PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 01:12:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 149 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE  (Read 586310 times)
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE
« Reply #105 on: 2006 December 17, 10:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Pssh. Huge costs? Conglomerate sites? We've conglomerated tons of sites here now. There are no huge costs. Claims of "huge costs" are nothing moe than lies and propaganda created by the infidel paysite dogs.

Now, I had a site that costed me $51.00 a month. It wasn't a sims site, it was a site to hold my catalog stuff I was selling.  It gets costly especially when I was not working and my site wasn't making any money.  I had to eventually give it up. It was a struggle for me to keep up the cost.  I was in college at the time and was hopping to make some money to help pay the bills.  $51.00 a month is high when you don't have it to shell out every month.

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
anoramic
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 December 17, 14:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Dragon"
Now, I had a site that costed me $51.00 a month. It wasn't a sims site, it was a site to hold my catalog stuff I was selling.  It gets costly especially when I was not working and my site wasn't making any money.  I had to eventually give it up. It was a struggle for me to keep up the cost.  I was in college at the time and was hopping to make some money to help pay the bills.  $51.00 a month is high when you don't have it to shell out every month.

Dragon

Even if, for them, it was $51 a month, with all of their subs.. they have plenty to shell out.
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 December 17, 15:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "anoramic"
Quote from: "Dragon"

Dragon

Even if, for them, it was $51 a month, with all of their subs.. they have plenty to shell out.

True, and with all the subs they get they don't need to charge such  high prices.  Site donations would be sufficient without holding cc hostage for the payment.

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 December 17, 19:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been doing some crude calculations based on figures from the TSR site.

Since November 4 2006, Sims2Sisters have had a hair mesh file downloaded 8260 times.

If that number indicates 8260 individual subscribers, and if they have paid for 2 months sub only, in 40 days TSR have raked in at least 73,927 dollars (I am in uk, I don't have dollar sign on my keyboard).

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Dragon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 December 17, 20:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tIIsuggas"

Since November 4 2006, Sims2Sisters have had a hair mesh file downloaded 8260 times.

If that number indicates 8260 individual subscribers, and if they have paid for 2 months sub only, in 40 days TSR have raked in at least 73,927 dollars (I am in uk, I don't have dollar sign on my keyboard).

That is a lot of money they are bringing in.  

Dragon

want a Magical Ep!
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 December 17, 21:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only hard data I have seen is this financial statement from 2001 http://reports.huginonline.com/881971/110551.pdf and if I'm reading it correctly it shows that TSR made about $58,000.00 in the first three weeks of 2001.

I don't really know all of the financial background of TSR which used to be part of MGON International before they folded.  The only available stats I can find was when MGON was being financed by a venture capital company called Ledstiernan.  Ledstiernan is a public company and listed subscription rates and what not for 2001 - 2003 but I have no idea if that information is still accurate.

And it's all mostly in Swedish.  I speak money much more fluently than Swedish.
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2006 December 17, 21:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "tIIsuggas"

If that number indicates 8260 individual subscribers, and if they have paid for 2 months sub only, in 40 days TSR have raked in at least 73,927 dollars

Ibibi AB (which is TSR:s legal name) claimed to have made a whopping 416,000 SEK (appr. 60,885$) during the whole of 2005...

You do the math.

You may or may not trust this information because the link I got the figures from doesn't work anymore (Lokaldelen, a Swedish search site for companies, and a search for Ibibi AB no longer gives any results. TSR is for some reason registered in Sweden, don't know why, the taxes are very high here but they must have a helluva accountant...)

We discussed it on a Swedish forum a while ago so that's how I could get the figures now.

Jysudo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 December 18, 09:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
Ah, I'm clean. I cancelled my TSR sub through PayPal. As refreshing as a good poop.  Cheesy

With the recent changes and those wacko forum rules and other garbage, I can't say I feel safe there any longer. It stinks of no-goodedness.

Good work. yeah with those kind of forums rules, i have to say it certainly sounds nazi. i never post in those forums there. too much sheep asking stupid questions. i only go there if i need answers to stupid questions  :roll:

o Away.
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 December 19, 06:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not too sure what is happening with TSR (besides being a sucky paysite), but I'm happy I never subscribed there. ): (Like I would. :roll:)

I know that it's been talked there, but I'm surprised to find that the guy (or the girl?) from Rubicon (Forwardmotion or something) was promoted *cough* to FA. I thought he said he'd stop making Sims stuff. :roll:

Quote from: "teadrinker"
Well Windkeeper who was the main reason I was subbing to TSR has lost my loyalty because she supports the idea of some content being pay-only.

Yeah, that's because she get paid for making these items. :roll:
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 December 19, 12:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "coliss"
I know that it's been talked there, but I'm surprised to find that the guy (or the girl?) from Rubicon (Forwardmotion or something) was promoted *cough* to FA. I thought he said he'd stop making Sims stuff. :roll:

That's the new thing in Sims community. You say you need to get a life so you stop creating stuff for sims, but who knows maybe you'll be back someday, but for now you're closing your site. The next day you're on TSR, uploading your stuff as a FA.

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 December 19, 18:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the cool kids are doing it!

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 December 19, 21:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you guys check out Forwardmotion's opener in the bio? Something about I should be out having a real life but instead I'm here creating life for you. Something to that effect. I'm too lazy to go look to do an exact quote.  Tongue Don't you just feel the love oozing from that site? Like, does that really mean you think everyone that goes to TSR for stuff is a loser because they have no lives, just like you, because they download your stuff and you make the stuff? I dunno, I didn't think it was great advertising for the site.  :lol:  It sort of has an edge to it. Perhaps Tom should reconsider that FA status he handed over.

It's good to be clean. I've only gone back for the Mac forum. That's what got me there in the first place so many years ago, not the content.  Cheesy
torque
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 December 20, 09:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
Did you guys check out Forwardmotion's opener in the bio? Something about I should be out having a real life but instead I'm here creating life for you.

Oh, so we should be grateful now? pfffffffffffffttttt. He can take his crap and shove it you-know-where.

stim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 December 20, 09:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Profile description: I should be out having a real life but no, i stay here and create life for you guys.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/exnem]Exnem[/url]  Peggy Sims 2  The Sims Resource
torque
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 December 20, 09:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "stim"
Profile description: I should be out having a real life but no, i stay here and create life for you guys.

I think he should create a life for himself...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 149 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: