PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:57:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The teutonic TWATS!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The teutonic TWATS!  (Read 25382 times)
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
Re: The teutonic TWATS!
« Reply #15 on: 2008 June 02, 17:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly Teutonic Twats, I don't blame you entirely, I also blame your parents for not teaching you how to share.

Holy shyte, that's what I always thought of it: "somebody's Mommy and Daddy didn't tell her to share her toys." LOL!

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 June 02, 17:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or does the room look close to what the Ikea ad shows, but really quite far away from it? The pillows on the sofa don't even match, and where are the stools?

Too much work to make the stools too i think, we don't get what we pay for!!  Roll Eyes And of course they have replaced the bookshelf with another
bookshelf from Ikea.. Can i say busted! to them now?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 June 02, 18:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how EA/Ikea would take to this, considering they could potentially lose profits on their upcoming stuff pack due to this.  It is entirely possible that someone could see paying Birgit for her Ikea stuff as a cheaper alternative to paying $20+ for EA's stuff pack.  If that were to happen, EA and Ikea would be losing their profits to a lowly paysite owner who is making stuff without Ikea's permission in the first place, and having the gall to charge for it against EA's EULA.  That's two copyrights being broken and some business crap about stealing profits and whatnot. I don't know the name for that, lol

alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 02, 18:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Birgit copies her designs from many companies, I don't think she's had an original design idea since she's  been simming. 

Yep, she copies high end designers and does it badly.
I'm a design whore IRL, and since I can't afford all the stuff I want to, I live vicariously through my sims.
However, I very rarely download anything from her. She releases a new set and usually I can spot the designs she's copying a mile away, but I very rarely download anything from her, since her versions are just fugly.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 June 02, 18:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forget, "and do not function."

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
bigphatfail
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 June 02, 19:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not a huge fan of the original IKEA designs shown in that picture in the first place... but what I could learn to tolerate, the Twats butcher with their sloppy handiwork. That shelf wood texture is some unholy manifestation of ugliness, and even that's a praisal. I wonder how many painful minutes it took to create that crap - hell, from the look of it one would think that adding the watermark takes more time than putting together their precious cash cow.

Now in full colors.
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 June 02, 19:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how EA/Ikea would take to this, considering they could potentially lose profits on their upcoming stuff pack due to this.  It is entirely possible that someone could see paying Birgit for her Ikea stuff as a cheaper alternative to paying $20+ for EA's stuff pack.  If that were to happen, EA and Ikea would be losing their profits to a lowly paysite owner who is making stuff without Ikea's permission in the first place, and having the gall to charge for it against EA's EULA.  That's two copyrights being broken and some business crap about stealing profits and whatnot. I don't know the name for that, lol

Teutonic Twats have already made the Vika desk with it lamps, and i read recently that the desks and lamps are included in the new Ikea Pack from EA. Habitat43 call the same set Gustav Study. If you saw the same pics i did, it was a true copy of Ikea. so i think i might contact some here, i am not sure how to come in contact with EA in USA, but i sure know how to contact Ikea. Birgit is breaking 3 laws here.
And i have seen they have made the same Ikea shelfs, white ones i have on my bathroom.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 June 02, 20:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why we recommend everyone use Certified Booty Content - Pescadoized for your protection.

And of COURSE the tTats are using the same system TSR does. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas gave them the system or they do it through the TSR servers. What blows my mind is that Thomas KNOWS we can eat the tokens, so he must have realized it wouldn't take us long to figure out the Twats are using it too. I suspect one or two subs will get killed off because of it, but in the long run, we will solve it.

*sigh* How the hell should i know, nobody has ever told me to use any Certified booty content.

Um, everyone here knows that spyware, viruses and the like are removed, if they are present in the first place, when items are placed on the Booty. Besides the whole "not having to pay for something that might turn out to be crap anyway" aspect, that's one of the major benefits of getting your paysite stuff here instead of somewhere else. So, perhaps nobody has ever given you a PB&J with the crusts cut off and explicitly said those exact words to you, but you probably know it anyway unless you haven't been paying attention. And, it's completely idiotic of these creators to think that by recycling an already failed defense system, the ramparts will suddenly rebuild themselves and the poor wittle pirates will be unable to find their way inside. That's all that Hec was getting at. No need to get all...cranky.

Anyway, on the issue at hand, am I being too pessimistic to assume that Ikea won't really care all that much? I mean, yes, their designs are being used, but they probably aren't going to lose any money over this. And if they do, we're talking drop in the drop in the drop in the bucket numbers, I would assume. It seems like a lot of companies are either ambivalent or even pleased when they make it into Sim form; free publicity is the best kind, and if you really wanted an Ikea desk IRL, you'd still have to buy one from them. If EA doesn't care, and they are the company who could potentially be losing real money from their overall profits on the next pack, then why would Ikea? Don't misunderstand, I hope I'm wrong. It would give me giggles for days to know that these jackasses went down because they made crappy digital knockoffs of a desk, I'm just trying not to get my hopes up to high lest they be dashed. Wink

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 June 02, 20:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, on the issue at hand, am I being too pessimistic to assume that Ikea won't really care all that much?

I don't think they would either.  EA as a big company who makes millions of dollars, yes, I could see Ikea wanting to get something more out of it than free advertisement.  A small sim creator, who doesn't make nearly as much, I doubt Ikea would so much as blink.  I know there are a few companies very uptight about their copyright, especially in instances where it doesn't matter, but I don't think Ikea is.

Besides, Ikea does a good job at copying famous trademark designs, editing them slightly, making them out of crappy materials and then selling them.  There is not much anyone can do though, as knockoffs are perfectly legal, and I would assume that so long as Birgit doesn't call her items Ikea there is not much Ikea can even do.  Herman Miller sued a company making knock off Eames Loungers.  The court basically said the the only think Herman Miller could trademark was the names "Eames", so other companies were allowed to make and sell trademarked designs so long as they called them "Eames Style Loungers" instead of Eames Loungers. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 June 02, 20:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: glasscigarette
Anyway, on the issue at hand, am I being too pessimistic to assume that Ikea won't really care all that much?

Probably more realistic than pessimistic. But on the off chance that a corporation will crack down on the offending paysite (Subway did, I believe), it's still worth the effort to inform them when some manipulative twat is turning a profit on their work.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 June 02, 21:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sherry makes some excellent points, but Snarky's right, too. *sigh* I guess it's time for a little cautious optimism.  Undecided

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 June 02, 22:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why we recommend everyone use Certified Booty Content - Pescadoized for your protection.

And of COURSE the tTats are using the same system TSR does. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas gave them the system or they do it through the TSR servers. What blows my mind is that Thomas KNOWS we can eat the tokens, so he must have realized it wouldn't take us long to figure out the Twats are using it too. I suspect one or two subs will get killed off because of it, but in the long run, we will solve it.

*sigh* How the hell should i know, nobody has ever told me to use any Certified booty content.

Um, everyone here knows that spyware, viruses and the like are removed, if they are present in the first place, when items are placed on the Booty. Besides the whole "not having to pay for something that might turn out to be crap anyway" aspect, that's one of the major benefits of getting your paysite stuff here instead of somewhere else. So, perhaps nobody has ever given you a PB&J with the crusts cut off and explicitly said those exact words to you, but you probably know it anyway unless you haven't been paying attention. And, it's completely idiotic of these creators to think that by recycling an already failed defense system, the ramparts will suddenly rebuild themselves and the poor wittle pirates will be unable to find their way inside. That's all that Hec was getting at. No need to get all...cranky.

Of course i know about spywares, viruses whatever, but this is not the issue here. I have uploaded hundres of files!  Huh How can we know if the files are watermarked or not? Do you check it out before you are sending a set to the staff?  I was surfing watermarks on this forum, all i saw was some few results with images. And stop correcting me all the time please! You do that very often, or all the time actually.  I hopefully wanted an answer from Pescado or the rest of the staff, Not another correction from you GC. Calling me cranky? wtf? I guess Hecubus can answer for herself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sent a big e-email to Ikea already, luckily in my own language,  and i do think they care. Swedish business people are not to joke with. I have told them that EA games has known about these paysites for a long time, but not done anything to stop it. And that a lot of IKEA stuff already is out on the net, before the new package is going to be released. I told them that players have complained about this for many years,  and that people are claiming copyrights over stuff they don't should claim copyright for. I showed them links to habitat43 and all they need. I also asked nicely for an answer.

Isn't it illegal to upload Disney logos on stuff uploaded to the official EA site? Who did complain on that?

I just now need to do something with EA, but i don't know how to get in contact with them in USA. i see hundreds emails around the world.
And to write to them in english, well, hopefully that could actually be possible.

EDIT: On Ikea's own site, they have VERY strict rules from using their photos, stuff, logos without their permission! They will not like this. I am quite sure.
But i don't know what they're going to do, so i just hope they do something! That would be nice. So EA games at least could suffer too.

« Last Edit: 2008 June 02, 22:39:39 by Luna » Logged

glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 June 02, 22:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you chill? I'd really love to see some evidence that I correct you "all the time." In another thread yesterday, you made a comment about something I said, and I responded in kind to let you know that you had misinterpreted what I'd said and there was no reason to get mad. I responded to this remark directed at Hec because it seemed a little rude to me. It sounded cranky. Maybe it wasn't meant to sound that way, and in that case, my bad. Other than that, I don't know that I've ever said anything about your comments, although there have been times that I've wanted to.

We're all at this site for the same reason, and it doesn't have to involve drama. Seriously: relax.

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 June 02, 22:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you chill? I'd really love to see some evidence that I correct you "all the time." In another thread yesterday, you made a comment about something I said, and I responded in kind to let you know that you had misinterpreted what I'd said and there was no reason to get mad. I responded to this remark directed at Hec because it seemed a little rude to me. It sounded cranky. Maybe it wasn't meant to sound that way, and in that case, my bad. Other than that, I don't know that I've ever said anything about your comments, although there have been times that I've wanted to.

We're all at this site for the same reason, and it doesn't have to involve drama. Seriously: relax.

okay, this is a vaste of time.   Roll Eyes

If anyone have an answer on my question how to contact EA i would preciate that.
Send me a pm or something. I would like to do what i can to make these teutonic twats suffer.

glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 June 02, 23:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, this is a vaste of time.   Roll Eyes

All I was asking for was proof of your claim. And I guess that settles that.

Anyway, if you read the rest of my comments, you'll notice that I gave my support to your attempts to prod Ikea into action. I think it's a great idea. I don't know whether or not it will work, but it would be awesome if it did. Contacting them is an excellent start, because we might not know if they will respond, but we can be assured that they won't if nobody tells them.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: