PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:58:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 958183 times)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #270 on: 2008 May 23, 03:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, way too cold.

This looks nice.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2008 May 23, 05:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm derailing slightly off topic, but has anyone been to InSim today? It seems like kathy is back..and there will be some staff changes. I wonder what that means for BBB?

Noting their previous "neutrality" BBB will do what he likes, continue to be moderator, and the only the anti-pay people will be told off.

If they are Switzerland, what does that make us?

Soviet Russia.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2008 May 23, 06:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are Switzerland, what does that make us?

Soviet Russia.  Cheesy

In Soviet Russia, mesh buy you!

Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2008 May 23, 06:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon me for stirring shit, but I felt it was pretty presumptuous to ask for $500 dollars in donations after 5 month absence and almost no input or interest.  I'm not saying that RL doesn't reach out and kick your ass, but that little post Anna X linked to seems to indicate real life wasn't the only issue. 

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
Druid
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2008 May 23, 07:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, i totally agree, Vod. They've had that donation drive thing up the whole time anyway. These threats are getting a little old... I mean, people complained back in January when they pulled the same thing... (the be-AWOL-then-suddenly-ask-for-donations thing).  Undecided I definitely can't afford to donate this time. I hope they make it though.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 2008 May 23, 07:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I may interject: After having a VERY long talk with Kathy today, things will be changing a bit. Mods will not be tromping on anyone and if they are, she will be ripping some new assholes. It's not that she wanted to stay away, it's that she had to stay away for health reasons. She did not leave BBB in charge, he took that upon himself. She just wishes to keep fight and most drama from her site, is that unreasonable? People that don't have a problem with pay sites hang at MATY, are they crucified there? Why should we get on her for wanting neutrality on her site, no matter what her personal views are? It's a free site with downloads for all. Let's not bite the hand that feeds us at times. Since when do we bash free sites? Hmmmm??

And Vod, shoot me a PM because while I don't remember the name you have here, I do seem to find your posting style very familiar.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2008 May 23, 07:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not stirring shit, it's being fair. Don't get me wrong, everyone needs priorities and I understand completely that real life can take it's toll on your online and gaming activities. That said, Kathy has been gone for months and she thinks that she can come back out of the blue and ask for $500 in three days? She'll probably get it, but the part that makes me mad is that she only passingly acknowledges the fact that the Insimenator hasn't been updated for the latest EP, while simultaneously asking for cash. Come on Kathy: I'm not asking you to get on the ground and grovel or something, but you can at least show enough respect to your users to say "Sorry I've been a no-show and haven't kept my work maintained" if you want access their bank accounts. She isn't obligated to apologize because she hasn't actively done anything wrong, but it would only be polite.

Plenty of people have discussed their waning interest in Insim in recent months, not least of all because of the atmosphere created by *ahem* some of the moderators. I genuinely hope that these staff changes she speaks of will have an effect on how business is run over there, but I'm not holding my breath. After all, a declaration of neutrality and the threat of banning anyone who dares discuss the paysite issue is the sort of stance that generally takes it's toll more on the anti-paysite camp than the pro-paysite camp. In my opinion, silence on an issue tends to be interpreted as implicit acceptance of it (although that is not always the case, I know, and she does have every right to maintain the status quo on her site if that is her desire). I understand her desire to avoid "drama" but for god's sake, how much stress can it actually cause her? Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be more stressful to have to pinpoint all the posters who dared to defy me by speaking their mind, and ban them. People saying what they think just doesn't upset me, I guess.

Also, it's "nonetheless" not "none the less," dammit.  Wink

EDIT: Paden, you're completely right. It just irritates me a little, is all...

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: 2008 May 23, 08:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She just wishes to keep fight and most drama from her site, is that unreasonable?

Not at all, but I scoff at the idea of neutrality.  The paysite debate has been banned there for some time, yet I notice that Greg of Sunsims nasty little download was still okay, and BBB *often* goes off about how useless to the community anyone who posts here is (which I find slightly ironic, seeing as he links to my site for some content that compliments his).

Over a year ago, I had a post deleted by BBB for being about the paysite debate (Jan 2007 is the date on my screenshot) yet Chairman Greg posted his crap in April of the same year.  The reality is that she doesn't want pirates involved, but paysite supporters can say what they like about us and the debate in general.  She's welcome to do that in her site, but it's not neutrality no matter how you look at it.

And - none teh less I spell and write how I wants to. So nur.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2008 May 23, 08:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love you, Fuzzy Face....

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2008 May 23, 08:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reality is that she doesn't want pirates involved, but paysite supporters can say what they like about us and the debate in general.  She's welcome to do that in her site, but it's not neutrality no matter how you look at it.

Bingo.

And - none teh less I spell and write how I wants to. So nur.  Cheesy

Oh, write however you wish, darlin', please! I was just in the swing of the whole "getting stuff off my chest" thing.  Kiss

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: 2008 May 23, 08:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love you, Fuzzy Face....

Kiss Right back atcha also fuzzy.  Cheesy

The reality is that she doesn't want pirates involved, but paysite supporters can say what they like about us and the debate in general.  She's welcome to do that in her site, but it's not neutrality no matter how you look at it.

Bingo.

Yeah - I got the hint ages ago that "my kind" aren't really welcome there and S2C is where I usually go if I want to help out people with their WCIFs Undecided  The only reason I post at all at Insim is to thank the person whose stuff I downloaded, and just recently helped with one WCIF so that annoying "Hi Calalily, looks like you haven't posted in ages, you might want to do something about that" message would go away (as there have been no downloads to thank).

Oh, write however you wish, darlin', please! I was just in the swing of the whole "getting stuff off my chest" thing.  Kiss

Thank yu will continue to do so none the less.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: 2008 May 23, 08:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Real neutrality is honestly letting everyone babble about what they want to, provided they don't degrade into flaming.  This is THE INTERNET.  It is NOT WAR.  There is no need for Switzerland.  That is stupid.  And to be fair, I honestly wonder about anyone who lets drama on the internet get to them.  You can surf away.  You can close your browser.  You can turn your computer off!

The only other option for real neutrality is not mentioning the issue, banning all filesharing site links and banning all paysite links.  That's really the only way to be fair via silence.

And that "fansites must be destroyed" t-shirt is still the stupidest thing I've ever seen.  The post is still the stupidest thing I've ever seen.  ZOMG EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO CHARGE OTHER PEOPLE TO HAVE A SITE.  Now, on the scale of importance in terms of playing The Sims 2, which is more important?  Everyone having a website, or everyone having access to game content?  No, fansites shouldn't only be for rich people--the content should only be for rich people.  That makes a hell of a lot of sense.  Holy fuck, the stupid burns.  It's a self-perpetuating circle of anti-logic.  Good god.  It literally hurts my brain to think about it.  I feel brain cells dying.

Seriously, any time I think about looking around InSim, I remember that post by Chairman Greg and I decide it's probably not worth it.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: 2008 May 23, 08:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that "fansites must be destroyed" t-shirt is still the stupidest thing I've ever seen.  The post is still the stupidest thing I've ever seen. 

Crap - I hate to spam up the thread, but if you hadn't posted five seconds after me, I wouldn't be, so it's really all *your* fault.  Cheesy

Stupid as well because it wasn't the booty as such that killed the whole thing, it was the fact that Chairman Greg just failed in the world of the paysite as his crap wasn't marketable enough.  He wasn't destroyed by the booty, but rather by the fact that he'd shown the way to start a paysite, and others had better content than him.  His beef should have been with TSR and others - who had better content for sale that wasn't floodfilled. At least at TSR and Glamsim you can have lots of floodfilled crap.  Grin

Visit Calalilysims

glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2008 May 23, 08:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is THE INTERNET.  It is NOT WAR.  There is no need for Switzerland.  That is stupid.  And to be fair, I honestly wonder about anyone who lets drama on the internet get to them.  You can surf away.  You can close your browser.  You can turn your computer off!

The Internet. You know what it is.

Serious business.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2008 May 23, 10:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Kathy has come back to check Beos' ego, fantastic. It seems he put a good deal of effort in shaping the site to fit his own pro-paysite position. I just reread Bitter Greg's thread and as recent as last month Beos was in there brow beating and editing out the content of some of those who saw the whole mess for what it was; a snide attack on file sharing wrapped in a lame attempt at humor.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: