PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:30:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 958254 times)
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #240 on: 2008 May 19, 19:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, Kragey. I hope you're right and that InSim has the chance to redeem itself in the eyes of visitors. As it is now, I'm not a big fan, but if it improves again I will surely go back.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2008 May 19, 20:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At one point in time last year, there was a thread at InSim where the booty was mentioned quite openly and links were easy to find. That's how I found this place. Since then, attitudes really changed over there. It was no longer the fun, playful place to be. I'm good friends with Squinge and was part of the wench/dork tribe of posters which was torn apart when some young person kept baiting and pestering and someone blew up and gave him a set down. Well, he went to Kathy about it and things clamped down like a vise. You couldn't even say the words wench or dork any more. Then came a blow-up between Squinge and Kathy; he decided to strike a path to freedom. I've got lots of information that I can't share, about how things went on, but it ended up that I helped him write an email to get his mods taken down and a farewell post. I'm surprised that I didn't get my ass banned over there when I left my own farewell post and let that information out about my helping him.

I visit now and then, but it's not the same warm welcoming place that it once was. I never had a problem with BBB, we used to be good friends, but something changed. His outlook grew darker and he became morose from things that were going on in his life. I felt hurt when he went to TSR, but it was his decision to make. He made it and while his stuff with Marvine stays free, well you know.... InSim was a home for me for a time, the people were there for me when my dad died and my cat, and those happened only two days apart. Many of the people that once posted there have left for greener places and leave behind a bunch of teens who go kind of wild. Back when I was there, language control was strictly enforced but now it sounds like a high school when there are no teachers around to monitor the playground.

I had posts reported and deleted because I dared to question why Anna Maria Sims needed donation sets because they had just opened. That bothered me. It was a simple question and never answered. There were nights that I was on MSN yapping with BBB and while he knew that I was a pirate, we agreed to disagree and left it at that. And now this. I don't know what to think any more. I just miss the way he used to be, before being an FA, because back then he was a fun person that you could poke and goof around with on the forum. Once upon a time, I knew him as Yakov. Now, he has become only beosboxboy. The loss saddens me, but time and technology only seem to move forward, so I've left it where it belongs, in the embers of the past.

If BBB were to go back to the way he once was, I'd love it. But it's not going to happen. I'm afraid that I see InSim going into the cave of obscurity due to lack of what they are known for. Some of the members that were there back in my day now create for MIKEY!!! over at M&M Needful Things, the Mule being one of them. Funny thing, Neptune Floozy of T$R infamy has some stuff over there, too. While this may be old news to some, it made my jaw drop... She always came off so squeaky clean and here she is posting smut for sims. Wonder if Thomass knows about her double screen life? And considering the smut posted on T$R that's been revealed lately, why would she go to M&M? Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? Only the Shadow knows, and he's not fucking telling!

I'm with you word for word on that one, Paden.  I was one of those friendly, if mostly anonymous, posters on Insim and the adult site, that shared a post or two with you when your cat and father passed, among other things.  I was actually rightly pleased to see you here, and see that you had gotten your feistiness back.

I too remember the halcyon days when Insim was a friendly place, although I always have felt more at home on the adult site.  Not for the content, but the atmosphere.  I'm still rather active there, but it's not the same.  Several members and admins gone, a general air of dissatisfaction and a new bunch of peeps who think they own the place.  BTW, you have a happy birthday thread mouldering over at the adult site, Paden. Grin

BBB's health problems have robbed him of whatever little spark he used to possess.  I don't know him well, but like Paden, I've noticed that even his rantings seem to have lost focus.  I just hope there is an upswing  soon, because the mood is getting rather dark.

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2008 May 19, 20:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not knowing him other than through his posts, it seemed to me that BeosBoxboy could not except the position that anything using a package file format belonged to EA games. I remember a few of his rants on the subject, before he stormed over to TSR, and they always seemed to follow the same line of reasoning; It was his work and NOBODY could tell him what he could and could not do with it. Why then he went to work for a man who uses creators much like a pimp uses whores is beyond me.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2008 May 19, 21:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does seem to be one of the greatest mysteries of the whole issue...

dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2008 May 20, 07:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why then he went to work for a man who uses creators much like a pimp uses whores is beyond me.

Because he's a whore?

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
madfairy
ARR!

My middle finger...let me show you it.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2008 May 20, 07:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why then he went to work for a man who uses creators much like a pimp uses whores is beyond me.

Because he's a whore?

I say, to each his own...

I SAY YAAAR TO PAYSITES...
madfairy7.deviantart.com
nekochanpurr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2008 May 20, 08:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy cow.. That pedo stuff makes me sick! I knew TSR was bad.. But thats a bit much! I won't be surprised if no one did anything about it (over at TSR) their minds aren't on what matters.. Its whats lining their checkbooks.   Embarrassed
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2008 May 21, 05:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never cared all that much for Insim's atmosphere. At best, it was cloying and saccharine, with Kathy herself leading the charge with her infamous bot-style posts of THANKS THIS IS GREAT on everything. At worst, it's just plain incoherent, as the moderation policies are basically completely wild and the moderators basically run amok there with no clear policy or oversight.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Scurvy Wench
ARR!

Now with POTO!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2008 May 21, 05:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading all the posting I missed (Damn school!) I can't help but think: Scurvy Wench: Stirer Of Old Shit. Your wounds, I can haz pours salt in thems?
But seriously, thanks everyone for their insights into InSim. I don't know half of what's going on when I'm paying attention, so I have no idea of all this drama from way back. Plus InSim is a place I just never go. There's nothing there that I couldn't find on MTS2, and better made at that.   

Playing in the GIMP is one of my favorite things. - chemestrycourtney
I did it for the Bacon - Hecubus
Thank you for that visual abortion - Paloma
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2008 May 21, 12:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so I am looking for clothes for Goopy, and more importantly a rather fetching hat. And what do I find?

What gets me... is the description:
" Pink Hurley Dress for that cool teen female sim.....even cool teen male sims need a good lookin cool teen female to hang out with....lol....Enjoy!"

And there are HUNDREDS of these skanky outfits, all with the motto "Now your male sims will like your girl sim, Now your male sim will pay attention and want your female sim"

Uh has anyone told these people they are A.I made of pixels? Have they? They don't WANT anything. Geez.  Roll Eyes

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: 2008 May 21, 12:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it's the background of the picture that worries me most. Some sort of alien invasion is taking place, and she's just standing there checking her fingernails.

glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2008 May 21, 13:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, she has to make sure that she looks as "good" as possible in order to gain the admiration of her little pixel boyfriends, right? Who wants to date a girl with bad fingernails and a non-floodfill outfit while simultaneously dealing with the enslavement of the entire human race by bloodthirsty alien overlords? A guy can only take so much. Wink

dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2008 May 21, 13:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, why is she wearing XXXL pink semi-sheer condoms on her legs, over shoes and socks and stuff?  Huh

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2008 May 21, 16:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Safety first!  Wink

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2008 May 21, 17:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, but, but I like that background! Get rid of the bitch in the foreground and that would make an awesome picture to hang on the wall. Gimme a break, stuff like that sets my imagination to going... I likes it, it's shiny... But the pink condom boot wearing bitch has GOT to go! Yuck! Looks like someone dipped her in Pepto...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: