PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 11:55:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 962808 times)
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #150 on: 2008 May 16, 12:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already emailed Steve Bonham.  He says he is looking into it.

People don't need accounts there to send emails.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
devilsrope
ARR!

She's filled with secrets.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 May 16, 13:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*

which led to a comment " Very sexy, thanks" from this

Even cautious as I am, I have to ask, if this girl really is 11, why is she allowed to upload sexy lingerie to a PG13 site, and why has no one over at TSR questioned this particular chain of events. If she's not really 11, it still doesn't matter. Sexy lingerie from a faux 11 yr old? I would think this is still wrong according to their rules. The comment, well that is just flat out ew and should be removed.

Since this note is getting some attention in the thread, we can't assume the comment is from a pedo can we? It seems a bit harsh to scold someone for not checking an uploader's profile for before downloading/commenting...I rarely do that. Is that an expected norm? I guess it depends on where you think responsibility lies...personally I'd never think TSR would be allowing pre-teens to upload lingerie, and wouldn't have been concerned that I were downloading something inappropriate. Believe me, I'm not defending comments like this being made to children, but I have no proof that mjkoregon knew the uploader was a supposed child. In this case I hold TSR responsible, because I think it's simply an unfortunate comment, not a maniac going after a little kid. I think most of the things in this thread are completely sick and highly hypocritical, but I can't condemn this commenter just yet. I agree with kenmtl, and the rest of you, that the uploads should be better monitored, especially when youngins are allowed to have profiles, upload, etc. Regardless of the fact that people will lie about their age, who they are, and so on, it seems that a PG-13 site's policy shouldn't let anyone under 13 have a personal profile. Actually, I agree more that TSR should simply become a BFBVFS.

edited to add:
I think in my too-early-o'clock posting I have missed that we all have the same point here, yes? The commenter isn't seen as the crux of the problem, it's that it shouldn't be possible for this situation to exist on a "family-friendly" site, because innocent mistake or not, it's f'ed up.

Ok, I promise no more posts until coffee absorption is complete. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 May 16, 13:28:31 by devilsrope » Logged

ADCO_Tae
ARR!

Civil official from TH & Banned ex-FA of TSR

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 May 16, 13:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most clothes I made for Sims 1 there are rated higher than PG13 Embarrassed.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/The%20T/downloads/sims1/skins/

There are a lot of stuff I wish I can deleted.

I changed a lot from a stupid teen working for TSR to a civil official ( Position : Assistant District Chief Officer ) working for my country.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 May 16, 14:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about Sims 1, T.  It's much less realistic than Sims 2.  Besides, do many kids play it?  I'd assume they'd want the shiny new(er) Sims 2.

The response to my complaint to TSR this time was basically to be blown off.  But I expected that--until a LOT of pressure is applied, they'll do their best to sweep this under the rug.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: 2008 May 16, 14:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they'll respond to the pirates *anyway*. They don't respond to their own members at all - look at how many people are banned over disagreeing with them - their own members protested (select artists among them) the way the survey was worded.

They don't give a shit, and unless it helps them get more money, or stops them losing money, they're not going to do a damn thing. Hence, why TSR has to be destroyed.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 May 16, 14:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still, I think it's worth keeping the pressure on them.  At least it might force them to go through their own friggin files to see what they've uploaded.  And it might cause a few subscribers to stop, or maybe even some FA's to rethink what they're doing.  Or maybe I'm way too optimistic.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 16, 14:24:15 by dietofworms » Logged

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: 2008 May 16, 14:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or maybe I'm way too optimistic.

Way too optimistic. Cheesy But, I'm sure that all those mums all over the community would like to know.  Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 May 16, 14:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try to PM or e-mail the admins over there. I still have a free account. I don't give a rip if they ban me. I'd like to supply them with pictorial evidence though, maybe I'll upload everything to image shack, and then send it. I'm quite sure they'll completely dismiss a link to this thread.

I don't expect it to do much good, but we do have to do what we can to fix this.
ADCO_Tae
ARR!

Civil official from TH & Banned ex-FA of TSR

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 May 16, 14:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they do not listen, what about contacting PTA for, you know, sexual contents for kids.

Will that be too much ?

I graduated in Politics and was in law school for a few years, but that if all I can think of to solve this issue.

I changed a lot from a stupid teen working for TSR to a civil official ( Position : Assistant District Chief Officer ) working for my country.
BobbinRobbin
Landlubber

I yam wots I yam, an' dats all wot I yam.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 May 16, 15:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In America, we have Dateline, a national news program that reports stuff like this......maybe someone should let them know? I think they'd be very interested in this....especially since it looks like TSR is trying to hide it.....!!!

I be colage edjamacated.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 May 16, 17:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for trying to cheer me up, Saraswati. It's Friday night and I am EXHAUSTED.

Jess Marie do I have to hold you down and repeatedly tickle you til you start laughing or something?  Wink

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 May 16, 17:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I reported some of the worst offenders from this thread at TSR. I doubt it will mean anything to them, but I'm glad I did.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 May 16, 17:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ick...Dateline is just as sleazy as T$R.

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 May 16, 19:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip*
*snip*

Thank you for clarifying that. I really had no intention to be accusatory, I'm far from a prude and definitely not interested in a witch hunt. I would never never, make an accusation like that unless I was 100% convinced in it's truth, and had the evidence to back it up. It was just the combination and the context that struck me as less than appropriate. Aside from that, it wasn't his/her/it first time commenting on sexy young lingerie. Seeing as this is about TSR, and they are proudly PG13, I felt drawing attention to the situation warranted mention.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 May 16, 21:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'The Smut Resource: exposing your kids since MTS2 stopped doing it!'

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 217 Print