PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:11:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 961955 times)
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #2625 on: 2009 April 30, 22:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of young people don't know that the M in MTV used to stand for Music. Now, it stands for Money, cause there's not a whole lot on that channel that has anything to do with music anymore.

I was watching MTV as it came on the air for the first time and played the first music video, "Video Killed the Radio Star".

My Deviant artwork here.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: 2009 April 30, 22:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loved the early days of MTV, back when they showed music videos and it hadn't turned to all shit, all the time...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: 2009 April 30, 22:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of young people don't know that the M in MTV used to stand for Music. Now, it stands for Money, cause there's not a whole lot on that channel that has anything to do with music anymore.

I was watching MTV as it came on the air for the first time and played the first music video, "Video Killed the Radio Star".

I remember that!  I also remember Friday Night Concerts before MTV, where they would show a concert, usually from a mega rock group.   I saw Queen, Alice Cooper, the Who, Rolling Stones, etc. on that.  It was late night and about Wednesday, my parents would start making "suggestions" about what chores I could do about the house that *might* earn me the privilege of staying up to watch it.   My parents were very clever!

When MTV first came out, they'd have almost no commercials either.  About every few hours, there would be a few adds for those "K-Tel presents, EVERY ALBUM EVER RECORDED!"   And  I remember watching it for hours and hours at a time, whenever I went to my parents (I didn't have cable, so, no MTV for me at home)

Then we had V-66 which was the "poor man's MTV", on the UHF dial.  I remember that one, because one night my husband (before he was my husband) were watching it, and they played the unedited version of Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Relax.  About half way into it, they suddenly went to dead air, then cut to the VJ, who was going, "Uh, you weren't supposed to see that."

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: 2009 May 01, 04:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meh, fuck MTV

I'm from the 'old school'...anyone else remember Don Kirshner's Rock Concert ?   Cool
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: 2009 May 01, 04:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm from the 'old school'...anyone else remember Don Kirshner's Rock Concert ?   Cool

Midnight Special anyone? Forget "old school"...I'm just plain, old OLD  Tongue
Alke
Landlubber

Misillusioned Discreant

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: 2009 May 01, 04:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was born too late to ever see it, but I looked it up and it sounds like it was epic. Shame, that.

So, how's about that suggestive content?

Bulgealicious.

And the show-stopper:

How many zombies make up a horde?
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: 2009 May 01, 04:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow...now that brings back some memories  Grin   and yeah, maybe more old than school   Grin
Axeleefe
ARR!

This Chair be high, Says I

View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: 2009 May 01, 05:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet Jesus!  Shocked

If I had a daughter and if for some reason she wore that, I'd be calling the Missing Child Watch as a pre-emptive strike!
eefje
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: 2009 May 01, 08:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must say, that last girl's outfit sure seems to be defying gravity. Along with just about every other rule out there in the kosmos.
PrincessKoriandr
ARR!

Inflicting Butthurt one Paysite at a Time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2634 on: 2009 May 01, 21:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes...pink school age kid skank.  They must be so proud.

Though not "midnight special" old, but I know I loved Night Tracks.  I can still see Tina Marie in that glittery butterfly dashiki wannabe as she sang Lovergirl.

Manpanties and Butthurt - The new feel good words of 2008.
bmyall
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: 2009 May 02, 03:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow...now that brings back some memories  Grin   and yeah, maybe more old than school   Grin
Could be worse young ones, I remember watching the Beatles and the Who on the Smothers Brothers. Does that make me older than school?

disillusioned miscreant<br />

mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: 2009 May 02, 05:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be worse young ones, I remember watching the Beatles and the Who on the Smothers Brothers. Does that make me older than school?

Hmmm..  no. School's been around longer than that. But, eh... it does make you older than Yaardarm, myself and well, probably just about everyone else here. Except Pescado.... he's older than dirt.   Grin

Since nobody else is going to mention it: That black outfit with the chains and nipple rings?? As much as those 2 things disturb me, the "shine" disturbs me more. If one of my boys tried to walk out the door in an outfit like that, I'd probably let him as long as he covered up that damned shine!  Shocked
bmyall
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: 2009 May 02, 18:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer to think of myself as slightly antique Cheesy

I don't understand the chains and rings much either, resembles a leash too much for my liking. None of that stuff is what I'd call family friendly. I'm wondering if the butterfly outfit is really moths that have eaten the rest of the material?

disillusioned miscreant<br />

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2638 on: 2009 May 03, 01:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just watching videos on VH1 this morning. AND, if I'm not mistaken, I think MTV still shows them.

ETA: I used to work from 12A to 9A and could've sworn that I used to watch videos on MTV at times during the night. But, I could be wrong. I've been trying to find out....of course you can't find anything out on MTV itself and all I've found online is "MTV doesn't show videos anymore" references.

Both MTV and VH1 used to show NOTHING except music videos- 24 hours a day of music videos- than they started crapping it up with shit like " punk'd" and Beevis and Shithead" and " The Real World" and whatever that stupid pseudo version of the bachelor with the rap star guy is on VH1 and then it became not so Music Television- if you are going to call yourself a music video channel than you need to actually play music videos- MTV2 still plays music videos as does VH1 Classic but normal VH1, and MTV have hardly any videos anymore which sucks- i have to find new music videos on YouTube,

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2639 on: 2009 May 03, 06:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Australia, we have channel V and V2, which generally plays nothing but music videos.  (Husband just upgraded our Foxtel to Foxtel IQ with the platinum package, so we get Channel V, V2, MTV, VH1, MusicMax.  Yeah.  We have a few music channels I think.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: