PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:18:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 958163 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #2010 on: 2009 March 15, 04:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PETA is a bunch of fucking hypocrites.  I loathe them with more loathing than most can imagine from me.  Any group that murders puppys and kittens on the road in their vans after -promising- to find them homes should die the most horrible way ever.

And I really can't understand people against milk products - how does this hurt the animals?  Eggs?  Okay, I can see it.  Meat?  That's fine.  I don't agree, but I can respect it.  And Sea Kittens?  Fucking bullshit - its a ploy to stiff naive celebs out of money, by acting like they actually give a shit.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Moonie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: 2009 March 15, 04:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could not agree more with your views on PETA SoggyFox.

Two atoms were sitting at a bar... one says "I think I just lost an electron."  The other asks "are you sure?" To which the first one replies " I'm positive." - Wadsworth (from Fallout 3)
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: 2009 March 15, 04:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PETA feels that we are working theses animals too much, and all them milking with cows harm them. They even tried to being religion into it saying that well if you eat an animal, well you killed one of gods creations, so you are going to hell. That and they claim that Jesus was a vegetarian. I found the sea kittens funny. Thinking giving something a cute name would make people not eat it. What I didn't find funny were the pamplets they passed out to kids, it said that you need to keep all you kitties and doggies away from daddy and mommy cause daddy kills cute animals for fun, so they are not safe, and mommy wears cute animals so they could be next, some shit like that.

But when I read they say they will find a cat or dog a safe home, and then turn around and put down more animals then the poorest and most overcrowded animal shelters in the country, that was just wow. You can be that hypocritical. To yell at people for doing that, when you do it yourself.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Keijra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: 2009 March 15, 04:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lost the very final shreds of respect for PETA (not that there was much left to lose) when they decided to use that horrible tragedy of the guy who went berserk on that bus in Canada and beheaded the other guy as a means of furthering their agenda.

They had it on posters and such saying that being beheaded and eaten by a crazed lunatic was just exactly like what cows go through when they are processed through a slaughterhouse.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: 2009 March 15, 04:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not hear about that. That is just horrible. Did the guys family (the one that was beheaded) say anything about PETA doing that?

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Keijra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: 2009 March 15, 05:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I had heard.

Disgusting isn't it?
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: 2009 March 15, 05:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PETA is the Al Qaida of animal rights organizations.  OTOH, the guy in Australia who was part of the movement to exterminate the domestic cat there lectured to kids in schools while wearing a tabby cat skin on his head--he is the counterpart for the other side.  A curse on both their houses.

As for the hookah thing--one state where I know it's illegal is Indiana.  It can be used to smoke pot, it is therefore paraphrenalia under the law.  As I said, a strict interpretation would also include brownie mix and definitely cigarette rolling apparatus and supplies.  

And, yep, medical marijuana is legal in several states.  However, the Federal Government still regards use as a crime and has spent untold millions of your tax dollars trying to get these laws overturned by the courts.  (This is, of course, under the neo-con gov't of Dubbya.  You, know, the guy who ran on "states rights".....  Dunno what the current administration's stance will be.)

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: 2009 March 15, 06:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PETA feels that we are working theses animals too much, and all them milking with cows harm them.

This bewilders me. Has anyone from PETA ever been to a proper milking operation? There are plenty out there that just set everything up mechanically. It's really cool - when a cow feels the pressure and wants to get rid of its milk, she actually walks to the machine and the machine milks her and disinfects (sanitizes, whatever) her udders. Then the cow just ambles off at its own leisure (or sometimes at the leisure of the cow behind her in line). The cows use it when they bloody well feel like it, though. If every milking operation were like this there would be no need to put up a fuss. But instead of pushing (or paying) for better equipment for the cows, they automatically skip to "NO MORE MILK!" Yeah, sure that message is gonna spread like wildfire. Roll Eyes

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2018 on: 2009 March 15, 06:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno what the current administration's stance will be.

At the Obama site there's a place where people can leave suggestions. The most popular one was to legalize marijuana. Everyone was talking about it on the forum they have there. Supposedly, the Obama administration supports legalization, but they aren't going to do anything about it until/if his next term. Many people have expressed their dissappointment in that Obama seems to be deliberately ignoring this issue, at least for now.

edited because I went to the site and the forum is not there anymore, neither is the suggestions button. I don't know what they've done, but it's totally different now.
kinda dissappointing. Angry
« Last Edit: 2009 March 15, 07:00:01 by paperbeth » Logged

My Deviant artwork here.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: 2009 March 15, 06:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PETA feels that we are working theses animals too much, and all them milking with cows harm them.

This bewilders me. Has anyone from PETA ever been to a proper milking operation? There are plenty out there that just set everything up mechanically.

They say then send in undercover people to investigate these things, but they always seem to go to the wost ones, you know the ones with all the complaints about how they operate. But PETA feels that those machines are harming the cows. But this is also the group that told elementary school students that milk causes acne, heart attacks, strokes, and cancer. They never seem to be able to back up their statements, the just brush it off when asked where the proof is. But those statements were banned in the UK for lack of research.

Dunno what the current administration's stance will be.
Many people have expressed their dissappointment in that Obama seems to be deliberately ignoring this issue, at least for now.

People need to wait. Really, the man hasn't even been in office for 2 months yet and he is already supposed to have everything fixed or commented on. But I have to say my favorite beef people are having with him is he always is using a teleprompter. People are having issues with that, thinking it is unnecessary for him to use it for all his speeches. People ever thought when he addressed congress last month it was horrible he was using a teleprompter.

paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2020 on: 2009 March 15, 07:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People need to wait. Really, the man hasn't even been in office for 2 months yet and he is already supposed to have everything fixed or commented on.

I agree. I have no expectations that he will fix everything over night. I do think Obama is way more likely to address the issue, eventually, than any president we've had before. He has already admitted that he smoked pot in college, and that he enjoyed it. So YAY Obama! Grin

My Deviant artwork here.
bmyall
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: 2009 March 15, 08:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Around here, most stores wont do Sunday sales, but the ones that do can only do them after 1pm.

College kids driving to some other town for their beer and then driving back drunk, that's good, apparently.

Thats just as bad as a PETA campaign a few years back. It was encouraging college students to stop drinking milk and rather just drink beer.
I just can't believe that anyone needs to encourage college students to drink more beer!

disillusioned miscreant<br />

Johquil
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: 2009 March 15, 08:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fairly sure it's fine to own one of those pipes here, in fact, I'm sure there's a retaurant that lets people smoke apple flavoured stuff. I could never go with my mates, tobacco of all kinds gives me a migrane.

On the PETA topic, I used to be a supporter, until I learned how hypocritical they are, my biology major also helped. I love animals, part of why I want to be a vet, I'm very pro animal rights, but I still eat meat. The way they treat animals for slaughter in this country is very humane, it has to be, to meet oodles of quality standards for export. Besides which fact the human digestive tract was set up for an omnivorous diet, it's too short to be soley vegetarian. We just can't get the nutriants we need out of vegetables. It also pisses me off when they make thier pets go vegan, a dog is supposed to be omnivorous, and cats are built to be carnivores. It should be animal abuse to force a creature to go against it's natural diet just to suit your sensibilities. Mind you, unless kitty is kept inside all the time, it's highly unlikely it'll stay vegan 'because it loves you'.

All that bull about milk containing puss, pfft, puss is dead white blood cells, sure, milk contains immunoglobulins to help baby cow, but immunoglobulins do not puss make. Besides, cows need to be milked, we've bred them for so long to have higher milk yield they just keep producing, until thier cisternae fill, then milk production stops. It causes the animal extreme discomfort to have full udders, hence why they're all to happy to have them emptied by the milk pumps (which are quite nifty). Also, mastitis (udder inflammation, usually caused by infection) is easily remedied by milking. Sea kittens make me laugh, 'nuff said.
 I'm all for arthropods as well, gotta love wetas  Grin. Where's their 'save me from women with shoes' campaign for them? Or octopuses and native snails for that matter. I see great lack of ethical treatment for any animals that aren't equipped with vertebrae.

**jumps off soapbox before she gets thrown off**
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: 2009 March 15, 13:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My opinion on Peta and most of its members is this;  How bad did the human race fuck you over that you were forced to turn to the animal kingdom for all your emotional needs?

Not to mention that they've been busted for improper disposal of animal carcasses.  You know, all those pets people gave to them, because Peta would never kill a defenseless animal.

And, they try to get to kids, but fail to mention to them, that if they have their way, your dog or cat, or any pet will have to go. They want liberation for any and all animals.  They were handing out pamphlets to kids about how their parents are  murderers, with a picture of an insane looking Mom or dad hacking away at some animal.  Oh, and a warning that until your parent gets over their bloodlust, you'd better keep your puppy or kitten away from them, because they'll be after that next. Lovely, that's a great thing to give kids.  Let's try to get them to distrust their parents, right from the get-go, that'll make for a much more peaceful, safer, society.  We want to make it so kids can't find fanfiction of Harry Potter dorking Hermione on the net, because that's EEEEEVVVVVIIIIL! but Peta has the right to stand outside of public events and pass those out.  God forbid their first rights amendments aren't protected!

The remind me of people who blow up abortion clinics and kill countless human beings, but feel completely justified in doing it, because they saved the fetuses!   They will go to the most extreme measures to prove a point and the point they end up proving is that most of them are batshit crazy. 

In truth, I see no need for most fur.  I'm also alergic to most fur, so people not wearing it is a boon for me, but mostly I don't see the need of it for a fashion statement.  If you kill a bear for food and want to turn the pelt into a coat?  You earned it, go for it.  But wearing fur, just because you think it makes you look sexy?  You didn't earn it, go buy some fake fur. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: 2009 March 15, 14:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, the part about the fur has always been my opinion. What is so important about real fur that you can't wear fake. That is pretty much the only thing with PETA I agree with, but they never find out if a person wearing fur has real or fake, its just "You're an animal killer." And the red paint was taking it too far. I mean really, you do that to someones coat, you are just fueling the fur industry, because the people you throw paint on are more then likely going to go get a coat.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: