PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:24:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 961932 times)
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #1140 on: 2008 September 24, 03:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked That is wrong in soooo many ways.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: 2008 September 24, 04:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love to walk around the apartment in my undies. Granted that I am alone. Sometimes I even play on my computer naked. I just like the liberating feeling.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 2008 September 24, 07:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not a dress. Is it in the everyday category? I don't consider it smutty, unless it's for everyday.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 2008 September 24, 17:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kierra it's not in the everyday category. It's listed as undies for adults and young adults. [edit: snipped link]

What's more disturbing from the same creator though, is this set for teenagers, although I'm not entirely sure it's been on the thread before or not. Click on the pic for a big image. I dunno, I just don't think my teenagers need to wear lace undies:

EDIT: Retroactively took out direct link to questionable smutty undies. Don't want anyone thinking I'm promoting that particular piece of work.  Lips sealed
« Last Edit: 2008 September 24, 19:40:50 by SBNao » Logged

Yae and Sae; the original Olsen twins.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 2008 September 24, 18:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That creator has the crappiest looking clothes. They are all photoskinned, and it's not even done properly. I just absolutely hate it whenever someone takes the texture and also uses it for the alphabumpmap. To many bumps!

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: 2008 September 24, 19:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That creator has the crappiest looking clothes. They are all photoskinned, and it's not even done properly. I just absolutely hate it whenever someone takes the texture and also uses it for the alphabumpmap. To many bumps!

Tee Hee! Funny you should say that.  I've done exactly two items of clothing in my life and the second one, I did that with it. It was a solid plain dress with this lace design up top...I used the texture/picture for the bumpmap because I couldn't figure any other way of actually getting the design the way I wanted. Then I just colored it the way I wanted. Yeah...clothes = not my strong point. Never tried them since.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 2008 September 24, 20:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tee Hee! Funny you should say that.  I've done exactly two items of clothing in my life and the second one, I did that with it. It was a solid plain dress with this lace design up top...I used the texture/picture for the bumpmap because I couldn't figure any other way of actually getting the design the way I wanted. Then I just colored it the way I wanted. Yeah...clothes = not my strong point. Never tried them since.

See I can understand using it for learning, because all the tuts I've read about it suggest doing that method for bumpmaps, as it's the easiest way. And a "tiny" bit of design doesn't bother me, such as a shirt with the heart bumpped; or lace on socks. It's when they decide that an entire outfit made of lace needs to be bumpped, that's when it bothers me.

In fact whenever I edit clothes for my simmies, I completely do without bumps. I just turn the whole bump map black. I know it adds detail, but I know I can't bump so I don't even attempt it in fear I'm going to piss myself off.  Tongue

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1147 on: 2008 September 25, 02:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I download an outfit with a shitty bumpmap, I'll delete it.  The bumpmap, I mean.  Here's a good rule of thumb:  If you can tell the thing's been bumpmapped, it's a shitty bumpmap.  Cheesy
SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 2008 September 25, 13:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a um...way to tell that it's been bumpmapped? I'm not entirely sure how to recognize that in a skin. Huh

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 2008 September 25, 15:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm derailing the thread and I'm sorry, but I've always wondered, how does someone photoskin clothing?  I understand the basic principle behind it, take a picture from a magazine or other source, use the picture.  But what about the sides and back? 

I sorta "photoskinned" a skirt once.  I found the skirt and used the front of it.  Then I "created" a back for it, by using the front again.  I had to make a lot of alterations to make it look okay.  Not great, but okay.  A lot of the photoskinned clothing I find, the back looks perfect too.  It looks like the back of the outfit too, as in the back might be higher around the neck, or lower, or drapped, something that says they didn't just alter the front and call it the back. 

I've always been curious about how they do that. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: 2008 September 25, 15:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I had the same problem you did.Modthesims2 is probably your best bet for answers. They have a buttload of tutorials that can help you out.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 2008 September 25, 15:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To basically tell if something has been bump mapped, just by looking at the clothes you can tell there are ridges. Like braille. In game the bumps won't show up unless you have bump maps turned on.

As for how to photoskin, you basically need a picture large enough to just manipulate it around. As long as you can get the sides to match up without any seams it's alright. I personally think for someone to photoskin a picture properly can be just as much work as creating it from scratch. And with that creator's work you can tell there are tons of seams. For instance in the lacy lingerie, there are seams on the front and back. So it's like they just took the front image and pasted it all around and lines up the design.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2008 September 25, 15:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally think for someone to photoskin a picture properly can be just as much work as creating it from scratch.

I agree with you on that.  My simple skirt was a huge pain and I developed a healthy respect for people who can do photoskinning and do it right. 

And with that creator's work you can tell there are tons of seams. For instance in the lacy lingerie, there are seams on the front and back. So it's like they just took the front image and pasted it all around and lines up the design.

Hm... I didn't notice on that one.   I'll have to go back and take a closer look.

Where do you find pictures of clothing that would be big enough to manipulate?  All the pictures I seem to find are too small, or the model is wearing them in such a way that they'd never work. 

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 2008 September 25, 15:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everywhere. I mostly get my pictures of online clothing websites. Usually their pictures are large enough. If you actually register over at The Sims 2 Writer's Hangout, they have a tutorial on photo skinning and a list of online clothing websites on where to get pictures from.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2008 September 25, 16:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everywhere. I mostly get my pictures of online clothing websites. Usually their pictures are large enough. If you actually register over at The Sims 2 Writer's Hangout, they have a tutorial on photo skinning and a list of online clothing websites on where to get pictures from.

Thanks for the information.  I must not know how to look stuff up on Google, because I could never find stuff that would work when I tried it.   Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: