PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:16:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 963092 times)
River
ARR!

View Profile
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #825 on: 2008 August 04, 08:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't let my son swear certain words in my hearing....not cause they were bad, per se, but because I felt they weren't 'appropriate' for an underage kid. Now that he is an adult, he can say what he wants...but while they are kids, there should be at least SOME kind of restraint...at the parent's level of comfort, of course.

"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C. Clarke 

See my Dragon babies HERE!
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2008 August 04, 08:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yes, River, I agree. My boy's 11 so he's not allowed to swear at all. But when he gets older, I will be a little more lenient with him, as my parents were with me. But there will always be words that I won't allow in my house. Mostly gay-bashing words or terms, but probably a few more. Hopefully by the time he's an adult, he'll know enough to censor himself if need be.

And speaking of errant kids, I was wondering if anyone had posted this before? It seemed wrong... for T$R, anyway.

Is it me, or is this teen sim definitely pregnant? I mean, it says "well-rounded teen" but come on, that's a little too round, if you ask me...
I was under the impression that T$R did not advocate teen pregnancy (and had nothing to do with inteen).  Huh

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
River
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2008 August 04, 09:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like a fat morphed teen that's been photoshopped a bit.....maybe to LOOK pregnant???  eh, who knows?? But interesting, indeed.  Wink

"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C. Clarke 

See my Dragon babies HERE!
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2008 August 04, 09:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever it is, it's hideous quality.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 04, 21:30:53 by Pirate Alex » Logged
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2008 August 04, 11:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bit above the groin deffo looks pregnant rather than fat.

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2008 August 04, 15:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My son is 23 and I will call him on his language at times.  He has a potty mouth that my mother would be impressed with (she swore like a sailor).   Recent actual conversation below:

AngrySon:  That sonofabitch (this time was his boss) needs to be shitkicked.
Roll EyesMom:  What did he do now?
AngrySon:  That motherfucking piece of shit, he can suck my dick!
Roll EyesMom:  Watch the mouth....
AngrySon:  Sorry.  But he IS a MFing (uses letters this time instead of the word)......

I can't stop the cussing, drinking or smoking, he's an adult and doesn't live at home.  But, I do tell him, "I don't care how old you are, I'm still the one who (start with conception and tell any and all things to make the guilt trip better for him), which means I own your ass until I die!  Feel guilty yet?  No?  Okay, how about when I......"  This is our running joke since he was a kid, basically to let his temper (again, from my mother) to cool down.

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2008 August 04, 20:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think cussing, drinking, and smoking aren't all that bad, in moderation of course.
I think what would scare me more were I in your shoes, cookie, is the thought of my child being so similar to my mom!  Grin

Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2008 August 04, 21:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although my baby son is an actual clone of my hubby, I can see his temper is going to be just like mine. I swear the kid has no patience at all! Well you know what they say...If you can't beat them join them  Grin

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
divinebovine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2008 August 04, 21:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any kids.

However, bad language will be the least of my worries when I do have them.

Racist or homophobic language will NOT be tolerated or taught, but I am not going to be upset if my kid says "shit."

Honestly, I find the kids who go "oooh, that's a bad word," ten times more obnoxious anyway, especially if it's really NOT a bad word, like pee or poo.
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2008 August 04, 22:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have four kids. Eldest gets away with hell, bugger on occasion, that kind of thing. I don't like to hear it from young uns.

When he was around four years old (when I was with my ever so charming (not) ex husband), we were walking back from the playschool, and a tantrum kicked off. He ran off, I couldn't chase because I was pregnant, and when I told him to get back here, the little barsteward shouted 'I'm going to rip your head off and shit down your neck'. I was MORTIFIED. That was my ex's favourite saying.......still is, apparently.

I have never seen so many people get whiplash, all at once, than on that particular day  Embarrassed

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2008 August 04, 22:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No kid of mine (any under 16) cussed when I was around...LOL!  It's was a milestone...at 16 you MIGHT get away with damn or hell, but not much else.  Once you're on your own, I can't control what you say, except around me.  I've seen kids call their mom Bitch and to go to hell who were 10.  NO WAY!  I'd be washing some mouths out!  These will be the same kids who at 12 and 13 will be out drinking all hours of the night, at 15-16, be getting into trouble with the cops.  And then the parents wonder what they did wrong?  They gave them everything, all the freedom, etc...  DUH!  Kids need to know the limits from the get go (you wouldn't let them touch a hot stove when they were a baby, why let them stay out to 1 AM  when they're 12?  So what if they say you're mean and they don't like you?  At least you know where they are at and what they are NOT doing. /rant

As for tantrums, both of mine tried once each.  My son decided to do it in the mall...I looked at him and just walked off (I could see him at all times thru the window).  After a minute or so when he realized I wasn't there, he got up, came looking for me, and said "Sawwy" (he was 2).  My daughter was about the same age but it happened in the grocery store and I went to the end of the aisle and watched her.  They never tried again.

This is my personal view and how I raised my kids.  Everyone is different and how you raise your kids is your own choice.

Cookie Cannibal
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2008 August 04, 22:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been known to actually wash eldest sons mouth out with soap and water. Funnily enough, the other kids never pushed the issue after that. He did tell me to fuck off though, and I REALLY wasn't going to tolerate that.

The eldest is a complete so and so......always has been. I tried walking off and leaving him during tantrums. He would run the other way  Shocked He lives for pushing the boundaries, or so it seems.
Mind you, it doesn't help when his friends are allowed out until 10pm. My sons in time is 8.30, sometimes 9.00, if, he is in someones house that is close to home. I know where he is at all times, and if he changes location he has to tell me.
Around here, you do see kids who are younger than him, out at all hours. Of course, because of this, he argues the toss constantly.

Like you say though, once he is of age, and has his own place, it's up to him to make the rules. Until that day, despite the arguments it causes, he will follow mine.

Cookie, can I ask what you did that stopped the kids cussing in front of you? With the eldest, I have told him off, grounded him, done the soap and water thing......he seems to get pleasure from getting a reaction out of me at times. Mind you, his dad was exactly the same, if not worse, so I guess I should think myself lucky, that he's not climbing out of the bedroom window at all hours!

Panthpirate
ARR!

hai i can has intrawebz lawyer nao kthxbai

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2008 August 04, 23:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even IMAGINE what my mom would do to me if I dropped the F-bomb at her *imagining body skinned alive and head on a stick in the front yard*  Lips sealed

I'm 16 by the way, but I'm a bit mature for my age so I don't do bong hits or sp33k leik diz111111111!!1

Then again I guess I'm a goody two-shoes. I was always the good kid, my older brother is the rebellious potty-mouth Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 August 04, 23:10:26 by Panthpirate » Logged
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 2008 August 04, 23:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, tantrums. Not. Happening.
And if my kid told me to go to hell, his quality of life would decline very quickly. Hell? I'll show you hell...
But if one day I say "That damn cat!" and he says "What damn cat?" I would forgive him. In fact, I think that's happened before!

As far as limits for teens and whatnot, I don't know about that. My kid's not there yet, so I can't say. As for me, I was taking care of myself at 15. I didn't live with either parent and supported myself. Not well, mind you, but such is life. My mother was then and is now my best friend, and there was no point in her trying to prevent me from living my own life, simply because she didn't have hers in order at the time either (long story). But she always told me to be careful. And I never got into serious trouble. No drugs, no cops, didn't get pregnant, nothing like that. In fact, I'm doing much better now than she was at my age.
I think it's more important to teach your children early in life how to live than it is to try to correct them later. The Do-As-I-Say-And-Not-As-I-Do school of child rearing doesn't work in my head. If a mother is sleeping with the neighborhood when her daughter is 5 or 6, how can she tell her daughter it's wrong 10 years later?

Teach by example and brainwash 'em while they're young!

cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 2008 August 04, 23:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Millie, I sent you a PM  Wink

Brainwashing, Threats, Fear, Embarassment....I miss the good ol' days!   Grin 

Cookie Cannibal