PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:04:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 217 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame  (Read 964000 times)
eifslitc
ARR!

>__>

View Profile
Re: More Smutty Than You: TSR's Hall of Shame
« Reply #2340 on: 2009 April 03, 20:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it isn't?  Every single parent I've ever met has complained to me, primarily, about three things:
The point in that is that they're alone on the matter. Anything done alone is likely to be difficult.

1: Kids are expensive.  ("Jesus, a can of FORMULA costs 18 dollars!  And have you seen the price of DIAPERS?" Then, when out of those stages you get, "Five dollars for this, ten dollars for that.  50 dollars for a band uniform... it's like they bleed you dry!")
Why buy formula when boobies are (sometimes) filled with glorious breastmilk? Even so, I'm sure not ALL baby formula's are 18 bucks. If push comes to shove with diapers, go old school and have like 5 handkerchiefs and a safety pin ready to mop up the poopdeck.

2: Kids give you as much heartache and anguish as they do happiness and joy.  ("I'm gonna throttle that kid, guess what she did today?"  "You're not going to believe it, but my son tried to flush the cat down the toilet!"  Even,  "Jessica is sick and we don't know what's wrong."  "Bobby had a flu of 102, we were terrifed we were going to lose him."  Even if the reasons is entirely not the child's fault, anguish is anguish.)
And? People period give you both anguish and happiness. Honestly what if your parent/guardian/whoever thought "Good God this child is a real pain in the ass" and treated you like a Chinese female baby? Sold you to whomever for a bag of chicken gizzards or something? I think a human's life > a human's mistakes. If ever one were so frustrated with other people's problems, we'd all have stop reproducing and killed off the rest of the population for, I don't know, happiness?

3: Kids wear you out, put a strain on the relationship, and physical strains on the parents.  ("I haven't had a full nights sleep since our oldest was born, and she's now ten."  "I get home from work and I have to do the laundry, start dinner, then I have to go to here and pick up Johnny, then to soccer and pick up Jessica.  And no, I don't have any free time on the weekends either, I have to take the kids here and there, and catch up on all the choirs I didn't get to do all week, because I'm working for a living.  Which I have to do, because we need both of those incomes to raise the kids." )
I've never heard of anyone not being able to sleep once kids are older than (being generous) a year old. If children are THAT much of a burden, men should be castrated once their balls drop and women should get hysterectomies once they become menstrual. I mean honestly, the same could be said about any human being straining to one another. Let alone a child.

I'm not saying that to many, the good far outweighs the bad, but basically, having a kid is a huge responsibility, if you want to do it right.   And when someone suggests that having a kid is just too much work for them, they should be congratulated, because too many parents start out thinking,  "Oh, a baby will add so much to my life.  A baby will solve all our problems.  A baby won't be that much trouble!"  That's the parent that's going to crash and burn.
I agree completely that the thought that a baby will be the miracle to their own issues unless they work at a farm and need handy work. I'm not really trying to come off rash and honestly I view most of what you said extremes. That's why I used extremes myself. I think child birth, the bond of a parent and a child, and the growth of one little sperm droplet into a full fledged adult is beautiful. Yes, there's some ups and downs with it, but that's life. Nothing's going to be cheap, stress free, and easy without having hidden fees or something within it. Period lol. I personally don't view parenthood for those of whom are able to conceive and able to care for that child as an epic burden.

Just an opinion really.

Approve memos.
Fresh new look. Same great taste.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: 2009 April 03, 20:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree completely that the thought that a baby will be the miracle to their own issues unless they work at a farm and need handy work. I'm not really trying to come off rash and honestly I view most of what you said extremes. That's why I used extremes myself. I think child birth, the bond of a parent and a child, and the growth of one little sperm droplet into a full fledged adult is beautiful. Yes, there's some ups and downs with it, but that's life. Nothing's going to be cheap, stress free, and easy without having hidden fees or something within it. Period lol. I personally don't view parenthood for those of whom are able to conceive and able to care for that child as an epic burden.

Are you from ancient Greece or something? Sperm doesn't grow into a child on its own -- a woman is not a mere incubator.

Having children is different from doing anything else, interactions with children are different from interactions with other adults, interactions with one's own children are different from interactions with other children. To pretend otherwise is facetious and silly.

No one should feel they have to defend their choice to not be a parent. Having children isn't some big unselfish act.

eifslitc
ARR!

>__>

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: 2009 April 03, 20:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you from ancient Greece or something? Sperm doesn't grow into a child on its own -- a woman is not a mere incubator.

Having children is different from doing anything else, interactions with children are different from interactions with other adults, interactions with one's own children are different from interactions with other children. To pretend otherwise is facetious and silly.

No one should feel they have to defend their choice to not be a parent. Having children isn't some big unselfish act.
Um... First of all, I was just debating with them for the sake of debating. Any negations weren't SUPPOSED to be OMG offensive.
I never said the woman was an incubator nor did I even intend to imply that. You don't start out as a fertilized egg within in your mother. You start out as a sperm cell in your father. I thought that was REALLY obvious given that I didn't say "From a sperm cell to a toddler". I stated from a sperm droplet to an adult. I was making a beginning to end implication.

The fact that you seem mighty offended just means to me that it's a touchy topic for you. People have the right to not want to have babies. It's their bodies. No ones saying they're any less of a person because of it. I just stated my feelings like they did, Batman. Roll Eyes

Approve memos.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: 2009 April 03, 20:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You start out as a sperm cell in your father.
Technically, only *half* of anyone starts out there. Wink

eifslitc
ARR!

>__>

View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: 2009 April 03, 20:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the other half clones?
I'm not catching your drift.

Approve memos.
elencha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: 2009 April 03, 20:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think CatofWar is saying that the sperm only includes half of the genetic code for a human. Hence, in theory, where a person actually starts depends on which of their parents hit puberty first...

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: 2009 April 03, 20:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think CatofWar is saying that the sperm only includes half of the genetic code for a human. Hence, in theory, where a person actually starts depends on which of their parents hit puberty first...
Actually, it pretty much always start with the female. Eggs are formed from the very beginning, Sperm are produced on relatively short notice and don't last too long before they die.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
elencha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: 2009 April 03, 20:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that might be the case, but I decided to err on the side of caution...

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: 2009 April 03, 20:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the other half clones?
I'm not catching your drift.

For the love of accuracy, neither "half" is correct.
You start out as a fertilized egg: the result is not a simple addition "half chromosomes in egg" + "half chromosomes in sperm cell". There's a complex interaction between the two parental half genomes, and the first cell of the new individual (which is the fertilized egg) is the ultimate result.

In a sperm (or egg) cell might exist "half" parent, not "half" child, at most, but it's not entirely correct even in this form.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
eifslitc
ARR!

>__>

View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: 2009 April 03, 20:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it pretty much always start with the female. Eggs are formed from the very beginning, Sperm are produced on relatively short notice and don't last too long before they die.
The very beginning of what? Puberty? Are we really delving into when, statistically, women produce eggs and men produce sperm?

Approve memos.
bmyall
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: 2009 April 03, 20:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As the father of two daughters, one in university, one in college I think I would say that kids don't make their parents happier or more anguish filled. If life is a roller coaster of emotions, I don't believe kids make the highs higher or the lows lower. What I do see is that there are probably more ups and downs if you are a parent. Anguish, worry and costs are there with life. If a person with kids complains of the cost of diapers, it's a given that if they had no kids the complaint would be the high cost of something else.

One thing people without kids will never need to worry about however, is coming home to a house with the tunes blaring from the windows and yelling, "turn that crap down!" then realizing, Hey that's Zeppelin...I've become my Dad Embarrassed

disillusioned miscreant<br />

eifslitc
ARR!

>__>

View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: 2009 April 03, 21:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing people without kids will never need to worry about however, is coming home to a house with the tunes blaring from the windows and yelling, "turn that crap down!" then realizing, Hey that's Zeppelin...I've become my Dad Embarrassed
Lmao.

Approve memos.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: 2009 April 03, 21:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think CatofWar is saying that the sperm only includes half of the genetic code for a human.
Yup, that's what I was saying.

Bloody Vane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: 2009 April 03, 21:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it isn't?  Every single parent I've ever met has complained to me, primarily, about three things:
The point in that is that they're alone on the matter. Anything done alone is likely to be difficult.

I think this was more of an every parent (as in I do this every single day) rather than a comparison of single parents. I would also agree that every parent I have ever known, single or otherwise has complained about the items on Darqstar's list.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.

If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
br_fl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: 2009 April 03, 21:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The very beginning of what? Puberty? Are we really delving into when, statistically, women produce eggs and men produce sperm?

Women are born with their eggs, men produce sperm daily. So technically women don't "produce" eggs because they have had them since birth. They only begin to release them when they go through the menstrual cycle.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 217 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: