PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 10:20:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free site threating to go pay...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free site threating to go pay...  (Read 27747 times)
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
Re: Free site threating to go pay...
« Reply #75 on: 2008 May 11, 00:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for being so nice, by the way. And for coming over and explaining yourself, and accepting help!  Grin It really warms my frozen little heart.

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
BlueIzumi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 May 12, 00:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey. Yes I know. Tongue Actually... I'm thinking about holding contests so you can get like your sims posted at the top for like holidays and stuff but noone wants to play my make over contest... I've honestly kinda been waiting for that... Wrost comes to worst I at least have someone for holloween to take pictures.... I'd like to make the background more plain... With out all those water falls it was supposed to be there only for like a couple of days but I was herrased about who did my back drop so I had to put my fist down and say noone was doing it.... x_x' Honestly I'm bored with it. Tongue Maybe if I can pick colors I'll acomplish what I really wanted. Smiley And yes I had to come and explain myself... Everyone was tearing me apart and they do not know me.... I've been a member of this forum for so long... I don't DL the stuff posted free... But I'm staying out of all of it... So that really hurt my feelings... Sad But at the same time the site needs to be fixed.... And Markus needs to get it taken care of.... So this is very good and after the fact you've all been so pleasent. Smiley (Oh and Saraswati... Since I was mad at him he's been busting his ass trying to figure this stuff out. Tongue So we're on our way ^_^.)  So it's nice to not be hated on anymore. ^_^ I have to tell you though.... I wouln't use another hosting provider... I've had alot of trouble getting this one.... My old provider is actually holding my origenal page name for randsom... Do you believe that? Completely nuts.... x_x' Never use Dothosting... They are really rude... And the guy on go daddy wouln't help me cause I'm a girl!!! I had to have Markus call him.... And at that point I was so mad I had him cancle it!!! I'm way to open I'll shut up now. Tongue
!@_~!

Thank you Saraswati for all your wounderful information and help. Smiley
Thank you for you help very much Smiley
!@_o!
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 May 12, 02:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I am so glad to hear that one Blue.. make sure you get him to come see me if he's got any questions, and make sure you get him to explain this to you too.. CMS's are not that difficult and you don't need to know anything fancy to make changes.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
BlueIzumi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 May 12, 08:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. Smiley I have to ask a favor. Tongue After we get this finished if he doesn't fix our skins page will you help me by telling him he should put the gentically correct ones on a special page.... I asked him to do it befor.... And he stuck all of them including the barbie ones on it.... Then the HTML got rid of it.... x_x' Sorry. Tongue I'm like ug! XD
!@_~!

!@_o!
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 May 12, 08:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley too easy.. you just need to let me know what form of editor he decides on because I might need to learn enough to help you.

BlueIzumi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 May 13, 01:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much that'll be great.... The fact that he leaves it like that drives me nuts.... x_x' I really appriciate your help ^_^
!@_~!

!@_o!
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 May 13, 18:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello BlueIzumi, i read the whole thread and i'm glad the misunderstangings were cleared out and that you got the help you needed. BUT can i urge you to create a different account on you computer, an account with the only purpose of uploading your creations. This way your unknown long-downloaded items won't be in it and you'll be able to fill it with totally FREE items coming from FREE sites. It's really odd to see hair from peggy and whatnot. Please don't even use free items from paysites for your site pics 'cause that's hypocrisy. Sorry if i sound harsh but your download pages just make advertising for the payshit sites and it really irks me...
I say it again: sorry if i sound harsh Smiley

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 May 13, 20:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink Hey Dr House

I understand this is an issue.. Maybe you could start by suggesting some alternatives to Blue? She was explaining to me that Peggy and Rose were the only people who'd helped her early on which is why she uses their meshes.. I'm not a great person to suggest them because I only use about six or so hair meshes in my game (can't do without my Carnaby Sims bob) but someone who uses lots of hairs could probably give her better advice..

Kath

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 May 13, 21:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Kath, i was in a bit of hurry when i wrote my precious post; i wanted to tell Blue about the alternatives (free hairs etc)
but hadn't the time. (Even though i'm sure she already knows about some free sites)

So Blue here's a couple of suggestion for free items to dress up your models or your houses:
- Mod The Sims 2: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php
- Bipsouille: http://sites.estvideo.net/bipsouille.sims
(french site filled with classy, SciFI and victorian hairs, skins and great accessories!)

- Insim: http://www.insimenator.net
- The Sims Artists Union: http://simsartistsunion.com/
(dreadful to naviguate but has TONS of awesome stuff, really worth the hassle!)

- Our mate Anouk's site: http://noukiesims2.net/wp/
(for a ton of beautiful hairs!)

- Wicked Nouk's Family (Anouk's webring): http://www.wickednoukfamily.com/
(from there you can get to a lot of free sites hosted by Anouk)

- Carnaby's Sims's famous bob mentioned by Saraswati Grin http://carnabysims.pupvintage.com/

And A lot of pirates here have their sites in their sig, all free Smiley

etc etc There's a lot of other sites but i don't have a prepared list and these links should be enough to start a new, clean sims 2 account on your computer!
Windows: create another user, aka "Sims 2 Uploads" or something, install sims on it, fill the downloads with free items from free sites, use this account to create, test and snapshot your C.C. and voilą!  Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 May 13, 21:57:46 by Dr House » Logged

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 May 14, 04:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue can you clean out your inbox, I tried to send you a pm but it's full  Sad

I forgot all about this.. a year ago I actually did a heap of tutes (back when my nic was Vashti) about how to do a basic HTML site. If you do these tutes you'll be able to do enough to maintain your site yourself and you don't need any special programs. http://mysimsite.net/

I thought it might make you feel good if you were independant and could do it yourself..

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 May 14, 11:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The html tutes absolutely rock - that's what helped me make my site.  It's easy and quite fun when you get into it.   Wink

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
BlueIzumi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 May 15, 07:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not using hypocrisy I do not! DL! Anything from this site... I have my own way of getting my iteams w/o doing such a thing.... I have only recieved support from Rose and Peggy and Sunair... As such I will not turn my back on them... In my time of need Peggy was the only one to support me... Not a free site... And I personally WILL NOT! Use any of Nouk's stuff on my own... AND KNOW ABOUT IT! I know you guys love her and that is great but she's just not.... My style. Smiley I will not turn my back on the people who helped me... As you would not turn your back on someone who helped you when you needed help... As for Roan... I should remove her from my site but she's scary... And quite mean... And L loves using her stuff.... So I kinda just don't touch anything.... I leave it as it was when I opened... And that way it will remain that way... No alterations... So I do not have to worry about affiliates and all that stuff.... The only page I edit is my links page so I can put whatever is wanted on there.... And I do not take all the pictures on my web page... In fact I probebly take the least amount of pictures on my site... Because I think the most I've ever made for an update is 5 iteams... And don't get all mad... I do not! Have a link on my site that says everyone donate to peggy blah blah blah... If people want to DL or pay for her stuff that's not my fault... I didn't make them... But if people want to use her free stuff I encourage it... Again I can't turn my back on the only person to have helped me in my time of need.... She was the only person to stand by me when the girl I used to work for was mean and made sure my site was turned away from as many sites as she could... Only Peggy gave me support... Noone else did.... In fact... Other free sites told me I was undeserving... And that I had talked bad about her... WHEN I SAID NOTHING! She posted nasty things on her site and I got in trouble! SO! TELL ME! How would you feel? Another side note! I am trying to build hair meshes now... To stop the need for the use of other sites hair.... In fact if you will notice I think... (unless I forgot one) All my photo's for the most part all my models are wearing my hair... And I will continue! To make it my goal to be self sufficiant... And not need to use other sites stuff... Weather they are free or pay.... And I refuse to remove pay stuff from my Dl's folder... Because I don't even have all the time to remove the stuff that is uglier then sin from there! AND TRUST ME! I have some of the ugliest Dl's I have ever seen in there.... It's so bad..... x_x' I have stuff not attatched to skins everything... You name it I got it..... x_x' It's a shameful problem.... But I do my best not to use anything from MTS... I have had problems with that site too.... Noone really wants to help you on there.... Everyone I have asked either seems to busy or to mad? I have no idea... So if I can continue and get my hair meshes going! Which I hope I can soon. Smiley I think I figured out a better texture. ^_^ I will try and make a bunch an tell L to only use stuff from the site once I get enough... I have been working on this very hard... I've made alot of hair meshes lately... In fact I'm working on a male one right now... Which I hope works so we don't have to use other male meshes... And then I could make a whole bunch more. Smiley I want to be better then pay sites so you can get pay stuff for free. Tongue And that is my thing... I just can't do it... It would be betrayal and wrong... So I can't... And thank you so much Saraswati for letting them know I really appriciate your help I do! You're one of the nicest people I've ever met. Smiley And so understanding ^_^. And sorry I went absent I've been trying to figure out how to add layers correctly... But I think Tetuo has helped me. Smiley So again enough from me... Thanks again Saraswati I will empty my inbox... I tried to leave the stuff in it for Markus but I'll delate it now.Smiley And I have to appologize about how angree I probebly sounded... But it's like still a sore spot how poorly I was treated after I split off from that other site... So... It's like old an awful memories? And then I get all upset I'm like ready to cry... People were really mean to me.... It's like a yr since then and I'm still recovering the damage that has been done... Including the theft... I'm seriously mad about how she stole stuff from our site and put it on hers... THEN!! I said please take it down it belongs to my staff and she refused... I mean the stuff was free! It's not like it was donation or anything! I have nothing donation! You can get it all at my site for free... Anyways she basically told me to shove it... And said she needed to talk to L so L wrote her asking her to remove the iteams and the site mistress said... Okay I'll remove it since yo u"begged me" but I wouln't remove it untill my next update... And then she didn't update for over a month.... x_x' Can you tell I'm still a little upset? Sad As a side note I would not be surprized if she has read this... She's like that....... And I just realized another guilty secreat... Another reason I can not completely get rid of my DL's folder is... I have some stuff from like the begining of Siming... And it's stuff from a long time ago like MTS or something... That has been removed and not reuploaded.... And it's mostly male clothing.... (this is me being sain again sorry I'm still pretty tweaked about past problems. Tongue) And you know male clothing finding good stuff... It's well it's not crazy rare but they are a difficult find... Like said earlier here I can't remember the exact post but something like "I wish people would lable their Dl's so I can give proper credit" and all that good stuff... And that stuff if wounderful free stuff I would be loosing... My DL's folder is a mess it's like over 5GB and that's just my DL's folder.... Okay but enough so please... Leave me alone for that stuff... Because it brings up really bad memories... And kinda sets me off and makes me really sad... I lost alot of friends because of this... And I don't like reliving it...
!@_~!

!@_o!
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 May 15, 07:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Blue

Ok, please do me a favour.. a chunk of text that big scares people. What I need you to do for me is sit down after you've typed a paragraph and see if you can break it up anywhere. Because I understand you're upset but most people won't read it if they get faced with that much text because it does their heads in if they can't seperate one idea from another.

What you need to understand is while most people on this forum are very nice, this is paysites must be destroyed, so they're not going to have positive thoughts about sites like Peggy. It's ok to agree to disagree. You can't expect them to perceive her positively because they haven't had the experience of her being kind to them, just way overcharging for her files and starting the charge towards ludicrously overcharged paysites.

If you're kicking around this forum you will need to become used to the fact that people are very blunt and direct about what they think. It doesn't make them bad people. We're almost legendary for our ability to accept differences of opinion around here. It's ok to say "I'm sorry you feel like that, I don't feel I'm being hypocrytical" in response. And you will need to learn to toughen up if you're hanging around here because otherwise you'll be upset every second minute.

I hope you chose to read the tutes, you will get a lot out of the independant feeling you get from being able to take care of yourself. Smiley

Kath

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 May 15, 08:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue, it's going to be ok. You're going to learn this stuff and make it work because you're an intelligent person. No, turning your back on someone that helped you isn't right, and I respect that kind of loyalty. Keep learning and you'll make it the best that you can, no one can ask for more. And, I apologize for anything harsh I may have said. Peace? We can agree to disagree, it's what makes the world go around, you know?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 May 15, 10:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope this helps.  Tweaked to make for easier reading, no text altered except for periods, commas, spaces and uppercase where needed.  Smilies removed.

I am not using hypocrisy I do not! DL! Anything from this site.

I have my own way of getting my iteams w/o doing such a thing.  I have only recieved support from Rose and Peggy and Sunair.  As such I will not turn my back on them.  In my time of need Peggy was the only one to support me, not a free site.  And I personally WILL NOT use any of Nouk's stuff on my own.  AND KNOW ABOUT IT!

I know you guys love her and that is great but she's just not my style.  I will not turn my back on the people who helped me.  As you would not turn your back on someone who helped you when you needed help.

As for Roan, I should remove her from my site but she's scary, and quite mean.  And L loves using her stuff.  So I kinda just don't touch anything, I leave it as it was when I opened, and that way it will remain that way, no alterations.  So I do not have to worry about affiliates and all that stuff.

The only page I edit is my links page so I can put whatever is wanted on there.

And I do not take all the pictures on my web page.  In fact I probebly take the least amount of pictures on my site,  because I think the most I've ever made for an update is 5 iteams.

And don't get all mad, I do not have a link on my site that says everyone donate to peggy blah blah blah.  If people want to DL or pay for her stuff that's not my fault, I didn't make them.   But if people want to use her free stuff I encourage it.  Again I can't turn my back on the only person to have helped me in my time of need.

She was the only person to stand by me, when the girl I used to work for was mean, and made sure my site was turned away from as many sites as she could.  Only Peggy gave me support.  Noone else did,  In fact, other free sites told me I was undeserving, and that I had talked bad about her, WHEN I SAID NOTHING!   

She posted nasty things on her site and I got in trouble! SO! TELL ME! How would you feel?

Another side note! I am trying to build hair meshes now.  To stop the need for the use of other sites hair.  In fact if you will notice I think (unless I forgot one) all my photo's for the most part, all my models are wearing my hair, and I will continue to make it my goal to be self sufficiant, and not need to use other sites stuff.   Whether they are free or pay.

And I refuse to remove pay stuff from my Dl's folder, because I don't even have all the time to remove the stuff that is uglier then sin from there! AND TRUST ME! I have some of the ugliest Dl's I have ever seen in there.  It's so bad.

I have stuff not attatched to skins, everything.  You name it I got it.   It's a shameful problem.  But I do my best not to use anything from MTS.  I have had problems with that site too.  No-one really wants to help you on there.  Everyone I have asked either seems to busy or to mad?

I have no idea.  So if I can continue and get my hair meshes going! Which I hope I can soon.  I think I figured out a better texture.  I will try and make a bunch an tell L to only use stuff from the site once I get enough.

I have been working on this very hard.  I've made alot of hair meshes lately.  In fact I'm working on a male one right now. Which I hope works so we don't have to use other male meshes.  And then I could make a whole bunch more.

I want to be better then pay sites so you can get pay stuff for free.  And that is my thing.  I just can't do it.  It would be betrayal, and wrong.  So I can't. 

And thank you so much Saraswati for letting them know I really appriciate your help,  I do!   You're one of the nicest people I've ever met.  And so understanding, and sorry I went absent, I've been trying to figure out how to add layers correctly.  But I think Tetuo has helped me.

So again enough from me.  Thanks again Saraswati, I will empty my inbox.  I tried to leave the stuff in it for Markus but I'll delate it now. 

And I have to appologize about how angree I probebly sounded.  But it's like still a sore spot how poorly I was treated after I split off from that other site.  So, it's like old an awful memories?

And then I get all upset I'm like ready to cry.  People were really mean to me.  It's like a yr since then and I'm still recovering the damage that has been done.  Including the theft.  I'm seriously mad about how she stole stuff from our site and put it on hers.  THEN!! I said please take it down it belongs to my staff, and she refused.  I mean the stuff was free!  It's not like it was donation or anything!  I have nothing donation!  You can get it all at my site for free. 

Anyways she basically told me to shove it, and said she needed to talk to L, so L wrote her asking her to remove the iteams, and the site mistress said, okay I'll remove it since you "begged me",  but I wouln't remove it untill my next update.  And then she didn't update for over a month.

Can you tell I'm still a little upset? 

As a side note.  I would not be surprized if she has read this.  She's like that. 

And I just realized another guilty secreat.  Another reason I can not completely get rid of my DL's folder is, I have some stuff from like the begining of Siming.  And it's stuff from a long time ago like MTS or something.  That has been removed and not reuploaded.  And it's mostly male clothing (this is me being sain again, sorry I'm still pretty tweaked about past problems).  And you know male clothing finding good stuff.  It's, well it's not crazy, rare but they are a difficult find. 

Like said earlier here, I can't remember the exact post but something like "I wish people would lable their Dl's so I can give proper credit" and all that good stuff.  And that stuff if wounderful free stuff I would be loosing.  My DL's folder is a mess, it's like over 5GB and that's just my DL's folder.

Okay but enough, so please leave me alone for that stuff, because it brings up really bad memories, and kinda sets me off and makes me really sad.  I lost alot of friends because of this.  And I don't like reliving it.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: