PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 01:36:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I smell bullshit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I smell bullshit  (Read 99869 times)
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« on: 2006 December 10, 10:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was reading Windkeeper's blog on TSR and this is her latest update:

No free rotation for now

Posted On Dec 10, 2006 | 0 Comments

Changes again. Setting all the content except featured artists to be free is taking a tall on TSR. Subscriptions are dropping. To help promote subscription, free rotation of our creations is limited or even completely stopped by now. It's hard to say what will it be in the future. But I support this move and strongly believe that TSR subscription is well worth it! You will not find a better selection for this price at any other sims site!
CARLYMICHELLE
ARR!

View Profile
Re: I smell bullshit
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 10, 10:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"
Was reading Windkeeper's blog on TSR and this is her latest update:

No free rotation for now

Posted On Dec 10, 2006 | 0 Comments

Changes again. Setting all the content except featured artists to be free is taking a tall on TSR. Subscriptions are dropping. To help promote subscription, free rotation of our creations is limited or even completely stopped by now. It's hard to say what will it be in the future. But I support this move and strongly believe that TSR subscription is well worth it! You will not find a better selection for this price at any other sims site!

heheh well we dont have  to worry i have got everything i need off TSR on this site
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 10, 11:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O RLY?

Tch. TSR sucks...I bet next, the sub will go up, for even less content.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 10, 17:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HChansomethingother must've gotten through Windkeeper in her desire for an ALL PAY DAY with content.

That's niiiiiiiice.
Xerolize
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 10, 17:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah that's bullshit. people only donated for the FA stuff anyway.  :roll:
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 10, 18:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow TSR is just being stingy now.

I doubt their sales dropped like stated b4 people only subbed there for the FA stuff.

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
BootStrapBill
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 10, 19:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually didn't mind subscribing to TSR before they made the recent changes, but all these new FA's they've brought onboard are crap.  I rarely see anything really interesting come up in the "coming soon" sidebar anymore, and when something does, it's invariably from Windkeeper or Cashcraft or one of the other FA's who've been there all along.

They'd probably have more subscribers if they limited their Featured Artists to people with real talent who make unique items instead of flooding their pay section with the same kind of craptastic items you can get on any Sims site.  :p
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 10, 19:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see why they made the non-featured stuff all free in the first place.  While no one likes paying a subscription, TSR was one of the few we I would sub to, because of the convenience of having any of the files when we wanted without waiting.   Psychologically it was wrong to make the recent change cos I now feel I am paying $6 a month for only one or two downloads a month.  While the FA's are quite good, the couple of things I have each month I *could* make for myself.

Anyway, this new move puts TSR over the threshold into being a proper pay site under the terms of PMBD - ie they now have certain content which can *only* be obtained by paying.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 10, 20:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly TSR enrolled in a course at the Carla Niven School of Business Management.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: I smell bullshit
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 10, 21:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You will not find a better selection for this price at any other sims site!

Oh really?  I find that free is the best price... and there are certainly a lot much better stuff floating around on those sites.  I was almost offended till I realized I didn't care that much.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
ChloeFox
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 10, 22:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is bullshit.  :?
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I smell bullshit
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 10, 23:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even more bullshit is his claim to be running into financial problems because of those FA items being free. I know for a fact he's making very generous offers to creators around the community in order to lure them to his site, the sort that certainly don't imply a lack of money, if you get my meaning.  Cool  Besides, someone did the math once. The profit he makes off TSR is huge.

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Vaughna
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 11, 00:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think TSR has now lived up to its name, they really are the Shit Repository  :x
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 11, 01:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also notice that the site as a whole hasn't mentioned this little alteration, it's thus far only there for people who care to do a little digging...I mean, out of most general, everyday users, who actually reads the FA's blogs?

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 11, 04:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stalk FAs all the time.