PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 07:22:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I smell bullshit
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I smell bullshit  (Read 100017 times)
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 11, 17:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Surelyfunke"
Quote from: "jesserocket"
I also notice that the site as a whole hasn't mentioned this little alteration, it's thus far only there for people who care to do a little digging...I mean, out of most general, everyday users, who actually reads the FA's blogs?

Umm, I do? When I go to Windkeeper's site to pillage her shit, her blog updates are there. No digging involved, stupid Oniella.

That's why I specified general, everyday users. People who have their sub, and just go and download stuff. I haven't downloaded anything from TSR forever, so it may have changed, but I almost never visited any of the FA's pages, I didn't really give a shit what they were up to, I just downloaded whatever was new since last time, and left.

My point was, one would only see this new policy, if they specifically went to Windkeeper's page, which isn't something everyone does all the time...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Evirus
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 11, 20:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that place has reeked of bullshit for a long time... they just added a fresh pile
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 12, 00:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
That's really low compared to what some sites get offered to shut down.

I really wish EA would investigate ole Thomas. I think he's making a LOT of money off their copyrighted materials. He's like some petty mafioso, taking a cut, gobbling up good sites and mixing them with his giant pile of crap.  :roll: Makes me sick too.

I think he's probably running around to other forums making sure all mention of this site is completely censored. He was happy to let Rose take all the heat for the paypal thing too.

What a piece of work! And Windkeeper makes great stuff, but sounds like she's just as bad.  :evil:
toomanyguppys
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #33 on: 2006 December 12, 03:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
its up to the FA's how much of their crap is free each week, windkeeper is just explaining that they don't want their stuff to be free anymore but blaming it on low subscription sales.

Are you sure?  Her words, "To help promote subscription, free rotation of our creations is limited or even completely stopped by now. It's hard to say what will it be in the future. But I support this move..." make it SEEM as if the decision to 'limit or completely stop' the free rotation is a decision made by someone other than her, and as a means to hopefully increase subscriptions in general, rather than a decision made by herself to increase her own commissions.  She seems to be trying to sound a little regretful (heh) but, well, she's working for TSR, so I'm not really buying it.

I did see where Thomas originally said that the FA's themselves would decide which of their items would be on free rotation and that the FA's would be in control of this--which agrees with what you said.

So either TSR is at least advising the FA's to be a bit stingy with putting items on free rotation to try and drive up subscriptions, or the FA's themselves are being a little stingy to drive up commisions, or some of both.

I just went over to TSR and set the filter thingy to show me downloads that are both FREE and by FA's.  There were 96 files.  (And I didn't like any of them, unsurprisingly.) Thomas did originally say "a handful" of free FA items each week.  The hand is simply getting smaller, I reckon.

on't play leapfrog with unicorns
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #34 on: 2006 December 12, 08:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't downloaded from TSR in ages, and I have a current sub.  I don't suppose I shall be renewing.  Some of the FAs produce excellent work, but for a long time now I haven't spotted anything that struck me as being "just what I need".   In the early days, a few bits of modern architecture from Windkeeper were essential, but now EA have made their own and it's easily recolourable.

The only thing happening on TSR that is unique is Cyclone Sue's industrial stuff, and I don't have scenaria in my game that can use it.

Oddly enough, since I have really turned against the concept of pay content, I have actually also gone off the objects concerned too!

Our lil friend must be stopped.
cleveralias
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 12, 14:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wish they would investigate him, too. He's the bad apple that's ruining TSR. TSR isn't the first site he's gotten ahold of and ruined, either. He and his family own ibibi corporation, and at one time they had as many as 20-odd gaming sites, and guess what? Tanked them all.

He is a huuuuuuge asshole. It's quite freeing to say that. I've been wanting to for a long time.

He does indeed operate like a petty thug: if you have any interaction with him at all it's quite obvious he doesn't give a damn about anything but the Almighty Dollar.

And Windkeeper is in his pocket. After all, she's his cash cow.

Why he thinks he can sneak around and commit crimes and act like a greedy bastard without people TALKING ABOUT HIS BEHAVIOR is beyond me. I mean, really. How out of touch with reality do you have to be to expect to get by with behavior like that? His greed completely blinds him, and that blindness is the reason for his repeated failures. Just a matter of time until his next one, from the looks of things.

Quote from: "redisenchanted"

I really wish EA would investigate ole Thomas. I think he's making a LOT of money off their copyrighted materials. He's like some petty mafioso, taking a cut, gobbling up good sites and mixing them with his giant pile of crap.  :roll: Makes me sick too.

I think he's probably running around to other forums making sure all mention of this site is completely censored. He was happy to let Rose take all the heat for the paypal thing too.

What a piece of work! And Windkeeper makes great stuff, but sounds like she's just as bad.  :evil:
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 12, 16:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys most likely don't frequent TSR but I check in every day just to see what nonsense is up. Another new FA added to the heap. Forwardmotion now.

And, there's a news article up today that they gutted the ratings system and just went to a thank you thing. I lost my silver status and the kudos to go with it and now all my items I downloaded are gone as well. Guess it's not needed since we can't rate any more. I sort of used it to keep track of what I hadn't tested in my game though. Or compare a Photoshopped image on TSR to the piece of crap that got put into my game.

I always got fair ratings and was once at gold status, but eventually went silver. I was still happy. I like silver better than gold anyway.  Cheesy  But... I also get thanked a million times over in my guestbook so I never felt I wasn't appreciated. But then again, I really don't give a shit what other people think of my stuff. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I choose whether or not to accept it.

I dunno, I think it was another stupid move for TSR. At least, as a creator I feel that way. Just makes me want to get my own site up faster. Don't worry, it will all be free. Well, unless I need to upgrade my computer or need a kidney transplant. Then I'll have to make it donation.  :lol:
Surelyfunke
Pirate

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #37 on: 2006 December 12, 16:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, we know about Forward Motion. To celebrate my seething rage, I pillaged everything that is up for grabs. Coming soon to a Booty near you.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #38 on: 2006 December 12, 16:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:  I figured you all knew. Somebody has to keep an eye on that site, as much as you don't like it. It really is going downhill fast.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #39 on: 2006 December 12, 17:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the way in the comments, the first few were of the 'WOW THIS IS GRET THANX!! *icon spam*', then the murmurs of dissent started to creep in...

I also noticed Thomas said this:

Bare with us, this is the first change of many.

Like....fuck's sake. It would REALLY be in their best interests to quit messing with it. Almost every 'change' they've made recently have had rather a lot of complaints...There was really nothing very wrong with it in the first place, before they started making all these changes...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #40 on: 2006 December 12, 17:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EXACTLY! It wasn't broke! Don't touch it guys! Jeepers.

I've given Thomas my 2 cents on every change. I'm usually not in favor of any of them. I can't see how they make TSR better. It wasn't bad to begin with and just because some people whined doesn't justify a change for the many.

And yeah... that ONE of MANY gets me. How much more are they going to screw up the site and piss more people off? And he's bitching subscriptions are going down? Not only do the standards for CC need to go up and all that crap weeded out but he needs to stop messing with things.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #41 on: 2006 December 12, 17:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"

I also noticed Thomas said this:

Bare with us, this is the first change of many.

Sounds kinky, where's my handbag?  :lol:
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #42 on: 2006 December 13, 01:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well thomas deleted all the comments on the news thing before i could even go look at it, and moved all his comments to the forum thread about it.
He keeps leaving these shitty ass comments basically telling people if they post anything negative it will be deleted again--telling people theyve been warned for going OT when all they were talking about was the new "changes". I guess on-topic means asskissing to him. Anyways...then he says that if alot of people complain then they'll know somethings wrong and needs fixing.

wtf? "tell us you dont like it and we will delete your comment, and if we delete alot of comments we'll think about maybe fixing something"

edited to make more sense
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #43 on: 2006 December 13, 01:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know. He can't take criticism. He must have low self-esteem.  :lol:

Yeah, the comments from the news article got nuked and he didn't bother including any of them in the new thread, as certain posters pointed out. And they pointed out it was improper of him and then he returned fire with a threat and deleted posts. Jerk.

Yeah, complain and we'll delete your post. Oh, but if our FAs bitch about something we'll listen and change the site accordingly, even if only one person bitches. If they're high enough, he'll jump.

I was "lucky" enough to be part of the initial attack when the new article came out so I got to read all the good stuff. Valid concerns. The changes aren't fair nor do I think they will even the playing field as the FAs decided to pipe in and state. Yeah, you guessed it, Windkeeper had to say her piece.
wyrdwing
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #44 on: 2006 December 13, 01:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
:It really is going downhill fast.

It's a vertical hill I presume.  :lol:
TSR is a time bomb just waiting to go off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: