PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:32:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 596491 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #660 on: 2008 June 18, 10:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone that gets mad at anyone else is going to do bad things to that person, regardless of who they are. That's just human nature. So if Anita got angry and did something to me, it wouldn't be that shocking.
Yelling? Fine. Gossip? Fine. Utter destructon? LUNACY.

Well, you have acces to any information you may need. You're not an idiot.
If you think the behaviour Atwa has shown against other people she dislikes is normal and human nature, then you have an awfully dark look on things...
besides the childish things she has done like joke about brain tumors and gossip here and there, she has slandered people, ruined friendships by playing groups out against eachother and effectively isolated people who made choices she didn't personally like. You can ask your buddy Aikea.

Also, I wonder what your role was in that whole 'Truth' thing. You linked to it in your profile, effectively trying to destroy a giant free site. Are you even worth the time?
« Last Edit: 2008 June 18, 10:56:40 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: 2008 June 18, 10:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but the only problem I have with this whole ordeal, is that people take meshes that other's work hard on, and claim they made them, then get credit. There's nothing really fair or positive about that no matter how many times you colmb over it.

Of course, there's nothing fair with texturing either... because whether you get them offline, or take the pictures yourself, someone else still made them.

correct! this is basically what Atwat and a lot of other FA/paysiters do. For example, they take a bed mesh made by Maxis, open it in milkshape and then they move a few bars on the headboard, then they open the texture, copy and paste a random picture on the bedding and hey presto all rights to the bed have became theirs, they claim they made it from the 'ground up', they sell it to the community, (without credit to the person who actually spent weeks creating the mesh they just altered or the artist who drew or photographed the texture) and then they expect to be worshipped as the god of all creators. of course a lot of freesiters also do this, the difference being, freesiters understand you cannot sell or claim any copywrite on someone elses work. I'm sure that IRL I couldn't sell a chanel dress as my own design/creation, even if I did go to the trouble of sewing an extra pocket on it and adding my own label.

Atwat isn't just panned here for her craptastic taste and colour blindness, it's her whole attitude, as a creator she may be poor at best, but as a person she's a vile, egotistical, manipulative control freak, who will lie and back stab anyone. Naturally you don't see that in her yet, because she's oh so nice, and had such a hard time with those evil pirates. (who she can't seem to keep away from Roll Eyes )  but if you're naive enough to think the many, many people in the community (both paysite and free) who have fell on the wrong side of her are all lying or even jealous of her then you're in for a fall when you have outlived your use. I'm sure most of her former friends here would agree she can be very convincing, you really do feel she's a nice person until it's too late. Do yourself a favor, go through all your old PMs/mails/IM's and make a list of all the people this nice person has said nasty things about, then make a list of everyone she has complemented. You won't want to admit it, especially here, but one list will be a lot longer than the other.

If you have been stupid enough to let her do any work at all on your site, you're gonna have an uphill struggle explaining to her that she doesn't own the copywrite to it  Roll Eyes  I find it really hard to believe that she would help in any way to create a freesite. She's already spreading her claim to your site, so unless you want it turning pay with scarabs and ancient egyptian photobooths as far as the eye can see, you should really have a long chat with her. Tomass let her help him by passing on info, the next minute she's telling everyone she runs TSR and picks out all the FA's and SA's, so take heed and learn from his mistake.

ETA: meshing isn't that difficult, I made my very first 2 meshes yesterday, my first attempt and I made 2! now the hard thing is gonna be the textures.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2008 June 18, 11:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But isn't your goal here to kinda make people 'aware' of this... as in... before they go pay? I didn't know anything about TSR being a bad site... or any paysites being eeevil. I'm not the all-knowing teen guru of paysite-dom.

And the post in my blog was kind of late. By then, everyone was already pissed off at me, and what was I supposed to do? I didn't know that part of the community existed. How can I google something I know nothing about? Before, I was only concearned with playing my game, like a 16 year old should have been. I had turned 17 when I actually started creating things. Now, I'm going to be 20 in four months... and I still... play... this game...  Embarrassed

A dark look on things eh? Well... lets see.. black hair... black clothes... hmm... me? gothic? dark? naaah... everyone is capable of being an utter ass.

The only help Anita really gave me on the site was telling me if things were showing up, if tiles matched, if frames were correct... Aikea did all of the extreamely helpful work. Now she is a genius.  Shocked

And I still don't get why you think Anita is my partner for the site. I plainly told you she wasn't. She's just another person I talk to. Whoopty doo. Don't know why it's such a big deal that I talk to a few people. Like I said... it's not like we're eloping to the Bahamas and popping out kids.  Undecided
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2008 June 18, 11:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But isn't your goal here to kinda make people 'aware' of this... as in... before they go pay?

If you have a look around this forum, you will find that within threads regarding new paysites there is at least one person who contacts them with information how to remain free, and this is often sucessful. This issue is widely known, and generally people do know about it before they go pay. Those do not are often give some helpful advice about this - thats all we can really do.

IAnd I still don't get why you think Anita is my partner for the site. I plainly told you she wasn't. She's just another person I talk to.

Atwa told someone she was a partner on your site, and this was told to Coconut who posted it a couple of pages back. Therefore it is what Atwa has apparently said, so we are not exactly thinking this completely at random. That is why we are unsure to it and are asking you about it

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2008 June 18, 11:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, and understand. Since I'm the source, you can believe what I say. She's not my partner. That's all I really came here to say, besides that the site was going to be free. Didn't really want to get into all of this other stuff.

I think I might go to bed now anyway... I have to go to work in a couple hours and I feel like a zombie souped up on crack screaming "braaaains! give me braaaaains!" *snores*

Well, anyway I hope I did clear up a couple things. Goodnight and best wishes to all.  Smiley
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2008 June 18, 11:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A dark look on things eh? Well... lets see.. black hair... black clothes... hmm... me? gothic? dark? naaah... everyone is capable of being an utter ass.

Lol @ cliche applied to self.
Yes, she is capable of being an utter ass. But she was/is also in a position at a website where she carries/carried alot of responsibility, where people were dependant on her. She abused that position to do what she did. She didn't do it once, but she did it continuesly. That's more than being an utter ass in my opinion.
Anyway, use protection. Wink

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: 2008 June 18, 11:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But isn't your goal here to kinda make people 'aware' of this... as in... before they go pay? I didn't know anything about TSR being a bad site... or any paysites being eeevil. I'm not the all-knowing teen guru of paysite-dom.

Yes - and that's what we do.  What you're asking is for people to come to your house and enter the keyword in google for you.  We don't do that because the next argument would be "you're harassing people".

You were sufficiently aware of S2C to make a post in the debate room concerning the featured policy at MTS2, and there was a giant section called "The Great Paysites Debate" - kinda hard to miss.  Not to mention that IIRC, RainCandy is/was your girlfriend, and she was fully aware of it.

Plus, you know, there's logic - you belonged to a giant freesite with freesite policies.

And yes, he was the one (it's still there by the way as of a couple of days ago) to post the link to the Delphy bullcrap.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2008 June 18, 12:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. So absolutely no reason to believe he would be this naive.
There's a good chance he was nudged in this direction by certain people.

Inactive
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2008 June 18, 16:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes - and that's what we do.  What you're asking is for people to come to your house and enter the keyword in google for you.  We don't do that because the next argument would be "you're harassing people".
Or one could, you know, read the EULA on the game you purchased and fired up. No excuses, there.

For the record, as a sucktastic creator I haven't tried meshing. I'm scared. I really need to, as I did see a tutorial which was very much on my level recently and I want to work on the dearth of male hairs and clothing. Texturing? Eh. I'm good at doing a simple one-tone recolor or creating and slapping logos on things. I do that a lot. Object retexturing tends to be beyond me, as most of the texture files are gobbled up...bits here and there, and I can't follow the flow.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2008 June 18, 17:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone that gets mad at anyone else is going to do bad things to that person, regardless of who they are. That's just human nature. So if Anita got angry and did something to me, it wouldn't be that shocking. Everyone has done it / is capable of it. I don't really let crap like that get to me anyways.

I'm sorry, I don't agree with that at all.  If I am upset with a person that does not give me the right to do horrible and say things to him/her and effectively try to destroy that person.  What if I was wrong?  What if it was a misunderstanding or mistaken identity?  Wouldn't it make more sense to try to talk to the person you're upset with and resolve the issue maturely before doing something you can't take back?

I'd imagine you would be surprised/shocked if you had perceivably done nothing wrong and she attacked you!  Unfortunately this has been a reality for most of her victims.  She doesn't need proof to turn on you.  All she needs is a thought.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2008 June 18, 18:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree with MissA.
Most of the time it's just misunderstanding, or even plain irony you failed to see. NEVER click on the "Reply" button immediatly, give it time, re-read it and suddenly it won't be aggressivity or personnal attack anymore. If only flaming trolls applied that, life would be easier. Life is way too short to be ranting for a mere post. Trolls, heed that! Especially if english isn't your prime language!

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2008 June 18, 19:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize Anita has done things that nobody here agrees with, and that I should have paid more attention around the forums... but like I said, at the time I was concerned with the game itself and didn't care less about the rest of it. Still don't in my own weird way.  Undecided

And about the post with Delphy... I had heard that from someone (and no it wasn't Lyric, contrary to belief, I didn't even know her at the time) and I got very freaked out over it. Of course, when anyone hears the word pedophile they're likely to cringe. After I heard Delphy's side though, and got more informed, my opinion changed about that. It simply just freaked me out to hear it at first. That's all there really is to it.

missangelica, then you are one of the better people in this world, but even I have trouble fighting fire with sugar, sunshine, kisses and butterflies. Sometimes I like to use a mace, land mines, super glue and a pit of snakes.  Smiley

I do appreciate the warnings about her, but let me find out for myself. I'm stubborn, so if it's true, then naturally I will have to learn this the hard way. If she turns on me, I guess I'll just join the crowd over here eh? Buy myself a pirate hat, say Arr! and drink imaginary rum until I'm green in the face. If I catch scurvy, then aparently I did something wrong. lol

Like I said before though, it's not like we're best friends or something. I barely talk to her really. We've talked on msn like maybe 4 times...  and most of it hasn't even been about any of this.  Huh

Dr House, I agree... most people take things as insults a little to quickly, which is why I didn't jump all up in here like RAWR! DIE!  Wink It takes alot to actually offend / piss me off. I'm fairly mellow and optomistic. I try to see good in everything. It's a curse.
BobbinRobbin
Landlubber

I yam wots I yam, an' dats all wot I yam.

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2008 June 18, 20:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, said, Shey.

At the very least, tho, have a nice LOOONG chat with her about why she is running around claiming your site, and saying things about it that give the wrong impression. Cause, she's been doing that ALL OVER the place. Small wonder we got the wrong idea about it!!  We're probably not the only ones!!!  Roll Eyes

***on second thought, might not be a good idea....she might just lie and say, who, me? But assuredly she IS doing this. Just visit other sites and mention yours.

Edit: Added last bit

I be colage edjamacated.
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #673 on: 2008 June 18, 20:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I don't agree with that at all.  If I am upset with a person that does not give me the right to do horrible and say things to him/her and effectively try to destroy that person.  What if I was wrong?  What if it was a misunderstanding or mistaken identity?  Wouldn't it make more sense to try to talk to the person you're upset with and resolve the issue maturely before doing something you can't take back?

I'd imagine you would be surprised/shocked if you had perceivably done nothing wrong and she attacked you!  Unfortunately this has been a reality for most of her victims.  She doesn't need proof to turn on you.  All she needs is a thought.

Absolutely, 100% on the money right there!!! 

I realize Anita has done things that nobody here agrees with, and that I should have paid more attention around the forums... but like I said, at the time I was concerned with the game itself and didn't care less about the rest of it. Still don't in my own weird way.  Undecided
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do appreciate the warnings about her, but let me find out for myself. I'm stubborn, so if it's true, then naturally I will have to learn this the hard way. If she turns on me, I guess I'll just join the crowd over here eh? Buy myself a pirate hat, say Arr! and drink imaginary rum until I'm green in the face. If I catch scurvy, then aparently I did something wrong. lol

Hey Sunshine, I think the things she has done are more than disagreeable...they have been dispicable, they have been hurtful and they have been downright evil.  And if  you want to find out about them yourself...well you go right ahead...when she sees you reading about all these "made up lies" about her...it may be sooner for you than you thought...and being mellow and optimistic won't make it any better...

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2008 June 18, 21:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she turns on me, I guess I'll just join the crowd over here eh? Buy myself a pirate hat, say Arr! and drink imaginary rum until I'm green in the face.

Imaginary? * hic *

Quote from: Sheyza
We've talked on msn like maybe 4 times...  and most of it hasn't even been about any of this.  Huh

Please, please, pleeeease tell me she was giving you relationship advice and recipes. Now that would make my week. -  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: