PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:59:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 592848 times)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #75 on: 2008 March 08, 14:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, don't knock the 1970's! I was born then! Grin

It wouldn't have happened to be on a Green Shag Carpet would it? Tongue Sorry, i couldnt resist Cheesy

I grew up in the 70's, Bell Bottoms & The Partridge Family Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 March 08, 14:40:44 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 March 08, 15:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first house my husband and I bought was decorated in the '70's, and we couldn't afford to redo it.  We lived for years with puke green carpet wall to wall--not just puke green, but also with that horrid scalloped texture that just screamed UGLY. Grin

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2008 March 08, 15:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We had orange shag carpet at my house - and a tinsel tree in silver and green.  I still have an obsession with lava lamps and those full Indian skirts thanks to my childhood.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
RedSeawench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 March 08, 16:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first and only home we bought had wall to wall mirrors in the hallway with some kind of marble effect throughout....fugly!
we also had an avocado green shag carpet,the same as my mothers,only she raked hers Shocked needless to say those were the first things to be replaced,now were saving up to remove the  linolium and replace it with hardwood floors
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 March 08, 16:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We had orange shag carpet at my house - and a tinsel tree in silver and green.  I still have an obsession with lava lamps and those full Indian skirts thanks to my childhood.  Cheesy

So did we! I remember helping my mom rake the silly thing.  I still like avacado green. I'd love to redo my kitchen in that, but hubby hates it. I still wear peasant style clothes and love lava lamps. I dumped the skintight hip-huggers though. Grin
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 March 08, 17:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, the seventies... We had orange shag carpet in the living room and the walls were painted avocado green with heavy fiberglass drapes also in orange. The furniture was also green. The kitchen carried over the same theme, but the floors were a nice neutral tile but the cabinets were painted that violent orange. I know that it was orange because it was painted in one of the few shades of that colour that I can distinguish from red... Borderline red/orange colour blind here... The bedrooms were painted in avocado green but the curtains were a darker shade, so we at least escaped the orange... And you people wonder what all played a part in making me so nuts!

The basement is where we kids liked to hang out, the floor was multi-coloured tile and the furniture was a nice shade of deep rose and the walls were white. The tv was also downstairs, so it was all good! Later on, we got carpet but it wasn't shag and it wasn't orange, thank God. It was this sculpted stuff with little picture type thingies in it. Roses on a green back ground, I think it was. The rec room was the only one that had that, though, and after our basement flooded one spring I was relieved of that thing... The seventies, when you could unhinge a child's brain with horribly clashing colours and patterns, and if not totally unhinge it, make it a little more odd than normal.  Grin  Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2008 March 08, 17:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dad has this ugly green shag carpet STILL. He refuses to get rid of it and the thing has tentacles. It practically grabs on to your feet while you are walking. My dogs have battles with the thing every time they are allowed to go into the house. Pretty funny actually.   

WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 March 08, 18:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Oh yes well I remember the 70's. My bitch of a step-mother did the decorating. My bedroom was enough  to give an infant nightmares, yellow and orange flowered wallpaper. with a bedspread to match. It was ghastly to say the least. Our  rec room, purple carpet, one red chair, and some fugly brown patterened type couch and chair. Last I saw of that room, it was also that horrid brown panelling.
This woman never hear of colour schemes. Not one room in that house had any kind of coherent thought put into the decorating. If she saw something she liked, she bought it, and the colours she mixed were unbelievable. The red and orange combination was also prevalent in the living room. Needless to say, I spent whatever time I could at my Aunt's house. She didn't have the money to follow trends, so her house was tastefully decorated with a lot of the original wood kept in mint condition. No colour clashing there, at least my Aunt with very little money had good taste, unlike my step-mom who had access to all my dad's money, and couldn't find her way around a colour palette.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2008 March 08, 18:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still wear peasant style clothes and love lava lamps. I dumped the skintight hip-huggers though. Grin

Yes - and it all came back in fashion a year or so ago, and I bought up big.  Cheesy

Ahhh, the seventies... We had orange shag carpet in the living room and the walls were painted avocado green with heavy fiberglass drapes also in orange.

Ah - I remember fibreglass drapes - god they hurt if you touched them - or at least that's what I remember - the prickleyness.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 March 08, 18:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those things were the worst and the bane of my existence when I was learning to walk and tried to use them to hold onto! The only thing they were good for aside from looking like total hell was insulating a wee bit and keeping the room darkened so you didn't have to take in the full effect of orange and green clashing like giants fighting over the last chocolate in the box... The only way we finally got rid of the horrid things was when my sister had a spider monkey and it got loose one day and skinnied up those things, walked along the curtain rod and crapped down the whole length of them, then dropped an apple on my dad's head. Dad shot up out of his recliner and yanked those things down along with the monkey which landed on my sister's shoulder looking very pleased. The drapes got shoved into a trash bag and that very day he went out and bought regular soft, white drapes. The monkey, needless to say, found a new home and our drapes stayed in place for many years until they fell apart when another sister bleached them beyond what they could take and fell apart...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Rebbie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 March 08, 19:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When we first moved into this house, there was avocado-brownish wood panelling in the family room, gold carpet (not shag, mind you), and fuzzy, foily wall paper. Fuzzy. Wallpaper. It was in the downstairs bathroom (gold with fuzzy red flowers), the downstairs hallway (same stuff as in the bathroom), and the dining room (gold with fuzzy pink flowers). And their were gold-colored velvet curtains in the living room. I think the living room had fuzzy wallpaper, but I'm not sure. It's been so long since it was redone.

I wonder how much that wallpaper originally cost. We tore that shit down the first chance we got.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 March 08, 20:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my aunts old house, she had blue shag carpet for the boys room and hot pink for the girls room. The blue looked like someone had slaughtered Cookie Monster...
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 March 08, 21:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, if you want to see someone in denial about the 70's being over you have only to look at my father's vinyl kitchen wallpaper.  It is hideous and after he redid the
counter tops and put in an island bar I thought he would get rid of it but noooo. He says it will be up till the day he dies and then if I take it down he will haunt me.
I will risk the ghost. Tongue
Exhibit A

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 March 08, 21:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Oh yes well I remember the 70's. My bitch of a step-mother did the decorating.
This woman never hear of colour schemes. Not one room in that house had any kind of coherent thought put into the decorating. If she saw something she liked, she bought it, and the colours she mixed were unbelievable. The red and orange combination was also prevalent in the living room.

???are you saying that your step-mother is..........ATWAT Huh    Shocked
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 March 08, 22:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, if you want to see someone in denial about the 70's being over you have only to look at my father's vinyl kitchen wallpaper.  It is hideous and after he redid the
counter tops and put in an island bar I thought he would get rid of it but noooo. He says it will be up till the day he dies and then if I take it down he will haunt me.
I will risk the ghost. Tongue
Exhibit A

two words............holyyyyyyyyy shit   Lips sealed
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: