PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:23:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 592978 times)
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #1245 on: 2008 August 03, 16:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe they all raided the booty. She called them pirate shitheads, and they disowned her.

Well that's what I like to think...
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1246 on: 2008 August 03, 16:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She called them pirate shitheads, and they disowned her.
That's really mean.

(But I laughed out loud so maybe I'm mean too)

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1247 on: 2008 August 03, 16:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coconut dear... can you clear your mailbox?  I haz to talk to you

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 2008 August 03, 16:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anita's recent rantings do not look like the behavior of a healthy woman.

To me, she seems like a spoiled and self-centered adult who's prone to explosive tantrums when she isn't getting her way.

She really needs to get help, hasn't she any family to look out for her?

Don't know. But she has Thomass and his unconditional support. What more could a manipulative twat need?

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: 2008 August 03, 17:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm...drama Cheesy

I see Simtomatic is still listed as FA and has pay creations. Am presuming that Thomas and co have decided to lock her account and pretend she is still there*, as this is what they normally do. If that is the case then Simtomatic should post elsewhere in plain site (so NaturalSims) that she no longer wishes to be FA and wants her items to be free - it will get posted at TSR and Thomas will have to stop pretending. This is what was done with Aikea and Gelydh.

*Although, the GB entry by Cyclonsue shows otherwise...who has also been commenting on other GBs and issues posted in this thread. I wonder if this is a hint that she will leave TSR soon..

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

coconut
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1250 on: 2008 August 03, 19:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have mentioned it was Steve who locked all Anitas accounts, They are still locked despite Toms pleas.

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 2008 August 03, 19:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have mentioned it was Steve who locked all Anitas accounts, They are still locked despite Toms pleas.

Go Steve (the lesser of two evils)!

I said in KOL clan chat last night that I'm surprised Thoma$$ hasn't tried to burn down tsr instead of continuing to deal with Atwat.  I personally would just be so fed up by now.  I don't think the money is worth all the turmoil she's making him and everyone else go through.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: 2008 August 03, 19:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go on Steve! Seriously, he should kick the both of them to the kirb! I suspect it might have more to do with business then personal life in regards to Atwat's hold on Toma$$ - if she lets rip I think Steve could blow his top off!

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1253 on: 2008 August 03, 20:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this.  This is a really important bit of information and combined with what Aikea posted, gives a fairly clear picture of what is going on behind the scenes.  This is what I see anyway:

• Anita has been running things as she sees fit, up to and including choosing SA's, helping choose FA's, and the now exposed raffle draws
  • Because of her power grabs, she has made enemies with many of the FA's, SA's and with the mods-both on the site and on the forums
  • Many extremely talented SA's and FA's have left directly due to the way anita has treated them whenever she feels the least threatened-even if that threat is in her own mind. This has resulted in at least two sites that are in direct competition to TSR and they are free.
  • In response to her bad press, she was forced to resign as FA, and eventually step down as SA AM
  • Publically, she let the Atwa persona drop and became Beasims, with the promise of regaining her old status
  • Somewhere in here, Tug finally banned her (as Atwa) from the forums and was forced by thomas to reinstate her
  • Beasims was exposed and she became yet another screen name with the same promise as above, which was also exposed
  • She created a possible one or two more personas that went on a rampage around the forum in people's guestbooks
  • She has some kind of hold on thomas, either personal or professional, that keeps him from canning her and allows her to continue to try to become the second in command at TSR
  • Steve finally took steps to lock down all her personas and will not budge

So, this basically tells us that anita has got the entire site against her with the exception of Thomas and possibly one or two FA's that she has not managed to alienate.  Yet.  This also tells us that thomas's partners are beginning to become fed up with her increasingly unhinged behavior, as I am sure Steve is not alone in his disgust.  The mods and steve are now at odds with thomas and that could, indeed, spell serious trouble at TSR.  I would like to see what Per thinks of this whole thing.  One fairly insignificant creator has managed almost single-handedly to drive away some of the best talent TSR has, drive a wedge into a partnership that has existed for years, possibly expose them to raffle fraud and cause MORE, not less pirates to migrate to PMBD.  All in all, anita has been the best thing to ever happen to PMBD. 

I am impressed.  I say we make anita an honorary pirate.  She has done much for the cause.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1254 on: 2008 August 03, 21:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this.  This is a really important bit of information and combined with what Aikea posted, gives a fairly clear picture of what is going on behind the scenes.  This is what I see anyway:

• Anita has been running things as she sees fit, up to and including choosing SA's, helping choose FA's, and the now exposed raffle draws
  • Because of her power grabs, she has made enemies with many of the FA's, SA's and with the mods-both on the site and on the forums
  • Many extremely talented SA's and FA's have left directly due to the way anita has treated them whenever she feels the least threatened-even if that threat is in her own mind. This has resulted in at least two sites that are in direct competition to TSR and they are free.
  • In response to her bad press, she was forced to resign as FA, and eventually step down as SA AM
  • Publically, she let the Atwa persona drop and became Beasims, with the promise of regaining her old status
  • Somewhere in here, Tug finally banned her (as Atwa) from the forums and was forced by thomas to reinstate her
  • Beasims was exposed and she became yet another screen name with the same promise as above, which was also exposed
  • She created a possible one or two more personas that went on a rampage around the forum in people's guestbooks
  • She has some kind of hold on thomas, either personal or professional, that keeps him from canning her and allows her to continue to try to become the second in command at TSR
  • Steve finally took steps to lock down all her personas and will not budge

So, this basically tells us that anita has got the entire site against her with the exception of Thomas and possibly one or two FA's that she has not managed to alienate.  Yet.  This also tells us that thomas's partners are beginning to become fed up with her increasingly unhinged behavior, as I am sure Steve is not alone in his disgust.  The mods and steve are now at odds with thomas and that could, indeed, spell serious trouble at TSR.  I would like to see what Per thinks of this whole thing.  One fairly insignificant creator has managed almost single-handedly to drive away some of the best talent TSR has, drive a wedge into a partnership that has existed for years, possibly expose them to raffle fraud and cause MORE, not less pirates to migrate to PMBD.  All in all, anita has been the best thing to ever happen to PMBD. 

I am impressed.  I say we make anita an honorary pirate.  She has done much for the cause.

A great summary, Tomato. But an honorary pirate? Um.... how about we just tie her to the masthead and let the enemy use her for target practice? (Oh oh! We can send her quail hunting with Dick Cheney!) But I digress.

Regarding Simtomatic: I was under the impression that she put in her resignation on Friday; was there nothing on her guestbook to signal her goodbyes? (BTW: We'll be keeping Simtomatic's stuff available in the booty until she's got it all released at Natural Sims. If Thomas 'frees' her, we'll move her stuff to retired artists until Natural's got her covered.)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1255 on: 2008 August 03, 21:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're working on it Hec  Grin Grin

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1256 on: 2008 August 03, 21:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A great summary, Tomato. But an honorary pirate? Um.... how about we just tie her to the masthead and let the enemy use her for target practice? (Oh oh! We can send her quail hunting with Dick Cheney!) But I digress.

Tie her to the masthead sounds good.  You know, the thing is, many people who were either neutral about the paysite debate or were pro-tsr (including many of the SA's that now come here and I was one of those neutrals) are now more active directly because of anita's actions.  I find that ironically funny or funnily ironic.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
River
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 2008 August 03, 22:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ran out of popcorn, and was searching for more rum, when I came across this cute little site,

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/WLAW/anagram.html

Anagram Maker. Well, I couldn't help myself. I typed in "The Sims Resource". Guess what it shot back to me?

"Cheesiest Rumors".......I hit the floor laughing..... Cheesy

"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C. Clarke 

See my Dragon babies HERE!
aikea_guinea
Landlubber

down down down

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1258 on: 2008 August 03, 22:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tomato mentioning Per reminded me of an email I got from Thomas back when Anita was originally 'fired.'

I know you have some concerns about Anita's post in the Sa forum. For those on the inside (read us) it's easy to see this is her attempt to avoid loosing face alltogether and to cover her shame from being demoted. Considering what she's been going through this past week (not to mention me and Per) I ask that we all just let it be. Let is pass and let her have faith in a future promotion that may or may not come. I have no immediate plans to promote her back to FA in any near future - if ever. But at least it gave her something to hold on to.
(Bolding is mine.)

I wondered at the time, and still do now, what exactly it was they were 'going through' during the time when I was bringing forth complaints about Anita's behavior.  Based on other things I've heard, it makes me wonder even more about what Anita has over these guys.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 2008 August 03, 23:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so excited! I've been away for the weekend in Indiana and haven't seen this thread for 10 whole pages. I'm catching up...hope the drama was/is good!

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: