PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:52:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Pirates are the greatest!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pirates are the greatest!  (Read 36758 times)
mando
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Pirates are the greatest!
« Reply #135 on: 2008 February 21, 01:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit button is your friend. Luckily you can delete posts on this forum so your double post won't be locked in for eternity for everyone to poke and laugh at.

I just realized something. America's the only one to celebrate black history month, hmm? Tongue

Not so, Nii. Canada celebrates it as well (unless you meant "North America" by "America" at which point that may well be so Wink). http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/multi/black-noir/index_e.cfm
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2008 February 21, 02:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh rly?! I meant America by the US. I never knew that. Tongue Mando you're so full of knowledge. Sometimes I think you are just a talking encyclopedia.

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 February 21, 03:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My school has made no mention of it, but the only social studies class I am in is psychology.  They might be talking about it in other classes that I am not taking.  I mostly attribute the lack of discussion to the fact that there is, perhaps, all of five or six black people in my school the city town.  And all of four or five Asians.  Two of whom are my brother and I, though technically we're only half.  (But there was no "mixed" option and I hate the "other" option since I am not an alien.)  I'm not sure if the exchange students from Asia are still around (I don't think they are).  I can't wait to move again after I graduate.  Tongue  (Only lived here for about two years.)
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 February 21, 06:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always check "other" or "Native American" because I'm an ass. And my parents and grandparents on both sides were born in America* so technically it's true.

*not the U.S. for all of them... my paternal great grandparents moved here with grandpa when he was a baby. They were political refugees! Take that, Canada!  Cheesy 
er... how do you become a political refugee in Canada, by the way? I've always known Canadians to be really tolerant people...

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2008 February 21, 10:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We don't have "black history month" - we have other Indigenous thingies going on.  Like NAIDOC week, and stuff like the MABO day celebrations.  Plus, for the first time this ever, just a week or so ago we had Indigenous dances for opening the parliament (followed closely the day after by an apology to Indigenous Australians for the "Stolen Generation" policies and the impact of "White Australia" policies).

But no one can kick New Zealand's arse - they actually have all their parliamentary documents in English AND Maori. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 February 21, 10:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A friend of mine married a Maori girl. He lives in constant fear of being killed and eaten.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 2008 February 21, 10:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A friend of mine married a Maori girl. He lives in constant fear of being killed and eaten.

As he should - but he should feel lucky that he didn't marry a Samoan. Samoans tend to be the most solid Islanders you can have the misfortune to bump into accidentally on the street.  I have some Maori heritage, and am no weakling, but bumping into a Samoan is like walking into a side of beef - they are so damn muscley.

There are a lot of Samoan bouncers here, and when they throw you out, you stay thrown.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 February 21, 10:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here in So. Cali. there are a lot of Samoan bouncers. If I owned a bar I would have one also.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2008 February 21, 12:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if the exchange students from Asia are still around (I don't think they are).  I can't wait to move again after I graduate.  Tongue  (Only lived here for about two years.)

If it makes you feel any better, I had an exchange student that requested "rural" area, so she was placed in a Rural Part of Virginia.  She is the only Asian person in the entire tri-county area. 
They let the schools out for Martin Luther King day, but still refer to it as Lee Jackson King Day. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 February 21, 18:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mando you're so full of knowledge. Sometimes I think you are just a talking encyclopedia.

It's because she's a big brain in a jar on a desk somewhere in Canada. Wink

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 February 21, 19:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's because she's a big brain in a jar on a desk somewhere in Canada. Wink

Exactly so, Alia!  Grin
The lovely old man who reads to me does his best to bring a vast array of materials so that my time in my jar is not wasted. I think he's been a little sick this week though, as he has spent the last 2 days only reading Hardy Boys mysteries that his grandchildren had left at his house.

*not the U.S. for all of them... my paternal great grandparents moved here with grandpa when he was a baby. They were political refugees! Take that, Canada!  Cheesy 
er... how do you become a political refugee in Canada, by the way? I've always known Canadians to be really tolerant people...

A political refugee in Canada? Not so strange. A political refugee from Canada? Now, that is definitely more unusual. Grin Were your grandparents refused entry to Canada? Or was it that they applied and were accepted in the US? Or both? (I'm confused, heh)

In order to understand the why, you'd need to know the time period and the political/social situation when this occured, which simply means that at the moment I have absolutely no clue. As I am a brain in a jar on a desk and cannot travel outside without my specially constructed wheelbarrow I had some time to find some links for you though:

Wikipedia: Immigration to Canada
The Canadian Encyclopedia: Refugees
The Canadian Council for Refugees
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 February 21, 21:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They lived in Canada and snuck across the border to the US in the dead of night. I'm guessing it'd have been the late 20s, early 30s... thanks for the links, I shall go read up on it!

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 February 21, 21:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They lived in Canada and snuck across the border to the US in the dead of night. I'm guessing it'd have been the late 20s, early 30s... thanks for the links, I shall go read up on it!

Ah, I see. There sounds like there is an interesting story there, but I'm not sure how much the links I've given will help. If your grandparents are still around though, you might want to ask them for some specifics; the devil is in the details, right? Grin
Jelenedra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 February 21, 23:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a bit of unrelated triva:

Toa, one of the new american gladiators is part Samoan. He's the hawtest, imo. He is also Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's cousin.

Now, Samoa Joe the TNA wrestler.... not samoan at all.

The problem with eating and driving, which I love to do, is not being able to employ the 10-2 hand position on the wheel. It's a matter of public safety. But there's always a sacrifice.
Valerie
Landlubber

Lurking Duck

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008 February 22, 23:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kay, You maybe could have looked more into the threads and found yourself a http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,1291.0.html
booty shopping list. Thats were all the requests go BUT you can't request about TSR becausee people are trying to update as much as they can. So be patient!

The lurking duck, i will lurk you.
Easy Money - minimum cashout $2.00
Click on the Cashlagoon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: