PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:24:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Alice Fashion -- Dead/News
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Alice Fashion -- Dead/News  (Read 32924 times)
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Alice Fashion -- Dead/News
« Reply #105 on: 2008 February 13, 11:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put online free skins for now, that I can each day.

Then, I'll add skins who was in donation sets. They will be added with other free skins. So, they will be free

I apologize.  I misunderstood what you were saying. Yay! for going free.  Grin

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2008 February 13, 13:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that is exiting!  I am also glad to hear you will be releasing all of your files for free.  I love to appreciate a creator that spends time making quality downloads, and then puts them up for everyone to have, no strings attached.   Smiley

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2008 February 13, 14:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congratulations for being LIBERATED! We're so glad you've decided to set all your items free!

And...welcome to the Phorum.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2008 February 13, 14:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful news.  Grin

We will help you in any way we can. We support all freesites here. Let us know what we can do if you need help affording hosting costs.

Your comments about donation sets and money "not being spent on yachts but on hosting" implied that some of your files require a payment before being downloaded. That is what we referred to when we advised you that this was against EA's EULA. It appears there was a misunderstanding. If so, I regret my mistake.

To clarify:
Having a donation button that is optional and not tied to donations IS legal. Several freesites have donation buttons, but all their files remain free.
Making donations mandatory before releasing files is equal to selling them, and thus those are not actually "donations" but an exchange of money for goods or services, and that IS NOT legal.

So, again, I am glad to have this matter clarified. And, again, let us know how we can support you, if you are indeed a freesite. We are always happy to welcome talented creators and to assist, advise, and protect them in any way possible.

Also, if your site is now a freesite, your former pay items will soon be removed from the Booty (unless you wish to have us provide "backup hosting"! Wink)

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 February 13, 15:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congratulations on going free!  *passes rum and cookies*

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
alicefashion
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 February 13, 16:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all for your posts. I'll be back soon when all content will be online
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2008 February 13, 16:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. A thirteen-year-old was in second grade? Tell me this was a typo, or that you don't teach second graders anymore. Getting left behind in first grade 6-7 times is just wrong, yo!

LOL. I apologise, that was indeed a typo. This was a Belgian school, and a Waldorf school to boot. I don't really know how to 'convert' to the more standard grade system used in other countries. It's the second grade of high school in the Belgian system, meaning she was indeed 12 or 13.

So yes, theoretically she should have been able to pack her own lunchbox, but for some reason she didn't and was left hungry. (This kid was very, very young for her age. Very fragile kid.) What bothered me about the situation was that the mother insisted that I was some sort of backwards cannibal teaching her daughter some ancient evil passed on to me directly by Satan, while the girl herself didn't care either way about what she got fed. She came down on me really hard for something that was meant to be a nice gesture, and that bugged me. A lot. If you want to raise your kids in a non-standard way, like vegetarian or Catholic or atechnological, that's all well and good, but you should at least inform the teachers of this. It's going to take some extra effort to raise your kid 'different' from most other children they'll communicate with, and if you're not willing to put forth that effort you shouldn't blame the (intern) teachers. In front of a whole class.

/rant

Anyway, back on topic.  Smiley

For what it's worth, I just wanted to congratulate you people at Alicefashion and apologise for the misunderstanding.
This reminds me again of the fact that paysite owners aren't the puppy-raping, kitten-punching bastards some people make them out to be. I personally take no satisfaction in closing a paysite or 'causing butthurt'. Despite what our Glorious Leader proclaimed a while ago, I personally do care if someone's pwecious feewing get hurt. Paysite owners are human after all. I dislike causing these people grief. But I dislike paysites even more. Even with people like Peggy and Carla Niven, I feel a little pang of compassion every now and again. The same I felt when we put that one Numenor file here. Good people are getting hurt for a good cause on both sides.

Okay, let the tomato-pelting commence!

*ducks*

AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 February 13, 17:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YEAH ALICE!!!  WOOT!

*rum and cookies*

Devilfish, I go on a LOT of field trips (for some reason, I'm always the one that the teachers ask).  There was this one child in my son's 4th grade class, from a pretty affluent family, who never had his lunches for field trips.  Note, that the teachers were excellent about announcing said trips one week up until a day prior.  Still, no lunch for this child.  Twice, I bought his lunch.

The third trip we were taking was to a manufacturing company.  It was quite a distance and it was suggested that you might want to pack a few snacks.  Ahead of time, acting as if I was calling all the parents, I called his mother and reminded her about the field trip the following day and about extra snacks.  Just a side note, she didn't work, she stayed home with a 4 year old.  I was the SVP of a brokerage firm.  Anyway, as a safety net, I packed an extra lunch, a ton of snacks, brought so many water bottles and juice boxes it was crazy.  And you can you guess what happened?  That's right, he had NO lunch, NO snacks.  I seriously wanted to smack his mother.  It was so pitiful.  When they asked for his lunch to put it in the cooler underneath the bus, he just looked completely helpless.  I handed the driver the lunch I had packed and told him, "Here it is, your mom dropped it off after you left home."  While we were loading up, I called that stupid woman and told her I had packed her child's lunch, and followed it up with a huge verbal spanking.  Her excuses were she had another child, blah, blah, blah and her husband worked all the time.  I countered with, "Well, I manage $32 million dollars a day to the penny, have 3 kids and a husband in Afghanistan, please take you flimsy fucking excuses and shove them up your ass."  I would have cheerfully choked this woman.  The teacher actually called the dad later that night and talked about the lack of preparedness for his son at school.  He was so completely embarrassed to find out that another mother had been taking care of his child.  He offered to send money to the parent (I asked that she not reveal who it was) and she said no, that she just expected the parents of her students to make sure that their children came prepared for the school day.  Thankfully, he was not in my son's class the following year.

Now, back to making Valentine's Day goodie bags.   Grin

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Druid
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 February 13, 18:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...If you want to raise your kids in a non-standard way, like vegetarian or Catholic or atechnological...
(emphasis mine)

Hehe, I wasn't aware being raised catholic was "Non-standard", or that it required teachers being informed of anything.  Roll Eyes

Back on topic: Congrats on being liberated, AliceFashions.
Lilwen
ARR!

Dirty Fanny La Bouche

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 February 13, 20:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congratulations on going free, AliceFashions.  Grin

Life! should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 February 13, 20:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent a lot of time volunteering in my (3) children's schools with various reading/tutoring programs, on top of being room mother for many of their classes, organizing events, fund raisers, PTA, yadda yadda and I did this all while attending college full time, running a household and having a husband who was a long-haul truck driver who was only home every other weekend (if that). And don't get me started on all the sports practices/events, cub scouts, etc that I participated/was involved in.

So I really can't understand what excuse there is for not being involved in your child(ren)'s school(s). I didn't mention all that to say "because I did so can you" but rather to illustrate that it is possible to make the time if you really want to.

I would get so frustrated and want to seriously hurt a few parents when I would hear the heartbreaking stories teachers would tell me. To see some children sent to school without breakfast in the mornings and then no lunch during the day, and some being sent to school without a coat on a cold day. One teacher told me of one child who kept complaining that his feet were hurting and the teacher found out that the shoes he was wearing were three sizes too small. She bought and paid for new shoes for the child out of her own pocket.

This all goes way beyond non-involvement of parents in the school system. In my opinion, this reaches abuse.

If you don't have the resources to provide breakfast or lunch for your child, there are government agencies that help with reduced or even free breakfast/lunch. Contact your local churches for help with getting a coat or even new shoes for your child if you can't provide. If you don't have time to prepare a lunch or breakfast for the child, then buy quick and easy stuff the child can access and prepare themself (ie pop tarts, frozen waffles, cereal etc), or pre-prepare things for the child on the weekends.

And get involved in what is going on at your child's school. It doesn't take but a few minutes of your time to jot a note to the teacher or pick up a phone if you have a question regarding your child.

My apologies for the rant but it just makes my blood boil when I read or hear about stuff like AW wrote about. grrr  Angry

Oh and welcome Alicefashion!!
« Last Edit: 2008 February 13, 20:51:44 by SmilingSweetly » Logged

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2008 February 13, 20:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congrats on going free Smiley AW you're like a perfect mom or something. o.o

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2008 February 13, 22:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...If you want to raise your kids in a non-standard way, like vegetarian or Catholic or atechnological...
(emphasis mine)

Hehe, I wasn't aware being raised catholic was "Non-standard", or that it required teachers being informed of anything.  Roll Eyes

In Belgian it isn't standard at all. Hasn't been sine the sixties. Atheism rules supreme here, religion (chistianity especially) is regarded as something for old folks and idiots. And the reason I personally like to know these things is so that children who aren't from white atheist families (who were born in another country, speak other languages at home, actively practice a religion etc.) can tell the other children about it and we can discuss it. Older classes only of course, but it's usually a lot of fun for all involved.
(Do keep in mind I'm not a teacher just yet. I'm talking internships here. Wouldn't ant to give anyone the wrong impression)

Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 February 13, 22:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being a chemistry techer my self, I saw all sorts of parents. On the one hand you'll have parents you make an effort to participate in their children's education and who are always willing to listen to any comments you have to make about their chldren's progress. And then you'll have parents whose children you have tought for 3 straight years and you have never seen their face or heard their voice over the phone. We were taking my class on a school trip which included a 2 hour drive. To be prepared I had handed out a tick sheet with everything I believed the children should have with them. On the list were food, adequate water and of course a coat since it was winter. Needless to say more than a couple of kids turned up with nothing. Parents who don't take initiative really drive me nuts.

Rant over! Well done Alice for going free!  Grin

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2008 February 13, 22:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep in mind I've mostly seen Waldorf school (Steiner schools, free schools, I don't know what they're called in other countries). It's kind of hard to explain on the fly, but the children there are taught according to the philosophy of Rudolf Steiner; antroposophy (or whatever you call it in English). These schools do not recieve any funding because of this and get by on parent participation alone. Parents are expected to know the basics of antroposophy and carry the basics over to every part of their children's daily lives. Not to mention the involvement we need in schools that recieve almost no money. Everything from cleaning the building to organising events has to be done by the staff and parents. Without parent involvement, these schools fall flat. So it's doubly scary when all of a sudden, parents just stop caring and expect the staff to take care of everything. Thsese schools will start closing down, while the waiting lists are endless. Everybody wants their kid in those schools, but parents usually do a double take when they realise it's not just their child who's getting an alternative education.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: