PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 16:16:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  S2CHost (Free Sims 2 Hosting) Implements Organized Plans!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: S2CHost (Free Sims 2 Hosting) Implements Organized Plans!  (Read 6266 times)
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
S2CHost (Free Sims 2 Hosting) Implements Organized Plans!
« on: 2008 January 25, 15:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been told numerous times that people reject S2CHost (A free Sims 2 webhost) as their host because there are no official plans. I've decided to implement official plans.

These are the three new plans:

Child
Disk Space: 2 GB
Bandwidth: 20 GB
MySQL Databases: 2
(Ad-free)
-Subdomain Only-

Child is the default subdomain hosting plan. Child plans get 2 GB of space and 20 GB of transfer, more than enough to get a site started. There is no advertisement.
---

Teen
Disk Space: 5 GB
Bandwidth: 50 GB
MySQL Databases: 5
(88x31 button link to S2CHost - Homepage Only)

Teen is the default domain plan. All domains use Teen as their default. Teen plans require an 88x31 button linking to S2CHost on the homepage only.
---

Adult

Disk Space: 10 GB
Bandwidth: 100 GB
MySQL Databases: 10
(Ad-free, must apply separately to join.)

Adult is the exclusive plan. You must apply for Adult hosting and you must meet the guidelines:
1) You must have been hosting with S2CHost for one month with a complete Sims 2 site (No "under construction" areas).
2) You must get at least 25 unique visitors a day.
No ads are required with Adult hosting.

I also host custom plans for large sites.

Need free hosting for your new Sims-related site? S2CHost is where it's at!

P.S. What's Jessica's new username? When I went on it was wickedone but now she changed it...please post it if you know!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 25, 15:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ws-jessica is jessica.  I'm good for hosting (thanks to my beloved Sublime - who rock  Cheesy ) But mine would be too big for that *even* a month after I started.  I wouldn't class it as a "large" site now - it's a little corner out in the middle of nowhere - it's not large though.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 25, 15:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She is WS-Jessica

Good on you for organizing the hosting plans, making it easier to understand.

Still watching you guys
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 25, 16:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
ws-jessica is jessica.  I'm good for hosting (thanks to my beloved Sublime - who rock  Cheesy ) But mine would be too big for that *even* a month after I started.  I wouldn't class it as a "large" site now - it's a little corner out in the middle of nowhere - it's not large though.

How much would be good for a medium site? I have 600 GB of space and 6,000 GB of bandwidth..just trying to share it evenly.

Is 20 GB of space and 250 GB of bandwidth a good size? I can add an Elder plan if that works.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 25, 16:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea - I just know that I wouldn't have fit any of those plans when I started out - and that I wouldn't have known anyway.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 25, 19:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
I have no idea - I just know that I wouldn't have fit any of those plans when I started out - and that I wouldn't have known anyway.  Cheesy

If there is any chance you can get the usage stats from Jessica or Nouk I can use them to create a new plan for everyone with a medium-sized site.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 25, 19:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No - I'm not Jess or Nouk  :lol: .  They would have them - not me.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 25, 23:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity: Those bandwidth figures, are they a day, a month or a year?

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 25, 23:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 2 sites need much more bandwidth than they need space, usually.
Not sure how much our sites usually use... the more medium sites use about 100 gigs. The smaller ones around 50 or less. The giant ones use the number of the devil.

Inactive
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 26, 00:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Anouk"
Sims 2 sites need much more bandwidth than they need space, usually.
Not sure how much our sites usually use... the more medium sites use about 100 gigs. The smaller ones around 50 or less. The giant ones use the number of the devil.

So would a Child = 2 GB Space, 25 GB Bandwidth;Teen = 5 GB Space, 7 GB Bandwidth;Adult = 10 GB Space, 200 GB Bandwidth;Elder = 25 GB Space, 500 GB Bandwidth; system work?

I can change it if need be...I have around 400 GB Space and 400,000 GB Bandwidth I'm willing to give out.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 26, 00:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV, you are fantastic!

That is all.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
ws-jessica
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 26, 01:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, most sites are not small for very long, even if they themselves dont advertise their site, word of mouth gets them lots of visitors. Tyler's site (simplysims2) officially opened last month and would already be hitting the max on your small plan--without really even advertising the site anywhere besides mts2/s2c/pmbd sigs lol

hostingplan-wise i think
small = 0-20gb
medium = 20-75gb
large = 75-125gb
xlarge = 125gb-200gb
uber large =200gb or higher (nouk/lapink/graveyard)

half of wnf would be using your "adult" plan, those are our smaller sites. the other half would need a larger plan.

examples using wnf stats from last month:
sims2vips and illusions of grandeur  both used 40gb each
kamikitten used 75gb (i think it was her first month with us at that point)
pixel dolly used about 30gb
adele-sims and poisonpinklemons both used over 100gb each
wnf site itself used over 50gb
lapink used over 200gb
stefan used about 75gb
subkitten used 60gb

note: this is just bandwidth usage, most people do not need more than 5-10gb of space unless they are nouk or larger than nouk.

and i bet you havent heard of most of their sites lol
compared to nouk though, all of these sites are "small", nouk is medium, and some of the more famous sites would be considered large.

as i said before, you could either host a few medium sized sites or a bunch of tiny beginner sites, but eventually they'd become popular and you'd need to upgrade.
Oh and i dont know why you're offering so many sql databases, most people only need ONE, if any. And your host probably wont even allow them to use more than one because it will "get too popular" and start "using too many cpu resources"  :roll: (thats what most shared hosts do)

You definitely wouldnt be able to help out the more popular sites or any paysites due to their bandwidth usage, sql usage, etc they would need more than what you could offer on shared hosting on a server you dont own. So I hope you dont get too ambitious with this thing lol But i hope you can help out some small sites Smiley

also, im not a pro at this, i've only been doing the server thing for 6 months now, and have been hosting sites for a little over a year. I'm basing this more on my experience than anything else. Delphy, kathy, pes, would be more in-the-know about these things than i would lol
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 26, 03:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for the statistics, Jess! I'll use them to create new plans to replace these.

Also, this is bandwidth per month, for whoever asked.

I've heard of them all except Sims2VIPS, Kamikitten, Pixel Dolly, and Stefan.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 26, 04:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that you are not charging for these plans, what is the point in dividing them up into different-sized packages? It seems to be that the logical outcome is that people will just take the largest available whether or not they use it all.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 26, 13:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Given that you are not charging for these plans, what is the point in dividing them up into different-sized packages? It seems to be that the logical outcome is that people will just take the largest available whether or not they use it all.

The reason is that I have to expect that whoever is using that account is going to use all the space I give them. If someone doesn't use the space I will downgrade them to a lower plan until they need a larger one. I had around 100 people on S2CHost. But what I could do is a plan like this:

Child
5 GB Disc Space
200 GB Bandwidth/Month
2 MySQL Databases
Ad-Free

Teen
10 GB Disc Space
400 GB Bandwidth/Month
4 MySQL Databases
Must Apply

Adult
20 GB Disc Space
1,000 GB Bandwidth/Month
10 MySQL Databases
Must Apply

------

So basically, the basic plan is the basic plan. If your site needs a larger plan there will be an application box? If that would work then I can get started tonight and finish editing the site and everything hopefully by the end of the weekend.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: