PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:18:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I declare today "Give a Free Site Some Love" Day
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I declare today "Give a Free Site Some Love" Day  (Read 20961 times)
Capucine
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I declare today "Give a Free Site Some Love" Day
« on: 2007 December 04, 07:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.ogularama.com/index.php
Lovely little site this. I have no idea of the story behind their latest news post but I'm really quite sickened at at some of the comments posted on there. Take this one:
by chris @ 02 Dec 2007 04:13 am
def. love how you keep us waiting for 8 months give us a shit update during halloween (which shouldnt even be considered an update) and then you go and say that your gonna leave after two sets which we will prolly never see, or will take you 2 years to get up here.

LOVE the dedication.

What a fucking flangemat.
I don't don't blame the owner for wanting to throw in the towel if it's because of nasty little self-entitled shits like this, but pop over there, and maybe send them a note of thanks for all their hard work Smiley

size=9]Rum is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of The Sims Community.[/size]

The cake is a rich, moist and delicious lie.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 04, 07:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's too bad that they get those messages. I go on that site quite often after finding out about them on the wiki because they have some really nice unique objects. It's a really neat lesser known site in the community.
I left them some encouraging comments, hopefully they won't give up because of that one asshole.
I really do think the owners are about ready to quit because the site was down for quite sometime a while back. :cry:
If they do give up their site, maybe they can be encouraged to move on to someplace like Wicked Sims 2 rather than leaving the community. I noticed a few comments by Jessica on there urging them to stay too. The community feel might be a better experience and they won't get as many rude comments on there, as the fans seem to be pretty encouraging to the creators on there.
Jessica's pretty cool too, I put a sim of mine she did in a contest at S2C a while back and I liked how she put the rounds together and everything. It was really fun.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 04, 08:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! I absolutely love that site - their downloads are so cool.  Cheesy  Thanks for the linkies.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 04, 08:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should check out the wii. It's incredibly well detailed. They pay a lot of attention to their meshes.
Nature_Girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 04, 08:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they have alot of good stuff, before this tread i never heard of their site, im amazed at the wii and the ps3!! im a detail junkie, its sad they get alot of thos a**holes there. especially when they dont realise that people actually have jobs (and lives) and dont have time to create meshes and objects.

The Booty is Love Wink
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 04, 08:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think organizing a DDoS on a free site is the right way to give it love. Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 04, 09:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, despite being on the Wiki they're not a well known site.
Not only does the content look great in game, but it also looks wonderful in pics too.
As mentioned in some other threads, a lot of creators are not capable of pulling that off.
Just noticed they had planned on putting out some custom stuff packs too. People have no idea how difficult that would be. It probably explains the long gaps, and at least they have a different kind of gap than Peggy. :lol:
It makes me sad when people with totally cool original ideas get fed up with the community.
Sometimes makes me wonder if the people doing the heckling are paysite owners under different names trying to scare free creators away.
Capucine
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 04, 09:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
I don't think organizing a DDoS on a free site is the right way to give it love. Tongue

Oh, fucksocks. Good point. At least my heart's in approximately the right place. :oops:

size=9]Rum is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of The Sims Community.[/size]

The cake is a rich, moist and delicious lie.
ws-jessica
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 04, 11:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've posted again on there. I can't believe the two little twats that posted giving him attitude over his lack of updates. wtf? its a free site, free sites owe you nothing. ungrateful lil bastards

i <3 ogularama and i hope he reconsiders.

btw, those of you checking out his downloads for the first time: they all look great in-game. I use them all the time.
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 04, 12:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oggie is one of my fav creators and a wonderful person. Used to be on Savage Sims and then branched out on his own.

People who leave those kind of messages should be confined for life ot downloading from places like TSR and Carla Niven  :twisted:
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 04, 13:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly my favorite piece of custom content is Ogularama's Macbook Pro. The detail is incredible.

If I could hug it I would.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 04, 17:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like all of his laptops!  Cheesy

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 04, 18:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe I've never seen his site before. I know I've heard the name. The objects are GREAT! Cheesy
Thanks for linking it.

Sarah (^..^)
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 04, 23:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really good point Irish Wench. That's just the thing. People like that Chris guy are probably used to going to places like TSR where Atwat and Buntah slam out ten shitty items a day as opposed to one good item every other week.
If I were him I would disable my comments feature, or at least filter them.
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 05, 00:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This from Ogularama:

Thanks for all the kind comments i've received, however i must explain my reasons. I am not leaving completely, i will be around and about, and it has nothing to do with pricks like some of those comments (who are now banned). Due to work outside of this I have very little time on my hands, hence the lack of any updates at all. When i do have time, i have been trying hard to make new things and the 60's set is doing well, also my chinese set. So I will not be gone forever, just here nor there...

Thanks again for your continued support.

Good to know it's RL and not idiots keeping him away.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: