PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:58:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  They did it again
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: They did it again  (Read 34526 times)
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #60 on: 2007 November 23, 15:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, all those people who started posting about "SIGNN MI PETION!!!!" did more harm than good. I sometimes think I am the only one who contacted EA via letters and email, contacted the FTC & the BBB to file a complaint.  :roll: For all the good it did me. The response has been "Sony DADC can't recreate your problem" so basically I'm lying.  :evil: And unless I'm willing to re-install SecuROM to send them an analysis file that I can't even read, I'm on my own.  :?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
sluggo
Landlubber

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #61 on: 2007 November 23, 16:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "freoninferno"
..blah blah blah bullshit bullshit..

And here's where he goes off:
  Your fucking icon is the black flag of Anarchism,and you're going on with the "sucks to be you" thing. " You can't fucking see that SuckyourRom is nothing more than another way for "the man" to control your personal thoughts and motives? You, my dear, are the reason why Anarchy will never work. Turn your freaking blind eye to oppression, 'cause it's easier to shout slogans than to fight.
 [/rant]

edit: because punctuation is for children.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
They did it again
« Reply #62 on: 2007 November 23, 16:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O.kay.  Whatever  :?

I was in there as soon as I found out about SecuRom, and posted pretty consistently about it - with actual information.  I was the one, that when MaxoidViolet said that SecuRom wasn't on your harddrive, posted a screenshot of it...on my harddrive, including the install date (6th of September - the Australian BV release date).

For one thing, it's misleading to say "oh just phone customer support" - as I pointed out numerous times, it would be cheaper for me to get tech support guy to my house, and pay him to fix it, and make me a coffee.  Costs $2.48 to call EA support here in Australia - and considering the amount of help that others have gotten, I'd rather the coffee.  I haven't got any help from the bvresearch@ea.com either - I sent the email describing my problem, and they've sent me one email saying "Someone will get back to you soon" (the equivalent of being on hold) and "What was your problem".  Dimwits - it was in the first fucking email.

I'm lucky in that the only thing that it's fucked with is a $20 SC4 disk (which means that EA loses money not me - cause Sims 2 is all I'll play now, and will never buy Sim City Societies, even though I was planning on it), and I'm not sending encoded information to Sony - they are not allowed to have a free inspection of my computer.  I know that EAxis say that they're nothing - but if I can't see it, I don't trust it - after all - they didn't even know that SecuRom gets onto the hard disk until I fucking told them.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #63 on: 2007 November 23, 20:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An alternative reason why MTS2 and InSim are seeming quiet lately is that there isn't a BV *public* release of SimPE.  I don't think many people know how to get the QA version (Quaxi isn't signing people up currently, and they don't know where it's being shared) or they think it's dodgy getting the under-the-counter version or something.  And they think using the old one with BV might blow up their boot sectors.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #64 on: 2007 November 23, 20:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidSam is bullshitting because that's his job. Companies know that for every one person who contact them with a problem, there are many more who also have the same problem. I don't think EA and Sony are as stupid and out of touch as they're pretending to be. It's just easier, and probably legally safer, to tell customers they have to jump through hoops to be heard.

I don't think we're going to get anywhere through EA/Sony channels. I think this is going to take legislation.

TheGainerPirate
Landlubber

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #65 on: 2007 November 24, 04:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA isn't looking so good. They just closed one of their locations in Chicago, which is a huge blow.
freoninferno
Landlubber

Truth is a great flirt.

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #66 on: 2007 November 24, 05:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You = blind. Apparently you need to learn how to read before you comment on what others say. Better yet, you should have TWO hemispheres for your brain as well. I know why Securom is present. It is a copy protection device. It has nothing to do with my thoughts, your thought, or anyone elses thoughts or motives. The Securom controversy lie in how it is introduced and what else it does besides copy protection, which in and of itself is not exactly a legal premise. I am why anarchy will never work? Pshaw. I am why it will work because I would most certainly have any brain dead ignoramus like yourself deported. You are the problem, not the solution because you do not educate yourself or disengage your mouth before you hide behind your pc keyboard and sprout imaginary balls full of self-righteous drivel & falsely inflated ego self stroking. You my dear boy, are a coward that needs to learn how to conjugate a verb before you get all holier than thou. It amazes me that you can wipe your own ass. I think what this boils down to is that anarchy offends you because you're some erectionless right wing nut job.

Quote from: "sluggo"
(some childish crap)

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.
Gaby The Pirate
Landlubber

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #67 on: 2007 November 24, 05:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of deppressing that EA would do such a thing.
I always thought that asking for money in exchange of CC was illegal (and incredibly lame) , and now the same people in charge of the game are advertising one of those creators.... that killed me.
Also, TS2 communities have slowed down alot. Even the official site, before I used to go to the forums and they were packed now there is barely any action going around.
Then there is this whole talk about Securom, which I have no idea what the heck it is. Since I havent played since the release of Seasons, and came back to play just a few weeks ago, I am unsure of how the problem started; but I hope it doesnt come with Uni, NL, Pets, or Seasons since those are the EPs I own... Sad

Hai, Bai :]
freoninferno
Landlubber

Truth is a great flirt.

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #68 on: 2007 November 24, 05:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

we agree to disagree then. here. have a macro and a smile.

Quote from: "Angha Tyl"
No mate, I just think you're using a reference that doesn't fit with the situation..

am not drawing lines between that and genocide. am drawing lines between abuse of power. the german state was very efficient in overriding legislative constraints to accomplish many things, not just genocide. but i can see why you would focus on just that one thing since that is what history bears out that we remember most.

Quote from: "calalily"
Look...

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #69 on: 2007 November 24, 07:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please learn to quote correctly, and get over yourself. Redirect the anger, sweetie.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
They did it again
« Reply #70 on: 2007 November 24, 07:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the german state was very efficient in overriding legislative constraints to accomplish many things, not just genocide.

That's not what you said in your original post - there is no talk of overriding legislation, or legal constraints in any way. It wasn't in the post above you, nor in the thread on that page, nor in the Maxoid Sam post.   What you said was:

nazi germany counted on that too (apathy factor thingie...)

I see no mention of legislation either in your post.

the german state was very efficient in overriding legislative constraints to accomplish many things, not just genocide.

As too is the current American government - there are wiretaps, secret trials, torture, and unlawful imprisonment and far more other things.  

SecuRom sucks, sure, but that doesn't mean that EA execs regularly eat babies, and claiming things such as this is what makes those on the BBS look absolutely batshit.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #71 on: 2007 November 24, 07:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You = blind.

Seriously, dude.  Stop posting.  You make NO sense.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #72 on: 2007 November 24, 08:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
SecuRom sucks, sure, but that doesn't mean that EA execs regularly eat babies, and claiming things such as this is what makes those on the BBS look absolutely batshit.

Nazis didn't actually eat babies either... which I'm sure you know, but I'd hate to have this freon person run away with that idea. He reminds me of a few freshman history majors who see parallels between situations that have only tiny details in common.

What EA is doing is bad enough. I think some calls and letters to some state representatives about copy protection are in order. It could take a long time, but it can be changed.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
They did it again
« Reply #73 on: 2007 November 24, 10:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
Nazis didn't actually eat babies either... which I'm sure you know, but I'd hate to have this freon person run away with that idea.

Yes, I did - and thanks for clarifying - I'm sure you're right about runaway ideas.   Cheesy But that's another thing often thrown around.  I was meaning to say that SecuRom is bad, but hardly the most loathsome act in human history.

Visit Calalilysims

SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #74 on: 2007 November 24, 12:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You = blind. Apparently you need to learn how to read before you comment on what others say. Better yet, you should have TWO hemispheres for your brain as well. I know why Securom is present. It is a copy protection device. It has nothing to do with my thoughts, your thought, or anyone elses thoughts or motives. The Securom controversy lie in how it is introduced and what else it does besides copy protection, which in and of itself is not exactly a legal premise. I am why anarchy will never work? Pshaw. I am why it will work because I would most certainly have any brain dead ignoramus like yourself deported. You are the problem, not the solution because you do not educate yourself or disengage your mouth before you hide behind your pc keyboard and sprout imaginary balls full of self-righteous drivel & falsely inflated ego self stroking. You my dear boy, are a coward that needs to learn how to conjugate a verb before you get all holier than thou. It amazes me that you can wipe your own ass. I think what this boils down to is that anarchy offends you because you're some erectionless right wing nut job.

This is typical of someone who doesn't have a legitimate argument - they resort to slinging insults and making personal attacks rather than offering a coherent rebuttle.

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: