PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:17:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  They did it again
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: They did it again  (Read 34485 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« on: 2007 November 21, 06:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did this get missed? Fan Interview-Simcredible . Another paysite, inverviewed on the official site. *sigh*

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
They did it again
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 21, 06:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that yesterday. SecuRom peddling bastards.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 21, 06:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a pack of raging fuck-knuckles.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 21, 08:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this keeps up, EA should be rewarded with a Golden Fucknut Award.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 21, 15:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They really are bastards, aren't they.  :evil:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
They did it again
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 21, 15:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes Requip.  They really are.  

I'd like an interview conducted by maxoidmoonbelly to end with a question like:  

MaxoidMoonBelly: So, how does it feel fleecing the loyal sims 2 customers?  

Generic Paysite:  It feels pretty good.  Knowing that I can charge whatever I want and people will be stupid enough to buy it.  It's an awesome sensation of power, only provided by taking moneys illegally for a hobby, and using it to buy a new mansion...err...i mean feed my chilluns and pay for "bandwith".  

MaxoidMoonBelly: Yes.  I see what you mean.  Even though it is illegal, we here at EA aren't actively trying to stop you.  As a matter of fact, we help create the customer that doesn't know any better by doing interviews with you.  

Generic Paysite:  Yeah, thanks for that.  Not only do I get a free advertisement, and more hits to my site for appearing like such a nice fansite owner, by doing this interview it really allows a lot of the naive to think that my charging for custom content is the preferred method of business.  

They may as well get that interview over with.  I feel it's only fair.

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 21, 15:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I absolutely loathe EA at this point. I lived with being an unpaid alpha tester when I bought their games, the wishy-washy response to paysites, but when they completely fucked up 2 of my computers with their SecuRom shit, that's it.

When I get my FIVE MONTH OLD computer back after repairs, I'll install up through Seasons and play until I'm tired of the game. They can shove Spore and Sims 3 up their corporate asses.

I'm a grown-up with credit cards and a life. I'll find something else to do.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
They did it again
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 21, 16:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have already decided that I will no longer purchase anything from EA Games.

I knew when the Maxis brand disappeared that EA was going to screw up the Sims 2 franchise. This paysite peddling as well as the SecuRom debacle just puts the nails in the coffin.

I'm done.

Still watching you guys
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 21, 16:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Has anyone else noticed that free Sims 2 communities, such as MTS2 and InSim seem to be more quiet nowadays? I get the sense that people are tired of the controvery and EA's lack of stand, so they seem to be drifting away from the community. People just don't seem to be as exited about the game as they were.

Oh, and the suckurom debacle and the fact that BV does not run on my computer very well even without any CC as it hogs all the resources, are not making people to feel any sympathy towards EA, either.

Or am I just dreaming?   :?

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
They did it again
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 21, 17:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you are right.

So many people can't even use BV, that it kind of takes the wind out of one's sails. Why get excited about an expansion if you can never use it? The EPs are what kept people excited...the anticipation and the promise of something new. Well, if you can never use the EPs, what is there to talk about? I enjoy playing my game as it is, but I find myself less entranced with the "community" every day.

However, there will always be more ignorant sheep to exploit. EA will find them, and so will TSR.

Still watching you guys
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 21, 17:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA are the masters of Double Talk.

We are against people charging money for cc but let's adverti ... err interview a paysite owner.  :roll:

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
They did it again
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 21, 17:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well all EA seems to have done is drive up pirating.  I looked at pirate bay the other day - 23 or so downloads at that time for Celebrations SP, and 345 or so downloads of Teen SP.  That's a huge jump - and if even I've known about Pirate Bay for all that time (given that I don't torrent stuff) it's not a sudden jump of popularity of the site itself that caused it.

Foolish EA - they've really screwed their customer base over then.  Not to mention that even if you *don't* know that SecuRom is giving your PC problems, people with borked PCs don't buy brand new games for them.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Rae Kira
ARR!

View Profile WWW
They did it again
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 21, 18:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can agree with that. I'm not made of money, I won't be wasting what I have on expansions that screw up the game more than it helps. TPB for the win!

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 21, 18:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Yes, well all EA seems to have done is drive up pirating.  I looked at pirate bay the other day - 23 or so downloads at that time for Celebrations SP, and 345 or so downloads of Teen SP.

I don't really think this correlates to anything. Celebrations was not really a very demanded stuffpack to begin with, while "Teen Stuff" is, apparently, popular with a demographic that, obviously, has no money to spend! Both are equally SecuROM infested, although neither one runs a "new" executable, so those running a Seasons-based install would be unaffected. I think this more illustrates the flaw of marketing to people who don't actually have their own money. Adults buy their own shit, some dumb 12 year old kid has to convince mommy and daddy to buy it for them. It is fundamentally a failure in my book to try to sell things to people who have no money.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
They did it again
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 21, 18:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
Hmm. Has anyone else noticed that free Sims 2 communities, such as MTS2 and InSim seem to be more quiet nowadays? I get the sense that people are tired of the controvery and EA's lack of stand, so they seem to be drifting away from the community. People just don't seem to be as exited about the game as they were.

Or am I just dreaming?   :?
Nope. I've been noticing that, too, even in my glances at TSR's forums. And considering that this is the holidays but most likely pre-travel for people, I really don't think it's US Thanksgiving that's doing it. I noticed a significant quiet-down at MATY last week, and Boolprop is the same.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: