PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:06:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Artists that won't let you share drive me crazy!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Artists that won't let you share drive me crazy!  (Read 9155 times)
LovelyLies
Landlubber

View Profile
Artists that won't let you share drive me crazy!
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 02, 03:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Aquamarine"
I'm probably going to start uploading custom content to different places in the next month.

Guys, help me come up with the most fucked up TOS ever. With length to rival beosboxboys'.  Seriously, I want shit like "DO NOT USE MY HAIR ON BLACK SIMS IT IS NOT APPROPRIATE" and to see if people say anything.

Honestly?  I stopped reading TOS a long time ago.  When I was in the pixel art community they basically just went on these idiotically long rants about how all the pixels belonged to them.  Nevermind that they traced anime images or Rion Vernon's art work.  

So by the time I got to the sims community I took one glace at the TOS and said "ha, there is a loonier fandom"
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 02, 04:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it make me the most horrible person on Earth if I admit that the first thing I thought of after reading LovelyLies's post was a desire for EA Games to come out with a statement saying: *ahem*

All Your Sims Are Belong To Us.  :lol:

If it does, great! That was a job easily accomplished!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 02, 23:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LovelyLies"
Quote from: "Aquamarine"
I'm probably going to start uploading custom content to different places in the next month.

Guys, help me come up with the most fucked up TOS ever. With length to rival beosboxboys'.  Seriously, I want shit like "DO NOT USE MY HAIR ON BLACK SIMS IT IS NOT APPROPRIATE" and to see if people say anything.

Honestly?  I stopped reading TOS a long time ago.  When I was in the pixel art community they basically just went on these idiotically long rants about how all the pixels belonged to them.  Nevermind that they traced anime images or Rion Vernon's art work.  

So by the time I got to the sims community I took one glace at the TOS and said "ha, there is a loonier fandom"

Oh, I remember the TOS for doll sites...some of them with their TRAPS, where when you clicked the thing at the bottom say 'yeah. whatever, I read it and agree not to change ANYTHING on your bases, now let me see them', they'd take you to a page and say 'HA, See! You didn't read my rules!!' and it turns out it says somewhere in there that to continue you must in fact click the fourteenth full stop in the fifth paragraph....

-_-

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
caryse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 03, 07:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Denimjo"
Does it make me the most horrible person on Earth if I admit that the first thing I thought of after reading LovelyLies's post was a desire for EA Games to come out with a statement saying: *ahem*

All Your Sims Are Belong To Us.  :lol:

I think that would give me an orgasm.

C.

----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GL !d s--:+ a- C+++ U P L+ E? W++ N o? K? w-- O? M-- V? PS+++ PE-- Y+ PGP t !5 !X R tv+ b++++ !DI D- G++ e* h---- r+++ x+++**
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Mat Cauthon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 04, 00:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG!!!!11  

I'm sorry, but I just have to gloat and squee for a moment!! My sim I made (the only thing I have ever made so far) is on the second page of Bines Sims Revue! Ok, so I am little silly to be so excited about it, but I can't help it! I'm not use to being featured on a page that has featured people like Nouk and Liegenschonheit (right now I am ignoring the fact that Carla Niven gets featured on it too Tongue ).  It is the sim under GaySimsClub2 if anyone wants to check him out! Cheesy

Mat
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 04, 03:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*claps*

Yes, I would DEFINITELY choose to ignore the Niven connection though...>.<

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 04, 16:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Bines shows finds from anyone who posts an update (if it's advertised, I'm not sure of all the places they check).  How else would my sites stuff end up there? Wink I can't get the finds page to load, or else I'd comment on your sim Smiley
edit:  Oh cute!  I like his lips.  Plus I've always thought guys with dark hair and blue eyes were "it".

Anyway, to get back on topic:

Any creators out there than can't stand the "you can't distribute my meshes with your recolors" policy.  Oh that drives me mad.  WTF?  I hate going to sites that send you on a friggin shopping trip to get their stuff, and I hate having to list the locations/file names of meshes that I use.  Why isn't a direct link to their site good enough?

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 04, 16:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my goodness - he is cute.  Your site is obviously an untapped resource, and I will be using up all your bandwidth in the next hour.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Mat Cauthon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 04, 19:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you everyobody!! Cheesy I too adore the black hair, blue eyed look...I have to restrain myself or I'd give most all of my sims that combination.  The site isn't mine though, anyone who is a member there can share things that they made for the game.  

I don't mind linking to meshes and things, I am just really frustrated by this one creator that says not to put their work anywhere even if you give credits and links.  I have this awesome sim that I so want to upload, but he has a lot of content from that one creator that says no uploading of their content on your sim.  Sad

Mat
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: