PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:40:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Sims 2 Site-Only Affiliate Program! ARR!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Sims 2 Site-Only Affiliate Program! ARR!  (Read 3539 times)
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
Free Sims 2 Site-Only Affiliate Program! ARR!
« on: 2007 November 12, 15:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arr! I was really busy with life and now I bring you a Sims 2 affiliate program.

http://affprogram.s2chost.info/ and http://www.s2chost.info/affprog/ are both URLs for the program.

The S2CHost affilate program was created for one simple purpose. Many Sims 2 websites are unable to get visitors because their buttons aren't being seen. They may be on the Links page of every single popular Sims 2 site, but due to the fact that the Links page is usually hundreds of sites where the visitor only goes to the first few seen, they are out of luck. Some sites fix this problem by putting buttons on every page. Sadly, this way you can only have a few buttons. The S2CHost affilate program fixes both of these problems by randomly showing buttons every time your page refreshes. That way, there is no need for a buttons page and you do not have to select only the best sites to show as affilates, because it automatically changes!

Just go to the site and take a quick read. If you're a lazy pirate...it's a link program so that you can have one button ad that changes every time. It's got three sizes. Go to the links below to see examples of each size:

Button (88x31): http://www.s2chost.info/affprog/scripts/button/test.html
Large Button (250x100): http://www.s2chost.info/affprog/scripts/l-button/test.html
Banner (728x90): http://www.s2chost.info/affprog/scripts/banner/test.html

Souless and I did the JavaScript, so I thank Souless for his help.

It is a small step, but it will greatly help all free Sims 2 sites unite. The smaller sites will grow because of the traffic the big sites bring them, making the pirate movement just a tad bit stronger.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 12, 15:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's amazing! Shocked
Does this work for sites like mine, where the frontpage is loaded only once per visit, though?

Inactive
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 12, 15:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At your request, I just updated the site. If you look in the 'How To Add Images' section, you will see that I added a section. I also included the added section here. I assumed it was a navigation frame (A frame for the  navigation):

Adding Ads Into A Navigation Frame
Added at the request of Nouk.

To add advertisements into a navigation frame, you need to add this code in between the <head> and </head> portions of the navigation frame page:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30" />

This code will make the navigation frame refresh every 30 seconds. When the frame refreshes, so will the advertisement. The number is in seconds, so just change it around as you want, but the highest I've tested it was 60 seconds, so I wouldn't try to go any higher.
ws-jessica
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 12, 16:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is posted on most of those javascript sites, not all that amazing...i think its called banner ad rotation or something like that :?: they also have scrolling affiliates areas and slideshow ones

Your site is still missing info on the specs of what you're offering for hosting, so that when people are directed to your site, they can figure out what you're offering them....the other pages of your site are needing to be filled out...and my site is not an affiliate as we discussed (you said you were going to do fix all of these things months ago and still havent) :roll:

also, my site is listed on several big sims2 sites on a page full of links/buttons and we still get decent traffic from them. I think people have discussed the idea of a free sims2 site webring before (which is what youre suggesting sort of?) and no one really liked the idea?
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 12, 16:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ws-jessica"
this is posted on most of those javascript sites, not all that amazing...i think its called banner ad rotation or something like that :?: they also have scrolling affiliates areas and slideshow ones

Your site is still missing info on the specs of what you're offering for hosting, so that when people are directed to your site, they can figure out what you're offering them....the other pages of your site are needing to be filled out...and my site is not an affiliate as we discussed (you said you were going to do fix all of these things months ago and still havent) :roll:

also, my site is listed on several big sims2 sites on a page full of links/buttons and we still get decent traffic from them. I think people have discussed the idea of a free sims2 site webring before (which is what youre suggesting sort of?) and no one really liked the idea?

1) I'm aware they are on most sites, but I made one specifically for The Sims 2. Also, most of those ones that are online don't support links and just show images. It is easy to add links but most don't have them.

2) I said in my post that I was busy with life. I'll make the changes later today.

3) I don't care whether people like my ideas or not or whether something already exists. I'm proud of my idea and I'm proud of what I did from it. My opinion. If you don't like it, please try not to be negative and rude to me about my idea.  It's not a webring...It's an affiliate program. Web rings show to links, one to the site before it and one to the site after. This shows links to all member sites.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 12, 17:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mod, is it possible to make the banners refresh themselves, instead of the whole page? It's easier on the bandwidth...

Inactive
ws-jessica
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 12, 17:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bv it is already on multiple sims2 sites, which is how i found out about the javascripts, i guess its just not being used on the ones you visit.

if you had time to post up javascript and to pm delphy asking him about things you saw on my site and wanted to copy (among other things), you had time to work on your site, so dont complain about people not signing up (which is what you've been doing *everywhere*) because your site is lacking info.

and the javascripts work with both banners and links...as i said its called banner ad rotation or something like that, i have a couple of them bookmarked because i was going to implement them on my sites new layout. Also, it would be more effective to have multiple banners up at once (like 2 or three) and have it slowly refresh than to have just one up, because alot of people dont spend time sitting on one page, they hurry through sites as fast as they can. And if you insist on proof of that, just ask any sims2 site to tell you their stats for "total visit time" (i cant look at cpanel right now to know the exact name of it)....but most visitors are on a site for less than 3 minutes. Having one banner up for 30 seconds isnt going to get many banners shown to the visitor.

In addition to that, most sites only affiliate with sites that either have similar content, or are friends of theirs, so they wouldnt sign up for an affiliate program nor post it on their pages. Affiliates usually have some communication going on between them, not just "oh i like your site, link to me ok?" "ok ill link to you, link to me" and then never speak again lol

and i dont think i am being all that rude, just pointing out the flaws. If you want this idea to work its going to need some improvements and probably a name change in order to get some people to use it.

nouk yes it is possible, i'll hook you up with the script when our servers back up :p

also, i dont see how this forum is the place for it. It might have been better on FFSS or MySimSite or getting special permission to post about it on s2c...places where more site owners are frequently visiting. Since i think this site is more about destroying paysites than promoting free ones (although kim will probably correct me if im wrong lol)
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 13, 10:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ws-jessica"
nouk yes it is possible, i'll hook you up with the script when our servers back up :p

also, i dont see how this forum is the place for it. It might have been better on FFSS or MySimSite or getting special permission to post about it on s2c...places where more site owners are frequently visiting. Since i think this site is more about destroying paysites than promoting free ones (although kim will probably correct me if im wrong lol)

It can be both: some people may not frequent FFSS and might be interested in this stuff.  Last I checked, though, S2CHost didn't have much info on it, and that turned me off right away (this was before I became a WickedNouk killmark, I think :lol:)

Speaking of WickedNouk - when the shit is our server going to be back up?  I've had PMs both here and elsewhere asking if my site is closed, why I'm closed, and even "I went to get some stuff but it was closed, do you still have the files?" lol  I explained we're down for maintenance, but I think we should have a "We're Down for Maintenance, blah blah be back shortly, depending on how much our server likes us" or whatever.  I don't know how this would be implemented, but I'll help if I can.

Affiliate program - Sounds good but I don't know how effective this would be, if it depends on similar sites linking to each other/communicating frequently.  How would this one work differently?  These are good ideas on paper, it's the logistics of things that need to be figured out & clear, otherwise people are just left confused.  Or maybe that's just me Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: