PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:56:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The power of PMBD compells me!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The power of PMBD compells me!  (Read 19871 times)
MGSwartwout
Landlubber

Bring your paysite over to meet my hoarde of orcs.

View Profile
The power of PMBD compells me!
« Reply #15 on: 2007 November 14, 18:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
Mental stability?

Certainly more than others; that doesn't mean we're not all prone to lunacy - myself especially.  :lol:

Paysites suck more than Win blows.

Don't do TSR. TSR is bad. Mmm-kay?
MGSwartwout
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 November 15, 02:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is it that people like that keep their jobs???

It's employers (and co-workers) like that which nudged me into being content as a stay-at-home mom and part time basement business person. Answering to costume/corsetry clients is a lot less stressful in most cases than a demanding, self-centered, egocentric, technologically impared, mentally challenged boss that expects everyone else to keep them employed... Cheesy

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 November 15, 05:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Psst, helpful hint: Press the "edit" button if you wish to add something to what you said if you're still the last poster in the thread, MGSwartwout.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
MGSwartwout
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 November 15, 13:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I figured that out last night after I posted - I figured I better just take the verbal beating I'll get for double posting rather than try to fix it & make it worse!  Cheesy

I think I gots the hang of it now. Smiley

SavageArtistry
« Reply #19 on: 2007 November 15, 14:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MGSwartwout"
How is it that people like that keep their jobs???

Well, in the case of my looney ex-boss, it was because she had all the $$$.  If I hadn't needed that regular paycheck I sure as hell would not have put up with her BS.

I still can't figure out why her biker-man boyfriend wanted to live (and work - he was incredibly annoying too, just not insane) and work with her.  Well, I can speculate but the reasons I'd think of are not very nice.
MGSwartwout
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 November 17, 15:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, a few choice comments come to mind...
 Anyone that lazy/pushy/pissy/bitchy/stuck up is lucky to be in any kind of relationship - dyfunctional or otherwise. She must've been darned good in the sack, 'cause it sure doesn't sound like she was good at anything else.  :lol:

Sounds like he's a sucker for a good lay. Tongue

SavageArtistry
« Reply #21 on: 2007 November 17, 18:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I figured it must be that or her megabucks.  She bought herself a new luxury car every 2  years while making us use old computers.  :roll:
Arnina
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 November 17, 23:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I don't see the point in whining about old computers.  If the computers served the business needs appropriately, there is no reason for her to cut into her profit margin to purchase new ones.  If you could demonstrate to her how new computers would increase productivity and, therefore, revenue you might be able to justify the purchase.  As for the new cars, she is spending her personal income and it is not an employee's place to judge her personal spending habits.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 November 17, 23:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mega bucks were in her account from the business. One thing about business I learned from my mother, who had her own business, you take the profits and plow them back into the firm before you spend a penny on yourself and your lifestyle.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Arnina
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 November 18, 00:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We don't have enough information about the business to know whether this owner was putting some of her profits back into it.  This owner could very well be sinking some of the profits into other areas.  My point is that in most cases business expenditures should not be made unless these expenses will generate more revenue.  Buying new computer systems would be frivolous if the owner just wanted shiny new systems or wanted to impress the employees.  In addition, an employee complaining that s/h/it wants a new computer and using the owner's personal spending habits as the only justification doesn't warrant the expenditure.
SavageArtistry
« Reply #25 on: 2007 November 18, 02:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arnina, don't argue this with me. I worked for the woman for 5 years. I think I know how she treated me better than you do. Doing graphic design on a computer that was so slow it would err out on saving files and cause me to lose an hour of work is not smart business practice.

The woman is one of those people who think the world revolves around her, whether you think so or not - or maybe the years of washing her dishes, cleaning out the back of her car, or tripping over her dogs that she brought to work with her didn't count.  As for where she got her money - of course it was from the business.  She was the only owner.  I'm sure she got to write off the luxury cars as a tax deduction or something. That was up to her, but it was a pain in the ass to be working in a tiny hole in the wall place with basic equipment that could have been a lot better.  That's all I'm saying.

And I only commented on her before because someone mentioned Jan/Charlotte.  It wasn't an invitation for you to critique my life.

Edited to add:  Did I mention that said old computer had Windows 98 on it until around the end of 2005???
Arnina
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 November 18, 03:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fact that you think my opinion is a critique on your life says more about you than it does me.  Good luck with trying to tell me what I can and cannot say on a public forum.  

I've heard many employees complain about the way the business is run and feel entitled to perks.  You framed your critique of your boss in such a way that criticized her personal life.  Based on the info you've provided in both posts her car buying habits are irrelevant.  Nobody forced you to work there.
SavageArtistry
« Reply #27 on: 2007 November 18, 03:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Arnina"
Good luck with trying to tell me what I can and cannot say on a public forum.

Say what you want about other things, but I don't appreciate personal jabs.  Is that the reason you have made three of your 5 posts on this thread? Just to be irritating?

You framed your critique of your boss in such a way that criticized her personal life.

That's because she brought too much of her personal life to work.

Nobody forced you to work there.

Nobody but the competitive job market where I live.  I was in the process of looking for another job already, but got laid off before finding one. (And no, I was not fired unless having surgery is a major offense.)

Do me a favor - please drop this. I don't want to start another unemployment thread.  And doesn't everybody vent about their jobs from time to time?  Geez.
Arnina
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 November 18, 03:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't plan to continue arguing with you.  You put your personal life on a pubic forum for anybody to read.  Don't be surprised if not everybody agrees with your complaint.  To be fair, after you posted more info, I agree that you probably did need new equipment.  The fact that your job relied heavily on your computer and the fact that it lost data hindered your productivity.  That is a valid reason for purchasing new equipment.

To be honest, I replied to your post because I've been on the other side of the fence.  I've had certain employees that criticized every move I made.  They were not in possession of the information I had and did not always understand the decisions.  Your post, although limited in info, reminded me of the irritation I used to have towards those employees.

Regardless, I don't mind if you call me irritating or laugh at my post count.  It's all part of being on the intrawebz and there's no point in making this into a drawn out argument.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 November 18, 03:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, who's bogarting the popcorn?

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: