PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:01:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Noanikko closes and blames wickednoukfamily
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Noanikko closes and blames wickednoukfamily  (Read 44297 times)
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Noanikko closes and blames wickednoukfamily
« Reply #105 on: 2008 January 16, 00:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Anouk"
The template I use, the only editing it needed to make it look simmy, was just change the top picture, heheh Smiley

However the inner workings, to make it more like a CMS, took ages of searching and finding scripts, hacks, plugins, etc. Poo-eee :cry:

Even the side navigation bar did not unfold, needed some css for that. And I don't even know css. I still don't. It works though.

Heck, I would use a CMS if I could find some decent themes. You did a great job on that navigation, Nouk. Good work.

Still watching you guys
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 January 16, 02:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey if you need it, or the way to do it,  I can send it over.

Inactive
i saw drones
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2008 January 16, 02:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wordpress is amazing for customisation

i use the K2 theme on my portfolio site and i hacked it all to bits to get rid of comments and all the other shit i hate and i finally have a setup i am happy with!
http://getk2.com/ - totally worths (also, shameless linkwhoring)

~(.., )~

Free Sims 2 recolours at awesims.sixty-ten.net  |  sixty-ten.net
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2008 January 16, 04:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be GREAT! I could use something to suck all my categories into some semblance of order. I will PM  you my email address.

And drones, I looked at your Wordpress blog, and am impressed. I wonder how you managed to rid yourself of the standard Wordpress Bloatware?

Still watching you guys
i saw drones
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2008 January 16, 05:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"

That would be GREAT! I could use something to suck all my categories into some semblance of order. I will PM  you my email address.

And drones, I looked at your Wordpress blog, and am impressed. I wonder how you managed to rid yourself of the standard Wordpress Bloatware?

with k2 (and i assume most other wordpress themes) you can modify the html/css very hevily. a lot of the important stuff is in 'the loop' which you can get to via the theme editor. the k2 forums are VERY helpful, so using them and the wordpress support site thingo, you can basically do anything you want..
i think in a nutshell, i just figured all the crap i didn't want (search, comments, archives etc) and tried to find them in i think its theloop.php and deleted them! then its a heavily modified css file and there you have it..
i'm sorry, i'm not very helpful i know haha. its just a matter of looking closely through the html and deleting the shit you don't need. and there is sooo much shit you don't need in wordpress, but if you can wrangle it to do what you want, it's super awes!

~(.., )~

i saw drones
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2008 January 16, 05:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

to be perfectly honest also, i wonder if i'd be able todo it again, lol, it's been that long since i did it in the first place.. i dread upgrading my wordpress for this very reason, hahah...

~(.., )~

SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2008 January 16, 14:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My boss is away on a business trip and the other one is on vacation, so I will be able to practice editing the template (k2) today. Besides, it will look like I'm working.  Cool

Still watching you guys
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 January 16, 14:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if I can remove the comments too. I never use them at all.

Inactive
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 January 17, 21:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been considering switching to something like Wordpress for awhile, and I think I might actually give WP a go. What plug ins and things do you guys recommend?

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2008 January 18, 03:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
I've been considering switching to something like Wordpress for awhile, and I think I might actually give WP a go. What plug ins and things do you guys recommend?

I'm a plugin whore but the two I love the most are Paged Navigation and Download Counter Lite both by Yellow Swordfish. He has several others too and a very helpful support forum.

WP Tiger Administration makes the control panel (Dashboard) look pretty and WP Database Backup is a life saver (for me who is always fucking things up, heh).

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 January 18, 15:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SamanthaS"

I'm a plugin whore but the two I love the most are Paged Navigation and Download Counter Lite both by Yellow Swordfish. He has several others too and a very helpful support forum.

WP Tiger Administration makes the control panel (Dashboard) look pretty and WP Database Backup is a life saver (for me who is always fucking things up, heh).

I could kiss you!
You know what, I will!

*Smooches*

Inactive
SamanthaS
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2008 January 18, 15:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SamanthaS"

I could kiss you!
You know what, I will!

*Smooches*

Smooches right back at ya Smiley. One thing I should probably mention...I haven't upgraded to WordPress 2.3x yet (I'm still using 2.2) but I think all of those plugins have been updated.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2008 January 18, 16:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SamanthaS

You can have a smooch from me, too. I love that Downloads Lite plugin, but again, I am having issues downloading it. Damn firewalls.

I changed my theme and now I am cleaning it up. Take a look-see sometime. http://sims2noir.celynoir.com

Still watching you guys
SamanthaS
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2008 January 18, 16:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
SamanthaS

You can have a smooch from me, too. I love that Downloads Lite plugin, but again, I am having issues downloading it. Damn firewalls.

I changed my theme and now I am cleaning it up. Take a look-see sometime. http://sims2noir.celynoir.com

Ooh, I like that theme!

Also, I found this that might be helpful for anyone that wants to make or edit their own theme: WordPress Help Sheet. It's a .pdf file.

liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 January 19, 02:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've started switching over, you all convinced me. If you want to see the layout I'm working on, click the Digital Perversion link thing in my sig. I am much to lazy to type out the URL...heh

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: