PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 02:03:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Noanikko closes and blames wickednoukfamily
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Noanikko closes and blames wickednoukfamily  (Read 44153 times)
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
Noanikko closes and blames wickednoukfamily
« on: 2007 November 02, 15:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.noanikko.net/
a freewebs paysite with a confusing donation system is now closed and posted a big rant basically blaming wickednoukfamily

back story according to those in-the-know:
noanikko was a featured creator at wickedsims and left to turn his tiny freewebs site into a paysite even though he was offered free hosting (since wickedsims was hosting several sites at that time before the attack).
after wnf was created, and noanikko realized he wasnt making any money since his site was in the booty and could get tons more visitors if he was associated with the uber-amazing Nouk, contacts them asking for free hosting, but doesnt really ask, sort of demands/expects it and gives them attitude about how he just wants the free hosting, not the family aspect of it and blah blah blah

He gets told to check out sims2host (that thing mod_bv has been whoring out) and tells wnf "fine, i didnt want to join your stupid club anyways" (or something like that) and then closes his site and puts up the big rant.

(quoted just in case he sees this and runs off to edit/delete it)
My say on Paysites

This war on paysites is reaching boiling point as we all know and I want to have a say on it. I have quite a bunch to say, so get comfortable.

1) Demonizing Paysites

One thing I think is completely unessecary is the demonizing of paysites. Sites like the Wicked Nouk family I feel like are not nice little communities, but they are a big petition to stopping paysites. They are for a good cause of course, but I think that this hatred for paysites is quite out of order. People seriously hate these sites and let's face it: it's a game. Are you that angry that you have to pay for that stunning little dress? If so, then go ahead and be mad, but to start sites saying paysites are fugitives of the law and bad people is kind of ridiculous. Here's an example: you live in a world where CD's are free. Then one day, a store starts charging for CD's. Are you really going to demonize that store just because they have started to charge for their CD's? No! If you are, then you should start looking at Darfur and Iraq and the factory workers in China because it isn't something to really fret about. It's like getting upset at Lindsay because she fell down at the gym because she didn't know how to work the treadmill.

2) Which sites are you mad at?

There are three different kinds of paysites: full paysites, majority paysites and minimal paysites. Full paysites are 100% pay and you need to pay for everything. Majority paysites are sites like Peggy Sims 2 that have mostly pay stuff but then some mediocre free stuff on the side. Then there is minimal paysites that have one to five packages you have to pay for. noaNikko falls under that last one. Understandably, those full paysites are the ones to get frustrated at, I mean hell, who's made of money? Then sites like Peggy make great stuff for pay and then her free stuff is second rate with problems. But then there's Vita Sims or noaNikko or Numenor who had two or three donation packages that aren't that expensive and have one or two pay packages. Sue us! So there it's stupid that we should be targeted in Wicked Sims' and the Wicked Nouk family's Yaya Sisterhood rampage.

3) Pirates

I don't mind pirates. I don't care about them. True lovers of the site wont use them, or maybe they will, I dont care. But making it like a symbolic and heroic thing is dumb because it is not, it's pirating, hence the name. So they aren't saints and martyrs and good people, they're thieves! But there are much worse thieves in the world and that is why I dont care. Those home invasions in Newark ocncern me much more than Simchic's newest pay mesh.

4) Finale: my message to the Wicked Nouk Family

Your intent is pure, your purpose is good. But shunnning paysites like you do is wrong. If you knew us as real people, your views would change. So judgement aside, this is stupid. Do you really care that much about an internet problem? If you do, well there's not much to say to that. If this if your life, fine, but you are making this a nightmare for countless others and it is cruel and not deserving. Lighten your message a little bit because your integrity is pure.

I WILL REOPEN WHEN PAYSITES ARE NOT SEEN AS CRIMINALS

the rant, makes no sense. WNF doesnt have anything up about paysites, only some of the individual sites do.

:roll: and of course the wnf server is down so nobody can see how retarded he is (for the rampaging comment and crap--since its apparent from his rant that hes not that bright)

anyways, yay another paysite destroyed!
Ocean Bacon
Landlubber

TSR IS TOEST.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 02, 15:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, it seems that he is a bit confused as to which side he's on. The rant keeps going back-and-forth. So he's saying that, essentially, PMBD's intent is good and we should keep adding things to the booty, but saying things about paysites being bad is wrong?  :?

EA GAMES: THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE THIIIIIIIIINGS
I am a delusional miscreant and Shakeshaft is a theif.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 02, 15:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh really?Huh Gee and I thought it closed because of the numerous complaints of not receiving the files you paid for. I am not the only one who paid for files, never to receive them.

The entire rant has no real logical argument, he seems (or she) to not think the EULA has any significance, for it is not once mentioned, now why is that?

So if it really is NOT about the money then why have "donation" items, that you can only get by paying for them? I'm not against a "donation" to help support free sites, and since Nouk was already hosting this idiot, his/her rant is just ridiculous....IMO

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 02, 15:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delightful, I shall download your things then so I can use them while I'm not playing 'Duke Nukem Forever'. In my igloo. In hell.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 02, 15:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know - I have to agree here with noanikko.

I see no reason as to why WickedNouk, which survives on donations, with a firm ethos of freesite hosting for all, shouldn't give free hosting to paysites - after all - no can't do it.  :?

Is this paysite owner fucking serious?  WickedNouk owes some hosting to some little pissant just cause he feels like it?  That's just what we need more of - demanding paysite owners.  I also note that here again, the argument against taking Numenor's stuff from the booty can serve as a warning on abandoning the zero tolerance policy.  They all think they're exempt - because they're small, or moderate, or they lure people in with free samples, or they aren't illegal in their country, or the EULA will soon be changed, or Tom Ass has EA in his pocket - whatever - and that someone else is "worse" than them.

*Note this is probably the most visitors ever to the site - barring the last time they were linked to from here - cause if a freewebs paysite is closing down - they must be losing some serious cash*.

*Further note - wonder if naonikko is a JAN!

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 02, 16:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's a little bitch and tried to force WNF to host him.  I think he said he had payfiles because of hosting, but his intent was to still keep his payfiles up once snagging a comfy spot in WNF.  Honestly, he only wanted the exposure he'd get, and figured if he had payfiles + exposure, that means more people would pay for his crap.

There's absolutely no reason a site that is hosted for free should need "donations" of any kind.  If you want to be compensated for making custom content, apply for a job at EA.

Btw what message is he talking about?  WNF says absolutely nothing about pirates, paysites, or anything else.  They just say they host 100% free sites.

Anyway, wtf does this mean?:

Here's an example: you live in a world where CD's are free. Then one day, a store starts charging for CD's. Are you really going to demonize that store just because they have started to charge for their CD's? No! If you are, then you should start looking at Darfur and Iraq and the factory workers in China because it isn't something to really fret about. It's like getting upset at Lindsay because she fell down at the gym because she didn't know how to work the treadmill.

Lindsay, like Lindsay Lohan?  Doesn't make sense.  If anything, I'd be upest that she even WANTS to use the treadmill - look how thin she is!!

Shark*Tooth*Hester
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 02, 16:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well somebody call the wahambulance. I hadn't even heard of his site before just now. I hope his CC was better than his logic.

We shouldn't seriously care about paysites because it's not really really real life don't ya know. But we should care about his feelwings about paysites being ok sometimes because he has one and that's terribly important even though he doesn't care about it. He didn't care so much she took down his site and put up a rant about how unfair it is to be a paysite right now even though they made money hand over fist for years and damn he wish he had one sooner. We should feel so guilty right now !!1111

Ok, sure whatever loser. :lol:
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 November 02, 16:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*wanders in*

Another crazy paysite posting about evil pirates & thieves? *rubbing hands together* Oh goodie..........I love it when they lose their minds and close down taking all their toys.   Cheesy

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Space Buccaneer
Landlubber

Chronic Lurker

View Profile
Re: Noanikko closes and blames wickednoukfamily
« Reply #8 on: 2007 November 02, 16:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's an example: you live in a world where CD's are free. Then one day, a store starts charging for CD's. Are you really going to demonize that store just because they have started to charge for their CD's?

Yes, yes I would.

And this analogy just did not make sense to me at all:

It's like getting upset at Lindsay because she fell down at the gym because she didn't know how to work the treadmill.

Like RenegadeSims, I am also wondering if if he's referring to Lindsay Blohan.  Because there is a site that already does that... it's called the Superficial.

Personally I've never even been to this guy's site.  I'm just glad that another one has bit the dust.  And I really like the way he accused WNF of "demonizing" him, when in fact, with his little rant he has just demonized them.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 November 02, 16:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my message to Noanikko:

Dude, get over it! There is no problem! It's just in your head! Get back to doing what you like!

- We are two chicks with a server
- We host sites and be friends with them and whatever, call it a family
- We don't host sites with payfiles.
- We talk about whatever on our forum, and that includes our opinions about paysites (wich are not at all all the same). I can't find a rant thread about paysites anywhere. I also can't find a rant about paysites on our Family Site.

So again, just get over it and get on with whatever you were doing. We don't really care, it has nothing to do with us. And you are overreacting.

----->>>> BUT WAIT, Thomas from TSR does not like me!!! He never said it anywhere, never said anything about my site, but I'm gonna assume it anyway!! HE'S AFTER MEEEEE!  I'm gonna close my site untill he does. That'll teach him!!!EINZ

Yep that's the way to go about things!

:roll:

Inactive
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 November 02, 16:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's an example: you live in a world where CD's are free. Then one day, a store starts charging for CD's. Are you really going to demonize that store just because they have started to charge for their CD's? No! If you are, then you should start looking at Darfur and Iraq and the factory workers in China because it isn't something to really fret about. It's like getting upset at Lindsay because she fell down at the gym because she didn't know how to work the treadmill.

lmfao  You can't argue with that logic!  

Here's an example: you live in a world where Healthcare is free (centralized).  Are you really going to demonize a doctor because he has started to charge you for his practice? No!  It's like getting upset because President Bush choked on a pretzel.

Do you really care that much about an internet problem? If you do, well there's not much to say to that.

Oh Snap!  Criticizes us for caring so much about an internet problem while at the same time closing his site, leaving the community and putting up a whole rant about how evil we are!  Projection anyone?

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
SmilingSweetly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 November 02, 16:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"

eh?

Completely flawed analogy and who is Lindsay and what do they have to do with his/her comparison?

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 November 02, 16:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it funny that he thinks anyone even cares that he closed. I have never even heard of that site before. LOL
People are so weird.

Sarah (^..^)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 November 02, 17:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who is this is? *scratches head*

Buddy, you've got some screwy logic goin' on there. :roll:
Jess, Nouk, fuck him. He's a little boy who didn't get his little way and decides to turn 6 and take his toys home.
Well, see ya, kid. Won't miss ya.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
watergirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 November 02, 17:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paysites deserve to be demonize. They have been terrorizing us with making us feel guilty for file sharing and being afraid to speak up. Scared we would be banned. Paysites are stealing from us.

I guess you will stay close than.  :twisted:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: