PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:03:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New posts by Maxoid/SM gives new light to earlier confusion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New posts by Maxoid/SM gives new light to earlier confusion  (Read 3856 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« on: 2007 October 10, 00:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judge for yourself but see here:
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=c3992cfdc3254b134d09fe3f19c786dd&directoryID=211&startRow=1&openItemID=item.211,root.1,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Key bits:
The discussion is actually about SecuRom and EA's rights to place it on our system and if we agreed to such when we agreed to the EULA. SMMoira states "this is the EULA, per the EA Customer Support website. It's the same for all EA Products." She then quotes the EULA as we know it (that at paysites.mustbedestroyed.com).

Then MaxoidDrea posts. Remember Drea? She's the one who posted that sticky about the EULA for the content manager stating that it was the new EULA for everything. She is now saying:
Hey guys,
The EULA that I referenced is the new one for downloadable tools that involve custom content. We're trying to address EULA questions that are related to SecuROM with our legal team right now. We're hoping to have an FAQ up soon that should address these questions.
Hope this helps.
Emphasis on "the new one for downloadable tools that involve custom content". Not the new EULA. Not the EULA for the game.

So perhaps the EULA for EP7 will remain as is? Here's hoping.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 10, 01:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These people are really jibbering, aren't they? They want to blame everyone but themselves. They especially want to blame us, the poor trusting consumers. Well, right now they're up the wrong frickin tree cause I want to hang their balls from the rear view mirror of my car...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 10, 01:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that the license agreement that was in effect when I bought and installed the game is the license agreement that I agreed to and not a new one that comes into effect AFTER I've bought and installed it. You can't agree to something that hasn't been put forth to be agreed  upon yet. So even if they change the EULA now, that's still not going to save their ass from people like me who purchased and installed it BEFORE they made their new license agreement.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 10, 01:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're really scrambling over there. What's funny is SOME of the posters have very sound tech information which conflicts with EA so then they scramble again.

My first email to SecuROM went out on Oct 5th as they never answer that phone they have listed under support. (after dealing with EA techs who told me it wasn't their software and they didn't know how to remove it. The emails from SecuROM have been a joke.

But I'm way ahead of most of the idiots over there and EA is way behind.   :roll:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 10, 01:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well guess what little miss smarty pants did? She made screen shots of the entire EULA before I clicked on I agree for BV. There is nothing in there that says we are going to install additional software that will screw up your computer, cause your DVD writer to quit working, make it so you can no longer view streamlink sites, kill off your drivers. In fact not once does it ask my permission to install malware on my PC. So let's see what it says and I'll piece together all the little blue screenshots for you all to view. We'll compare the two.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 10, 02:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should post the screenshot on the BBS.
If you go on Wiki, you'll find out that EA games already have something of a bad reputation among hard core gamers. There has also been alleged alteration of the EA games Wiki entry, similar to what happened with the one on Bon Voyage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Games
I saw the original MaxoidDrea post mentioning the EULA. Whatever they can do to keep the sheeple on the BBS sucking up to them I guess...
:roll:
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 10, 06:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "deathtotsr"
I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that the license agreement that was in effect when I bought and installed the game is the license agreement that I agreed to and not a new one that comes into effect AFTER I've bought and installed it. You can't agree to something that hasn't been put forth to be agreed  upon yet. So even if they change the EULA now, that's still not going to save their ass from people like me who purchased and installed it BEFORE they made their new license agreement.
Precisely. Oh, the current EULA stands. However, MaxoidDrea at one point was trying to say that they would be changing the EULA for EP7 to the one that's up for the Content Manager. It has no mention of "noncommercial" which is the key repeated term prooving that paysites are bad, mmkay? And she also stated that that was the EULA for the Sims2 games and EPs, as if you could make it retroactive. But now...nope. The EULA that shipped with BV (which was the same as previously shipped with the EPs, base game, HomeCrafter, and BodyShop) is the EULA for the games, and the EULA for the content manager is for the content manager. This, of course, is elementary, but had apparently confused her before....and she spread it to the sheepies as fact, with a statement for anyone who had questions to call their lawyers.

HawkGirl, I didn't screenshot it myself, but I remember skimming and thinking it was the same as always.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: