PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 08:40:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 84162 times)
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #315 on: 2007 October 21, 10:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dietofworms"

I hope they do get to Finland, alia.  Did you see them in Copenhagen, or was that too far to travel?

Too far, unfotunately. Sad

They've been to Finland once before, it was before they were hugely popular, and the gig was in a rather smallish tent, as a part of the Helsinki city festival.

I was underage, I had no money, no car/driver's licence, no place to crash and lived several hundred kilometres away from Helsinki, so I didn't go. I've been mentally kicking myself ever since.  Sad

Oh well, it was my own stupidity. Sigh.

And you went to several concerts. Oh, how I envy you, dietofworms!

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
fat_n_ugly
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #316 on: 2007 October 21, 11:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
Quote from: "fat_n_ugly"
hello guys,
i have a question, can we avoid the problems in BV if we use a no cd crack to play instead, of the cd we purchased?
if not, is there any way at all to play it with no bug?

Go to Nouk's site http://www.noukiesims2.net/.  There's lots of info to be found on her front page.

thank you Cheesy
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #317 on: 2007 October 21, 13:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley BV's been fun but I'm going to have SecuRom uninstalled soon (I've been putting it off). No CD-Cracks are illegal, aren't they? But they don't make much difference to me since I already paid for the legal copy.

Tsk, tsk. Unless they remove SecuRom they're losing a loyal customer, and many others too, I'm assuming.

ETA: Since I have to patch the game after I download the No-CD crack, it will automatically install SecuRom back, won't it? Also, will the patch work with the No-CD crack?

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #318 on: 2007 October 21, 15:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pinksmoke"
No CD-Cracks are illegal, aren't they? But they don't make much difference to me since I already paid for the legal copy.

Depends where you are, really. For example, here using a nocd crack is not illegal if you own the original version of the game.

ETA: Since I have to patch the game after I download the No-CD crack, it will automatically install SecuRom back, won't it? Also, will the patch work with the No-CD crack?

At least some of the NoCD cracks do not work after you've patched the game. You need to wait for somebody to update the NoCD crack before you can use it. Besides, according to Pescado, the current patch only patches Securom, and has borked some people's games royally, so it should be avoided at all costs. Besides, MATY hacks fix most of the BV bugs.

Go to MATY for more info. You should be able to get the most recent info for NoCD hacks there. However, remember that if you feel the urge to post,  the MATYans are even more scary and ruthless than we are, so be at your best behaviour.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
kristalrose
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #319 on: 2007 October 21, 16:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Suck-u-Rom has officially made my husband a  little paranoid about the issue!!!  We had discussed the issue the other evening as he was doing his regular spy-ware checks.  He said at first that since we do not use any DVD-writing software, and since we had not already encountered any problems, he felt fine with me running the game as it.  He found nothing related to it on the AdAware or McAfee's AntiVirus, so to him, it was fine.  He knows a little more about computer than I do (Two years at Devry for Systems Analyst before becoming a Respiratory Therapist), so I didn't worry about it anymore.  Yesterday, I played BV for a couple of hours. I got done and signed off to start dinner, and he signed on the computer.  The comptuer wouldn't work.  It had frozen up.  He couldn't even Alt-Ctrl-Delete out of it, had to shut the computer down at the switch.  When he restarted it, it was giving him several different port failures, keybord failures, ect.  He wondered if Suck-u-Rom had caused it.  I told him that it had worked fine while running the game.  He called Customer Support, the computer guy told him that either something had come loose, or we needed to replace the motherboard.  ARG!  Luckilly, he opened the computer up, cleaned off some dust, and it has been working fine since.  But, he's a little leary of me playing BV.  I told him that if I played again and we got the same issues, we'd know that BV caused it.  But, I seriously doubt it!  It's just that fear, ya know, that there's something forigen on our computer, that we didn't put it there, and that we don't know for sure what problems it may or may not cause.  It's enough to make someone very paranoid.   :?
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #320 on: 2007 October 21, 17:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you 100% That is the reason I have thus far avoided the game like a plague lately, I don't even have the will to play my game with out BV anymore. I am just so disappointed with EA these days. I have ARRed version of BV sitting on my hard drive just waiting to be installed, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #321 on: 2007 October 21, 17:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep I hope they enjoy this, they are going to be losing customers left and right I am sure.  I have never played without a disc before (ie. I bought the games).  

So while I am looking into playing that way now, if it's not too much of a pain in the arse I don't know how motivated I will be to spend the money again.  If I deem it too much of a hassle then they lost a customer for sure.  I've been becoming less and less interested in the game because of EA's other actions such as not dealing with paysites and releasing their games full of bugs and glitches.  

Sorry EA your games are just not going to be worth it with the numerous forms of entertainment out there.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #322 on: 2007 October 21, 18:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Sherry"

Sorry EA your games are just not going to be worth it with the numerous forms of entertainment out there.

Before this, whenever they released an expansion, I would rush out, buy it, and then wait for the mods to make it playable before installing. Now, because of EA's incredibly lame and selfish decision to screw with components on my computer that they have no business screwing with, I've taken a pass on BV (and quite possibly all further EA merchandise).

Maybe it's because of this that I haven't played the game in awhile and instead find myself buying more music again (sorry, no SONY crap).

Way to go EA!
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #323 on: 2007 November 02, 00:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:shock:

Now that jerkoff Maxoid Drea is quoting an article from online and saying that the Sony DADC team "passed them on to him."  :roll: Wait, this article is dated Aug 31st? And Sony just now passed it on?

Riiiiigggggghhhhhhhttttttt................ *throwing up a little bit in my mouth*

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #324 on: 2007 November 02, 00:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Passed what on to who? (whom?)  I'm lost, but I'm glad this thread is alive again, I was wondering whats going on.

Who's suing who?! Where's the FIGHT gone?

Was this mysterious thing passed to MaxoidDrea?  I thought Drea was a her, not a "him" :shock:

JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #325 on: 2007 November 02, 05:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2007/08/bioshock_rootkit_rumor_shot_do.html

That's the link Drea posted.  It would be fair if she posted all the other links scattered thruout that forum that shine a brighter light on Securom/SonyDADADA, but y'know.  Gotta pimp for the EA man.

Otherwise, Maxoids are maintaining radio silence over there.  Hoping it'll burn itself out, probably.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #326 on: 2007 November 02, 05:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. I don't really see the relevance of that article, seeing as how people wouldn't have these concerns and issues had EA not illegally installed a 3rd party software.. :roll:

I seriously hope this doesn't just "burn out".  There must be MOAR FIGHT!

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #327 on: 2007 November 02, 14:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this one post interesting.........

I think that we need legal definitions of just how far copy protection can go. Most countries have some sort of unreasonable search and seizure concept. The police (in the US) are not legally allowed to enter my house to search for illegal activity unless they have a warrant. What in the blazes gives Sony and EA the right to enter my computer without a warrant? Why do they think I'm willing to PAY for such an invasion?

and I think EA is just waiting for this to die down. They're keeping track of the number of posts, etc so they can eventually close the "SecuROM" part of the BBS off.  I say MOAR FIGHT too!  Cheesy

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #328 on: 2007 November 02, 15:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less, but as far as I'm concerned, posting any kind of complaint at the BBS is useless. EA needs to take a direct hit to their bottom line, which means that no matter how enticing they make the next stuff pack, or the next expansion, that people simply don't buy it.
Another good thing to try is a snail mail letter campaign to the head of EA games. Tactics like these have been successful in bringing canceled TV series back for another season or two.
If you do decide to mail the CEO and Chairman of EA Inc,the address is:

Lawrence F. Probst III
Chairman and CEO
Electronic Arts Inc.
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City California  94065

That address is by the way public record.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #329 on: 2007 November 02, 15:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think it's time for all of us to make some noise with any media that will listen.  Sony did the same thing EA is doing now when they had the MediaMax issue.  They first denied that it was a problem and couldn't understand why people were upset, all the while claiming that privacy wasn't being compromised.  Then they issued a patch, but that only made the problem worse.  And then, only after some media (mainstream, bloggers, etc.) started talking about it, they did something about it.

A good site to contact, which was instrumental in the Sony case, was the
Electronic Frontier Foundation.  The Senior Staff Attorney there is Fred von Lohmann.

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: