PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:52:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 83843 times)
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #225 on: 2007 October 11, 13:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the "official" patch is garbage, does MATY have all the needed fixes the official patch is said to do?

I've found anti-redundancy and some fixes, but I can't seem to find the other ones in the "official" patch list:

-Sims will no longer have the option to call vacation service NPCs after acquiring the business perk "Head for Numbers" which was causing a crash.
-Sims will no longer have the option to "Call Taxi" using their cell phones if they have driven to the community lot with an own-able vehicle which was causing a crash.
-If the Sim misses the shuttle, it will no longer return to a vacation lot without the Sim at the end of the vacation. Sometimes, this caused the vacation lot to become unusable.
-Periodic Events Controller will no longer loop twice per hour through each neighbor which was causing extreme lag on certain machines.
-Autonomous water-balloon and snowball fights have been tuned so the interaction will occur less frequently.

I must be crazy for wanting BV Sad

pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #226 on: 2007 October 11, 14:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually for novelty's sake and if you actually play the game, it's pretty fun. I don't blame ya, Renegade.  :lol:

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #227 on: 2007 October 11, 16:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Sims will no longer have the option to call vacation service NPCs after acquiring the business perk "Head for Numbers" which was causing a crash.
Avoidable, don't call tour guides and chefs. Why you would try to in the first place is beyond me.
-Sims will no longer have the option to "Call Taxi" using their cell phones if they have driven to the community lot with an own-able vehicle which was causing a crash.
Avoidable. You know how you got there...the car's at the curb. Why bring out the cellphone?
-If the Sim misses the shuttle, it will no longer return to a vacation lot without the Sim at the end of the vacation. Sometimes, this caused the vacation lot to become unusable.
For me, the shuttle-related annoyance is that, if you end vacation early, it will try to pick your sims up again after dropping them at their home. Either way, a fix would be appreciated.
-Periodic Events Controller will no longer loop twice per hour through each neighbor which was causing extreme lag on certain machines.
Ditto the above. I still wonder if it's doing playable neighbors or all character files.
-Autonomous water-balloon and snowball fights have been tuned so the interaction will occur less frequently.
There are many no-autonomous hacks for this. TwoJeffs may have them (he does some similar), Monique...look around.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #228 on: 2007 October 11, 18:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right - I'd only call Townies or vacation locals.  No need to call the chef or whatever.

Good point to the cellphone thing: none of my Sims are allowed to own a cellphone, anyway.

The shuttle vacation thing, I don't really understand it but it does sound like a fix would be nice.

The neighbourhood scour thing sounds like it does all the character files, but I have no way of knowing that for sure.

I'll check out some No-Autonomous hacks.  The only non-autonomous hacks I've used have been Squinges.

I've collected almost all of Pescado's BV hacks.  Once I make sure things are good to go, I'll probably snag myself a copy!

poopdeckswabber
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #229 on: 2007 October 11, 21:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My OS has crashed. In response to recently installed programs. Bv is the latest thing installed, nothing but sims games on my cpu. I am fuming. I can't even complete sentences. I am on hold with the Tech help at EA, the guy can not spell "mama".   :evil:  :x

liases:  Cadesmama2 and Angelicvictory and Littletimmysmom
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #230 on: 2007 October 12, 00:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a response back from the FTC:

Dear (my name):

Thank you for recent correspondence.  The Federal Trade Commission acts in the public interest to stop business practices that violate the laws it enforces.  Letters from consumers and businesses are very important to the work of the Commission.  They are often the first indication of a problem in the marketplace and may provide the initial evidence to begin an investigation.  The Commission does not resolve individual complaints.  The Commission can, however, act when it sees a pattern of possible violations developing.  

The information you have provided will be recorded in our complaint retention system.  This computerized system enables us to identify questionable business practices that are generating numerous complaints and may be in violation of the law.

Thank you for providing information that may be used to develop or support Commission enforcement initiatives.

Sincerely yours,

Consumer Response Center

So, if you haven't filed a complaint, please do.  The more people that bitch, the faster the FTC will act.

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
prattle
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #231 on: 2007 October 12, 01:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like we didn't see this coming....
All,
Burpie will no longer be a SimMaster/moderator for this community. She was a SimMaster for many years and is truly one of our best players. We wish her all the best.
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #232 on: 2007 October 12, 01:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Official SecuROM Statement from EA/Sony DADC

:evil:  :roll:  :evil:

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Petunia
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #233 on: 2007 October 12, 02:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"

Yea..they are basically saying that we are liars since only 41 people called to complain.

So if your having problems you better call and file a complaint with the FTC if your in the US.

f a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
prattle
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #234 on: 2007 October 12, 02:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Petunia"
Quote from: "fourohfourerror"

Yea..they are basically saying that we are liars since only 41 people called to complain.

So if your having problems you better call and file a complaint with the FTC if your in the US.

It's fun to get statistics to say what you want!

The way it's phrased is that 41 people called (not e-mailed, sent a letter, chatted with a representative) and specifically asked if their problems were caused by SecuROM (as opposed to people who may be having problems with SecuROM that are being blamed on something else by EA tech support, or just didn't know enough to ask specifically about SecuROM). That also doesn't include anyone with SecuROM problems that didn't bring it up with tech support, and it doesn't address people who may not be having a specific problem now, but just not wanting risky programs installed on their computers without their consent.

I know that when I had a problem re-installing Hot Date back in Sims 1 days, EA Tech Support blamed it on a variety of things and finally declared that I had a unsupported CD-ROM drive, and it took the Sims community to tell me that SafeDisc was the reason the installer was asking for a file that didn't exist.

I did find the discussion on how apparently there couldn't be a disclaimer in the Bon Voyage EULA because there is no Bon Voyage EULA interesting, though. No wonder I couldn't find it....
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #235 on: 2007 October 12, 02:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm one of those that went to EA's site and emailed tech support.  I asked them how can I back up my computer files to CD since SecuRom has disabled my burning software.  Their answer?  Uninstall BV (like that would get rid of SecuRom).

Is EA so stupid to think that we're going to forget all about this and keep buying their products?  Are they trying to get out of the PC side of their business?  Sure does seem that way, especially since they've phased out a lot of their sports games, making them only available to console players.  First we had that gawd-awful "Bustin' Out" and now "MySims".  At this point, it wouldn't surprise me.

*adjusts tinfoil cap

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #236 on: 2007 October 12, 02:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also doesn't take into account the scads of folks who went to MATY or wherever to rip it out themselves.

The 'numbers' thing pissed me off, just another way of blaming the customer for the problem instead of taking any kind of effective responsibility.

And Burpie got canned for saying basically the same things (albeit in a rather immature fashion).

They turned me into a pirate today!  Do I get a cake?   :wink:

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #237 on: 2007 October 12, 05:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That new SecuROM info release on their site is a lie as well. I know for a fact that it DOES disable DVD/CD writers (or the burning software - in my case it's Nero), because the old DVD writer that I had that stopped writing anything legible on here, is on my husband's computer and works perfectly fine there. In a little while I will be trying my new DVD writer to see if it writes anything that's legible or not. I am positive it won't though. So there was nothing wrong with my DVD writer that SecuROM didn't make wrong.

They are just trying to fiddle the numbers to make it look like it's no issue and are lying through their teeth when they say it doesn't affect any system hardware or other software and that it's merely their program's security protection. That's total 100% unadulterated BS.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #238 on: 2007 October 12, 07:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "prattle"
Like we didn't see this coming....
All,
Burpie will no longer be a SimMaster/moderator for this community. She was a SimMaster for many years and is truly one of our best players. We wish her all the best.

Good. That made my day.
 Cheesy
This whole thing with EA though has nearly killed my love for the game. If there is a number 3 I can't see it selling very well.
Everything EA touches turns to shit.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #239 on: 2007 October 12, 08:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Petunia"

I wonder if they counted the people that they hung up on when SecuROM was mentioned.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: