PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 28, 23:20:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5290 Members
Latest Member: troubleneko
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Sam
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Sam  (Read 98124 times)
karu
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #90 on: 2007 October 05, 18:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there's a good thread concerning this topic at maty

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9559.0.html
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #91 on: 2007 October 05, 20:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I was wondering if I missed it somehow, but I just ran a search for Userivce7.exe and it's not on my PC, so I also ran a search for all the .dll files that can be associated with it. I don't have any of those either. So how hidden is this thing?

This is who a class action lawsuit needs to go against, along with EA. They think their crap doesn't stink and they have every right to compromise your PC, just read some of their press releases. http://securerom.com/
Just so everyone is aware. I was reading on the tech forum this thing apparently checks all your software and phones home with a list, or blocks any it suspects...not knows, but suspects may be illegally installed.

This was interesting
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=203200
remove the bloody SECUROM forever! Then get an NOCD crack to get your games working again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

http://tinyurl.com/y3hgq9
Is this what everyone is using to find it? I searched out the .dll's the .exe files, etc I'm coming up not found. If so this is also what I used and apparently it didn't install.

Oh, I was looking at some of the other EA game forums, seems this thing is coming with all the new games. I saw several petitions online for other game companies. Maybe we should all join together against secure rom, and all game companies in a class action lawsuit that they have give each person up too 2,000 for the replacement of their PC. Depending on the damage done. No needs to be more, mine just cost me at Christmas 2,800. It's the only way they're going to stop and think about what they're doing to people. People are sick of having adware/malware/spyware put on their PC's, from a bunch of paranoid schizophrenics. If they're that damn paranoid about loosing 20 bucks so much so they're willing to risk loosing millions from their paying customers....they need to get out of the business. They had BV cracked in one day which means this is worthless software anyway.

ETA:
Quote from: "blumchen"
Thanks for link HawkGirl. I  just tried the AVG root set-up, and it found nothing. I know I have securom, as I found it in my registry. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and I'll see what happens. My computer freezes up constantly now, and during game play. I will no longer purchase any EA games.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. EA should be ashamed of themselves. This is my biggest peeve with paysites. 2.50/5.00 may not be much to some of us, but to far too many other's it's all they have. They can't afford to be buying a new PC, because of the love of a game and EA's stupidity.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #92 on: 2007 October 05, 20:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems EA games has set up a SecurROM forum under Help.  They want us to post information so that they can get SecurRom to work with our computers.  Lots of posters are not happy about that "solution".

ETA: They also send you to Maxoid (how many do they have anyway?)Violet's blog.  In there is an interesting entry that states if you have almost any CD imaging or burning software SecurROM disables it.  

MaxoidViolet

Friday, 05 October 2007
Copy Protection and SecuRom! *Part 1*
---------------------

I know there has been a lot of confusion about copy protection and SecuRom. In particular, there are a lot of questions about what, exactly, can trigger a SecuRom error. I know you've probably seen MaxoidVanquish's posts about SecuRom (I've added a link to it below...beware it's hugeness!) but I wanted to address the specific programs that you may have that can cause a conflict.

link1

The copy protection, SecuRom, on the disk knows that there are certain people out there who make copies of the game to distribute illegally, so the copy protection looks for programs that might be used for that end whenever you try to install or start the game.

That isn't to say that all burning software is bad, only that some burning software has a setting or function that triggers this alert. Sometimes you can make a quick adjustment to turn off that feature (even if it's only temporarily) to prevent the alert from stopping your game. Be warned that some computers come with a version of this software already installed, so double-check in case you have it!

Here is a list of programs that include CD Emulation Software which may cause an alert:

--Fantom CD Emulator
--Alcohol 120%
--Nero Image Drive
--Phantom CD
--Clone CD
--Ark Virtual Drive
--Veritas DLA
--Daemon Tools

Check the program documentation or talk to the program manufacturer for information on how to disable 'emulator' functions as this is what the copy protection looks for.

Sometimes doing something as simple as turning off background processes can help prevent conflicts. For more information on how to do that, check out the link below:

link2

We also have suggested steps to help with some programs. So if you have Alcohol 120%, Clone CD, or Daemon Tools you can click on the link below for help on how to disable emulator functions:

link3

If you have already disabled emulation software or don't have any and you are still recieving SecuRom errors, you can send our Support team a SecuRom analysis file. We can rule the file through a SecuRom tool that tells us where the error is coming from so we can help you get it setup. That way you can play the game without worrying. Smiley

For information and steps about how to send an analysis file, check out part two of the Copy Protection Blog below!

~Violet

- - -

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #93 on: 2007 October 05, 20:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
This was interesting
remove the bloody SECUROM forever! Then get an NOCD crack to get your games working again.
That didn't work for me. This did: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/98241-13-remove-securom-malware-uninstalling-bioshock-demo

I still have the folder under Application Data (can't delete it due to some unintelligible string of chinese character-file not being there, which cracks me up), but I've played and the keys aren't back and the folder isn't populated anymore. And yay! My antivirus doesn't think my subscription ran out anymore.

Now, I do play with a no-CD crack and have since Seasons. I use EALink, and the extra program loading up to verify I bought the game that it wouldn't even know about if I hadn't bought it from them pisses me off.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #94 on: 2007 October 05, 21:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kariminger"
Quote from: "HawkGirl"
This was interesting
That didn't work for me. This did: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/98241-13-remove-securom-malware-uninstalling-bioshock-demo

I still have the folder under Application Data (can't delete it due to some unintelligible string of chinese character-file not being there, which cracks me up), but I've played and the keys aren't back and the folder isn't populated anymore. And yay! My antivirus doesn't think my subscription ran out anymore.

Now, I do play with a no-CD crack and have since Seasons. I use EALink, and the extra program loading up to verify I bought the game that it wouldn't even know about if I hadn't bought it from them pisses me off.

Thank you for the link, much appreciated. I'll follow their instructions and see if that sucker is hidden on here somewhere.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #95 on: 2007 October 05, 21:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How dare they? Those dirty rotten bastards put something onto my computer that I did not and would not authorize had I known about it. Talk about buyer beware, but in my case, it was given as a gift by a very close friend. I don't take my game computer on the net, never. Now I know why my nero burning program died the same night... I tried to burn some pictures onto a disk so I could share them with family so they know what my child looks like these days, and I got this big long string of errors. I'm pissed and I want that securom off. How do I go about slashing it out of my system, EA?? Answer me that! I get legal copies of everything and for them to do this is beyond reproach... it borders on illegal, does it not? Talk about Big Brotherism at it's finest... or worst, take your choice. Bastards...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #96 on: 2007 October 05, 21:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I know why my nero burning program died the same night

Me too. I'm so friggin PISSED OFF. I have CD's I burned with downloads that suddenly I couldn't access. I thought it was a problem with Vista.  :shock:  :evil:

*to angry to even form words anymore*

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #97 on: 2007 October 05, 21:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. That is a load of bull shit!!! it looks for a software that can be used to copy disks, my ass. It looks for anything that can play the cracked/burned/etc. games. And as a side effect disables a ton of other perfectly safe applications. You know I am gonna put the tin foil hat on here and say, I bet that it takes nice little logs of everything on your pc or something so that it can report illegal things on a persons computer, or something like that.

The whole thing is ironic though, they put hidden software our computers illegally, which is designed to keep you from using illegal tools to copy the software, which has only led to innocent users being harmed. And from the looks of things the people who got the game illegally are have not problems at all. Which is only leading more people to think of getting a pirated version.
CaptainPirateNinja
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #98 on: 2007 October 05, 22:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I know why my nero burning program died the same night... I tried to burn some pictures onto a disk so I could share them with family so they know what my child looks like these days, and I got this big long string of errors.

I got rid of SecuROM and now my azureus and my alcohol 120% are working again. When I turned on Azureus it would just shut itself down. Thanks to that piece of crap I missed weeks of anime episodes! It's not quite the same as being unable to share pictures with family, but it's an inconvenience.
poopdeckswabber
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #99 on: 2007 October 05, 22:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am just wondering who at EA thinks that making this Sucurom compatible with our programs is going to satisfy us. That is only a minor part of the complaint (inconvenient and horrifying), but that they did it without our knowledge is the bigger issue (and the harder to correct). Surely they wouldn't like it if we snuck something onto their computers.

liases:  Cadesmama2 and Angelicvictory and Littletimmysmom
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #100 on: 2007 October 05, 22:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a successful boycott done against Starforce, another DRM, which resulted in "Ubisoft decided that the anti-copy software used with any future Ubisoft games won't be Starforce, starting with Heroes of Might and Magic V."  I think the sims community should look at what these people did and emulate (if you can get your emulator software to work-ha) what they did.  

http://www.glop.org/starforce/

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #101 on: 2007 October 05, 23:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me get this straight... if I installed H&M on my system I also have this SecurRom crap?  :?:

:shock:  I'm feeling a bit retarded today (pregnancy brain) so please don't sick the kitteh's on me.

Sarah (^..^)
Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #102 on: 2007 October 05, 23:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a thread that may be helpful to ya'll.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/138777-45-remove-left-over-securrom-files-hard-drive
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #103 on: 2007 October 05, 23:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love this post on the BBS:

It is against the law in my state for any company to install anything on a person's pc without some form of warning or consent. There was nothing in the EULA about it. There was nothing on the box. There was no read me. There was nothing in any of the paperwork that came with the game. There was nothing that popped up or came up when you installed bv. There was nothing informing us that it was being installed. And that is against the law! Not only in my state, but it is against the law in many others. It is against the terms of the sony settlement. It was illegal. And it is just plain wrong. If any of us took this to court right now, we would win in a split second. All we would have to do is mention sony, securom, and messed up pcs.

:lol:

EDIT: why is the forum stretching out?
 :roll:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Sam
« Reply #104 on: 2007 October 05, 23:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's stretched because of the long link that tomato copied and pasted from someone's post.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: