PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 07:48:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5286 Members
Latest Member: Flybulle
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!  (Read 97455 times)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
« Reply #180 on: 2007 October 31, 04:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-sigh-

This conversation has led me to make a plan tonight.

1. Delete my "Hairstyles" folder and subfolders.
2. Go to Renegade Sims Site and MTS2 and download nice low poly fixed hairs.
3. Go to Naouk and Xsims and download hairs there.
4. Say out loud three times "I will never download Peggy, Raon or Rose hair ever again"

Fricken hell.... so many things wrong with those damn meshes, and I in my weak moments (and just to have some hairstyles dumped in there) pulled a whole bunch in from the booty. Only to find it unbinned ugly and now with high poly count? Obscene.

Thanks Renegade and other meshers for keeping Simmers happy with happy computers free of bloated ugly blinking meshes and gaps!

And I'm supposed to be packing to move tonight... ah well...  :lol:
procrastination is awesome isn't it...so easy....

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: 2007 October 31, 07:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll make a more detailed post later in response to some things mentioned above, but I just wanted to mention that the hairs that are up on my site currently (like as of 3am EST Oct 31) have NOT been reduced in poly - at least not intentionally (I don't know if my fixes slightly brought them down, etc).  I don't even know what their polygon count is :oops: I'll check them and display their numbers on my next update.

For the longest time I didn't even have the option to check polys and got frustrated with tutorials because i didn't have the right plugins for simPE lol.

From this point on I will be trying to reduce polys if possible, and will write the number of polys beside the download so everyone can see.  It will either be the same as the original mesh or lower, so you'll know if it's the same or been poly-reduced cuz I'll mention something like "Reduced polygon count" or ..something. I'll figure it out later Tongue

Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2007 October 31, 08:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renegade - There was a discussion about poly counts on SFV a couple of months ago here and they reccommended this tool as a way to help reduce poly counts: http://www.SimsFileVault.com/forum/files/PolygonCruncherDeiTools751.rar

I'm not down with how it works I've only just started meshing and haven't ventured very far, but if you figure it out it might help you with your hair editing. Like everyone else I adore the fact that you go to the effort to fix Peggy and Roses more craptacular hairs. Smiley
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2007 October 31, 14:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poop! You have to be logged in to see that =(  Okay, I'll register later because that sounds helpful.  Thanks, Minolia Smiley

I'm not sure how good the in-built poly reducer is in Milkshape, or if this will be much better, but I would be willing to give it a try.

Quote from: "Sarafina"
What about Rose's hairs, which ones are really high poly?

I have no clue, since I've only recently started checking. I've only seen the polycounts of 2 of her hairs - one is the 7700 one shown earlier, and the other (not shown) was about 4000-5000. I brought it down to like 2800 I think, it's not on my site yet though.

Quote from: "pixelated"
Holy CRAP that's a lot of polygons. Apologies for derailing the thread, but it's semi-derailed anyway... Since I'm a total noob when it comes to stuff like this, what's the easiest way to check polygons of meshes?

In SimPE, open up the MESH file of a peggy or rose hair in question, select the GMDC tab in left window, select the adult GMDC option in the right window, and you should see some junk in the Plugin View at the bottom.  It should say "Models(Faces=XXXX, Vertices=XXXX)"  Faces is the PolyCount.  It doesn't matter if the checkboxes are all checked, the number at the top of the box that displays groups will add them all up.

I probably make things confusing, so here is the same method, stated in a simpler way AND with pictures! http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227588

LuxCasta
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007 October 31, 15:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"

Quote from: "Sarafina"
What about Rose's hairs, which ones are really high poly?

I have no clue, since I've only recently started checking. I've only seen the polycounts of 2 of her hairs - one is the 7700 one shown earlier, and the other (not shown) was about 4000-5000. I brought it down to like 2800 I think, it's not on my site yet though.

They're all pretty similiar, aren't they? I mean, ridiculously/unnecessarily high? Also, there was a post somewhere about them being doubled - for no apparent reason? Meh. Too tired ... *crawls away*

y name is Bonnie - damned me for putting LuxCasta as my username!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007 October 31, 19:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-double-

Inactive
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007 October 31, 20:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once found a really nice looking short hairstyle of 40.000 poly's. It was by a free creator though, [ERROR CANNOT HAS SHIT ON FREE CREATOR]. I'm sure she can fix it since her other hair is very good.

Inactive
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: 2007 October 31, 20:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know who you mean, and yes it's a nice hair Smiley

But can she reduce it enough without causing severe distortion and stuff? O.O if so, I'd love to know how!

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 November 01, 20:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "fourohfourerror"
...and male hair 18 are all over 10,000 polys.  Maybe we should be happy they've left the scene :roll:

Are you sure? I have that mesh in my game and looked up the polys in the way Renegade suggested and it said 3056 polys (the Faces= bit said that).

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2007 November 01, 21:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Male Donation Hair 18 in my game, but I saw this post, so I bootied it and checked it out (in SimPE and Milkshape).  It does indeed have 3056 polys.  It's 3056 for the adult, 3004 for teen and child, and 3062 for the toddler.  If you've got that hair in your game and like it, there's no reason to delete it - the poly count is not too high and won't affect your game in any significant way.

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 November 01, 22:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad to hear I actually got something right with SimPe! I have that mesh ingame for Nanceygirl's David Tennant sim; just the mesh and the recolour though, it doesn't suit any other sim :lol:

I think I have the lower poly Raon hairs in my game; all the big ones aren't to my taste :lol: Lucky me!

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2007 November 02, 02:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Anyerfillag"
Glad to hear I actually got something right with SimPe! I have that mesh ingame for Nanceygirl's David Tennant sim; just the mesh and the recolour though, it doesn't suit any other sim :lol:

I think I have the lower poly Raon hairs in my game; all the big ones aren't to my taste :lol: Lucky me!

I'm actually really worried about the Raonsim mesh I used to replace that one with his latest hair-do!

Is that one ridiculously high?  :T

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2007 November 02, 02:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naceygirl, that hair is 12,126 polys.  And it's one of my favorites.  :evil:

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2007 November 02, 03:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naceygirl, that hair is 12,126 polys. And it's one of my favorites.  :evil:

SHIT!!!  HELLS NAW!!

Sorry....got a little ghetto there....that's way too much!  And it's fucked up that there is no huge flashing red message saying HIGH POLY!!  HIGH POLY!! :evil:

But, of course there wouldn't be, coz nothing could get in the way of RAON'S MONEYZ!

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: 2007 November 02, 03:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naceygirl, that hair is 12,126 polys.  And it's one of my favorites.  :evil:

Er...I'm confused.  Are we talking about  Raon Male Donation Hair #18? That's the one shown in the picture, and we talked about earlier.

Because that's the one Anyerfillag said was 3056 polys, and I double confirmed this in both SimPE and Milkshape  :?

Actually, the only thing that could add up to the amount fourohfourerror stated was if you calculate the sum of all four age groups of that mesh.

Adult: 3056 + Teen: 3004 + Child: 3004 + Toddler: 3062 = sum of 12,126 for 4 age groups.

So I think it's safe to stand by what I said earlier:

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
If you've got that hair in your game and like it, there's no reason to delete it - the poly count is not too high and won't affect your game in any significant way.

Enjoy! Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: