PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:11:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!  (Read 23705 times)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Holy Simoly is being run by a MONKEY!
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 19, 16:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Peter Gabriel, you have to SHOCK the MONKEY (yeah-eah)

*spews Coke on keyboard*

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 19, 17:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
According to Peter Gabriel, you have to SHOCK the MONKEY (yeah-eah)

*spews Coke on keyboard*

This sort of reminds me of a couple little stories...I have a friend that has chimps, as well as monkeys. She does a lot of the Disney movies, etc... when I first picked up my daughter and her baby from the hospital we stopped by there on our way home. So her first hug came from a chimp. But, that chimp did not want to give her back. So when I took her, she slung dung at my friend. I mean plop right in the forehead. lol The way she corrects them is hilarious. She didn't throw it at me because I was still holding the baby and she didn't want to hurt the baby. She wasn't in any danger I was holding her with the chimp, like you do with a younger child. She just sat on my lap with the baby hugging her and smiling. In fact she was a very young chimp herself.

Also, my husband was telling me about a new plant they opened. I could have swore he said someplace in China? I might be wrong on that. But whenever someone comes from the states new, they all pretend like they go outside to eat. Well here comes the monkey's, they want some too. So they'll tell the new person that you have to throw a rock in their direction to scare them off. He said they fall for it everytime. They'll throw a rock and here comes 50 rocks and dung right back at them. hehe Anyway they go in tours of two years. They've asked him to go next, so they were warning him about all the little things. He's not going to take it though, because I won't go. Two years away from my grandbabies? Seeing them 2 or 3 times a year? No way. Some things are just more important than a new experience, or more money. Anyway those are my monkey/chimp stories.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 19, 18:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im guessing the reason why they didnt find you in their paypal account record is because they dont realize that they can a) search by transaction id # and b) go back quite a ways in their transaction history c) search specifically for payments made to them during a specific time period
and you provided all that info in your paypal receipts

funny how alot of paysite owners dont seem to understand how paypal works
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 20, 13:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lasciel"
I'm torn on this one...I disagree with paysites, but I can see why HS were reluctant to take you at your word - I'm not calling you a liar here, but merely pointing out that everyone knows that paypal mockups are shit easy to create and so now people tend to be wary about people providing them with paypal receipts if they can't find the matching transaction #s...which considering you donated a year ago according to your post, isn't that suprising that they don't still have their copy of the receipt on hand.

I don't think it's so much them being "peggy-esque" and trying to force you into a new donation to get the files on this one (hell, they gave you one of their donation files for free before when you contacted them so I don't think they're vampiric on it) so much as them being wary of getting scammed... *shrugs*

OK. First of all, these are DONATION sets. She provided proof that a donation had been made. Therefore, there is absoloutely NO REASON that she would not be entitled to getting that set for free now. IF indeed it was a donation set, and not a SALE.

Where in the world would "getting scammed" come into this scenario? It is not like a SALE would be involved, would it? It is a fucking DONATION set. No scams possible. Gah.  :evil:

Still watching you guys
lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 20, 16:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
Quote from: "lasciel"
I'm torn on this one...I disagree with paysites, but I can see why HS were reluctant to take you at your word - I'm not calling you a liar here, but merely pointing out that everyone knows that paypal mockups are shit easy to create and so now people tend to be wary about people providing them with paypal receipts if they can't find the matching transaction #s...which considering you donated a year ago according to your post, isn't that suprising that they don't still have their copy of the receipt on hand.

I don't think it's so much them being "peggy-esque" and trying to force you into a new donation to get the files on this one (hell, they gave you one of their donation files for free before when you contacted them so I don't think they're vampiric on it) so much as them being wary of getting scammed... *shrugs*

OK. First of all, these are DONATION sets. She provided proof that a donation had been made. Therefore, there is absoloutely NO REASON that she would not be entitled to getting that set for free now. IF indeed it was a donation set, and not a SALE.

Where in the world would "getting scammed" come into this scenario? It is not like a SALE would be involved, would it? It is a fucking DONATION set. No scams possible. Gah.  :evil:

don't get sand in your panties lol I'm not condoning "donation" sets or paysites (which in the end they weren't too fussed about if they sent her the item again for free anyway) but seriously, it's really easy to mock up a fake paypal page and forward it on saying "hey I donated to you before the dinosaurs were extinct, gimme stuffs plx". like armywife pointed out as well, if you had someone come to you saying they donated to you a considerable amount of time ago you may not have transaction IDs on hand and if you can't find them, would assume it was a pirate or a 12 year old trying to scam freebies or something.

she provided all her proof and in the end they gave her the item for free - still not seeing it as something peggy or rose-esque...a bit TOO wary sure, but not completely OTT if you look at it really.

phasmatic sims | part of the wicked nouk family
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 20, 17:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no idea how many people are scammers until my sister started telling me about the people calling into her work.  She works for a company that makes pet things for all around the world.  They are most known for their kennels.  My sister said that there are people calling in all the time asking for replacements and saying they never received the several sent.  They have people writing the same letters over and over in the same handwriting, same paper, and even saying the same damn thing but different name and street address.  People are issued refunds and they go out and buy the same product they're complaining about just to continue to be a pain in the ass.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 20, 18:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First I need to admit: I'm biased. I like Holy Simoly, ATS, Numenor and I donated to them AFTER finding their "donation" packs in the booty. I even did the same with Lianaa (that I dislike as FA) because I like the fact she 'frees" one of her packs every time she releases a new one. I would like to be as adamant as others here. I just can't and I make distinctions. TSR, Peggy, Rose are evil. HS, ATS I wish they would become free so I could happily donate to them without feeling weird.

On the topic. There are only two options here. 1) you don't accept the logic of paying for items. 2) you do. Once you accept that logic everything else is a consequence, including that the seller wants proof before providing with you with a copy of what you paid for. You must admit that isn't hard to create a fake PayPal receipt. So according to 2) HS was right. Actually, at the end, you received what you asked for even if HS didn't deem your proof conclusive. This thread didn't make me change my mind about HS, actually it confirmed my opinion that it isn't evil, just misguided.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 20, 18:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think any site that has donations period are ran by monkeys. I love monkeys honestly but I guess because I work in retail where we force people have receipts for crap I would think any receipt would be good enough. That's just me. I basically do customer service first then ask questions.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 20, 19:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"

Hehehehe Ok that is me cackling like a chicken, give me a few moments and I'll be snorting like a pig. Awww I adore you! I'm just thankful the coffee was on the desk not in my mouth when I read this.

Quote from: "Meganne"
First I need to admit: I'm biased. I like Holy Simoly, ATS, Numenor and I donated to them AFTER finding their "donation" packs in the booty. I even did the same with Lianaa (that I dislike as FA) because I like the fact she 'frees" one of her packs every time she releases a new one. I would like to be as adamant as others here. I just can't and I make distinctions. TSR, Peggy, Rose are evil. HS, ATS I wish they would become free so I could happily donate to them without feeling weird.

I like HS, and I adore Numenor. So I have donated to both. I didn't know about ATS2 till I started coming here. I'd also donate to her/them if I were still paying for things. But, I won't donate now. They always try to fix things, give refunds, etc...they may question. But, they do the right thing in the end. I'm with you I wish they'd go free also, so I could show appreciation without feeling like I'm betraying the people that can't afford the donation. I don't understand why Num just doesn't  have a donation button and link to it, he'd get plenty. After all he's done for the community, he shouldn't feel the need to give something special to those willing to donate to him. Free the donation file Num!! You can do it. Wink

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 20, 22:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, it's just a fracking fridge. Why would they even feel the need to check records to release a fridge? Would their anal-retentive asses cave in if they sent a fridge to someone not in their "accounts"?

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 20, 22:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Meganne"
Once you accept that logic everything else is a consequence, including that the seller wants proof before providing with you with a copy of what you paid for. You must admit that isn't hard to create a fake PayPal receipt. So according to 2) HS was right. Actually, at the end, you received what you asked for even if HS didn't deem your proof conclusive.

But as a 'seller' or 'vender', one would think THEY would keep records of their business (oops: "donation") transactions.  That is simply good and prudent business (oops:donation) practice.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 21, 00:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Yaardarm Monkey"
But as a 'seller' or 'vender', one would think THEY would keep records of their business (oops: "donation") transactions.  That is simply good and prudent business (oops:donation) practice.

While they're at it, they should be paying taxes every year too!

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 21, 01:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ry"
Spanks Yaardarm...isn't that what you do with monkeys?

I just have to say that as far as paysites go, it's no wonder they gave you grief. You're lucky you got them at all.
HS is one of the lesser evils, IMO. They have great stuff and tend to atleast update it when the need arises. Plus, now I see that they are also pretty generous for what they are. Thomas would have told you to fuck off, they gave you free stuff and then gave you stuff you lost.
Back up, back up, people! Put it on a disc it take a minute.
So yeah.
I wouldn't cinsider this rude. I actually kind of think that it was nice that they gave you dick.
But as far as it goes, a paysite is a paysite so boo to them anyways...

Just don't spank your monkey around us.....go do it in the belly of the ship,and clean up afterwards!

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 21, 11:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
Honestly, it's just a fracking fridge. Why would they even feel the need to check records to release a fridge? Would their anal-retentive asses cave in if they sent a fridge to someone not in their "accounts"?

I think it is one of the most popular fridges around. It is very distinct and elegant, unlike most other fridges that look like boxes.

And despite them being a paysite, I still love HS like I love ATS2. I hope they'd decide to go free like Ren did.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 21, 13:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bionx...I know I probably spelled that wrong...I am female.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: