PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:20:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Sim Site Hosting
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Sim Site Hosting  (Read 6106 times)
Flying Dutchman
Landlubber

View Profile
Free Sim Site Hosting
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 18, 00:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BV"
Quote from: "Flying Dutchman"

What exactly are you considering high traffic?

Hell, we do good hosting 20ish medium sized sites on a server...and you're seriously considering doing this with a reseller account?!

Tongue

I consider high traffic to be about Simply Sims 2 size, basically. As it is now, one would work, but when I upgrade, I can do two or three.

Simply Sims 2 hasn't launched let alone be considered a medium sized site.

wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
Free Sim Site Hosting
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 18, 02:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

high-traffic sites would be: peggy or rose or raon or the booty
medium-traffic sites would be: noukiesims or holy simoly
decent-traffic sites would be: lapink or doursim or wickedsims or the graveyard
low-traffic sites would be: ones just starting out, or who havent whored themselves out enough yet

your current hosting plan can only handle low traffic sites. Ask kathy, delphy, pescado, inge, Jessica/Nouk, anyone who has had problems finding hosting for "larger" sites.

even if you upgrade, there is no way you can handle a medium to high traffic site without a server. It's not possible
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Free Sim Site Hosting
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 18, 02:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Jessica (who is my stat queen) last month my site has used 75gigs of bandwidth.  My site is not terribly popular and that is on top of the fact that until 4 days ago I hadn't updated since the first of June.

I'm not trying to naysay I'm just pointing out that 50gb is not very much, though it sounds plenty for normal practices.  You'll be able to sustain smaller sites that are new but anyone who is established will most likely be too large for that package, and you'll be getting bandwidth exceeded messages before the middle of the month.

I think what you're doing is a good idea, I mean, it's identical to what Wicked Nouk is doing, it's just that you'll probably catch more medium to big fish with a longer term plan.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Free Sim Site Hosting
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 18, 16:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok ok but he isn't aiming at sites that use more than he can offer, he told us so.
If he hosts just 3 sites, he will have helped out 3 sites. If they start growing, he can grow the offer with them, as he said.

What I'm worried about, is that he doesn't actually own the server, so his host could boot him over the sites using too much resources, mainly CPU.

BV, you should probably not host a forum, and not host a site that goes over 30 GB, and then you'll be about fine. But these sites are rare.

Inactive
BV
Landlubber

View Profile
Free Sim Site Hosting
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 18, 20:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
What I'm worried about, is that he doesn't actually own the server, so his host could boot him over the sites using too much resources, mainly CPU.

Quite honestly, I'm not worried. The host is the nicest host I've been with. It's not a large company, it's just Rickie (The owner of the small business), his staff, and his set of 5 or 6 servers. I met him on a forum (The forum is down due to a DDoS right now, but it's at http://freewebspace.net/ ) and using that forum I can talk to Rickie directly, and he usually tabs it (FIREFOX FTW! XD) and checks it for new PMs every 10 to 20 minutes.

No more 24 hour god damn support lines. So awesome. 10 minutes support directly from the owner FTW!

To take a look at Web-Spot, go to S2CHost and click the button.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: