PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:47:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I wonder if Budweiser is getting a cut of the profits
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I wonder if Budweiser is getting a cut of the profits  (Read 16087 times)
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I wonder if Budweiser is getting a cut of the profits
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 13, 00:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dietofworms"

I wonder which of the personae came up with this name.   It sends out some pretty alarming vibes.  "Listen to Uncle Buck,  Cissie Mae, and don't tell anyone about those little massages I give you when we're alone."  :shock:

Remember that John Candy movie, Uncle Buck? That's what I think of when I hear that name.  :lol:

I reported Uncle Buck's Disney stuff. I feel great! :lol:

Still watching you guys
simminggramma
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 13, 05:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't really do much supporting the booty, but I figure every little bit helps.  I did "narc" on exnem to Disney a couple of weeks ago.  Here is the reply I received:

Re: copyright infringement of Disney
Designated Agent <designated.agent@dig.twdc.com>
ViewTuesday, August 28, 2007 5:53:49 PM
To:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your correspondence. We want you to know that we very much
appreciate the time you took to bring this matter to our attention. We
protect our intellectual property rights vigorously and we take reports
of suspected infringements very seriously. However, as you can
appreciate, our investigations are confidential. We neither reveal our
sources nor do we generally correspond further with them about the
investigation.

The information you provided has been forwarded to our legal department.

Best regards,
Disney Online Guest Services
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 13, 05:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "simminggramma"

The information you provided has been forwarded to our legal department.

Best regards,
Disney Online Guest Services

oooooooo, exnem's in trouble now. Micky may come of as being all hugs and snuggles, but he's a real motherfucker when it comes to protecting his turf.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 13, 06:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:   Snarky, you kill me!  :lol:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Micavaga
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 13, 06:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"
oooooooo, exnem's in trouble now. Micky may come of as being all hugs and snuggles, but he's a real motherfucker when it comes to protecting his turf.

You ain't shittin', Snarky.  I remember when I was in 6th grade back in the 70's, a girl I went to school with painted her family's garage door in Disney characters.  She did such an awesome job, it was covered by the local paper.  Needless to say, Mickey sent some henchmen to Michigan and made her family paint over them or face a lawsuit.... over an 11 year old painting their own garage door.

he FAQ is your life preserver on this pirate ship.  May I suggest that you cling to it for dear life?
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 13, 06:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fucked up. Greedy bastards.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 13, 07:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disney also busted a daycare for the same infringement. An amateur artist painted Mickey and friends on the outside of the house and it took mere days for them to get a C&D order.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 13, 09:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, they tried to do that to some childcare place in the UK that was using Winnie the Pooh characters.  However, as Disney doesn't OWN the rights to Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne's estate does, that got them in hot water.  As the estate threatened to revoke Disney's rights to the characters for being jerks.

But hell yes, Disney's overprotective about IP shit.  Anytime Mickey's anywhere near getting into the public domain, they manage to get the country's copyright laws extended, which is probably a very bad thing.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 13, 14:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quinctia"
But hell yes, Disney's overprotective about IP shit.  Anytime Mickey's anywhere near getting into the public domain, they manage to get the country's copyright laws extended, which is probably a very bad thing.

That is one reason I hate Disney. Sure I like some of the stuff the create, but I hate Mickey, always have, and the fact that they fuck up the whole system for everyone else really shits me. It won't be much longer before nothing ever comes out of copyright in USA, and the countries with leaders moronic enough to sign up to their shit (Thanks Johnny). Imagine if you had to pay someone every time you wanted to play some Mozart? That sort of thing is going to be a reality if governments continue to allow themselves to be "persuaded" by greedy corporations, and we all know that's going to stop.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 13, 14:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their hardassedness extends to their parks as well. A friend of mine worked at DisneyWorld in Orlando, part time in one of the shows, part time on one of the rides. He told us that they were SO anal about how their employees looked and acted at all times, and people would get disciplined for the smallest things....himself included:

He was working his ride, and a woman got suddenly and violently ill. Of course, he went to help her, to help her clean up, get out of the ride, etc. He got a tad disheveled in the process - go figure - but as soon as the woman walked away, his boss wrote him up because his shirt was untucked and his collar was messed up.

!!!!

He said if it wasn't for the show, he'd have quit right there.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 13, 14:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think that most of these companies should take advantage of the free advertisement.
Painting Mickey on a garage door shouldn't be reason to call their legal dept!
And Hec, that's ridiculous. I'd have stripped nakee and told him to fuck off...lol

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 13, 15:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've heard they're nasty to their employees. I imagine they have an obsecenly high turnover at their parks. All that forced enthusiasm with a bunch of inflexible bastards watching your every move would make life pretty depressing.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 13, 15:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My neice worked in a Disney retail store in Las Vegas. After 3 months, she quit and my sister wrote to everyone in the family: "We now officially hate Disney. No more Disney items may be purchased by members of this family." They never did tell me what happened, but she was so angry, we all obeyed instantly. So we never went back to Walt Disney World, but visit Universal Studios Orlando instead.  :lol:

Still watching you guys
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 13, 17:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why anyone would want to work at a Disney theme park, when you could go work at Cedar Point, where they throw after-hours roller coaster parties for the employees.

And it gets hot enough on Lake Erie in Ohio, I can't imagine working in Orlando.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 September 13, 18:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Gwendolyne"
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/sets/571134/

Here it is. And no more Budweiser. I wonder if she will refund TSR members that paid for the set on her site.
Apparently there was a comment by a "midge" there that was censored out. From what I can tell from the other posts, she was complaining that others had paid for it on the original site and now it was being offered at TSR...the sheep arguing that since it's also pay at TSR it's a non-issue. Yeah. That's logical.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: