PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 22:08:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5284 Members
Latest Member: mobequi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"  (Read 38619 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 09, 20:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of dimwitted, sense deprived fucknut came up with that idea?! Like they don't think people are warm-hearted and caring enough to donate just because it's a good and worthy thing to do, they think that they have to be bribed to part with a few farthings... Goddamit, this smells of scam and pisses me off... But until we have proof of wrong-doings, we can't do a thing about it, can we?
Hiding behind a charity when we don't know if much or any of the money is going to go to the stated charity... My uncle is a shriner, he donates and gives all the time he can but right now he's bedridden. He's leaving them a good chunk of money when he dies. He does it because he never married because he couldn't have children. Mumps and they fell.
My point? People give of themselves personally, they don't use a fucking middle man. The Salvation Army has the bell ringers at Christmas time. Veteran's groups sell whatever to raise money, usually the paper poppies. Thing is, they have visible reps that you know pretty well are on the up and up. I won't donate over the internet, too many scams have been pulled.
Has anyone thought of contacting those charities to see if this group has contacted them about this way of raising funds for them? I thought that you had to be authorized by some of the bigger charitable groups to collect funds in their names. Not sure what it is, but something just does not feel right. It feels about as wrong as wearing the left boot on the right foot and it has a platform sole while on the other foot you're wearing a flat...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
funkybunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 09, 20:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it sick she would try to lie about that. And like everyone has said before, I would never use a middle man If I were donating to charities, unless it was a real person who is, like Paden said "on the up and up."

(Oh, and LilyLocksley, the same goes for me.  Cheesy)

stolen from Jess Maree:

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 09, 21:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember that bs with Libby. She posted a pic of her "son" at N99 in a wheelchair with bandages all over his head and his blonde hair was sticking out thru the bandages.  :shock: It looked like someone had wrapped toilet-paper around his head? (funny it was the day after the supposed BRAIN surgery he had and he was being released? ROFL!) That was what started people asking questions, no way would they release someone one day after brain surgery. (I have no idea if that's true or not)

Here's some contact info posted on this new site:

Why am I not surprised that Reflex is involved?  :roll:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 09, 21:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she were on the up and up she could say donate 5 dollars to one of these charities, email the receipt to us and we will send you our donation package. Then she doesn't have to worry about dealing with paypal at all right?

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 09, 21:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is like Money Better Spent's twisted, fucked up, stupider twin. If you want th emoney go to go tcharity, just put links to the charity and don't ask for money, you stupid fuckers.

Gah.

(I forgot about Flotsim and Jetsim! Wow...the memories.)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 09, 23:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Ry, Alia, and Requip for supplying your memories - was bugging the crap out of me, Project Hern!  I wasn't involved in the TS1 community at all and I heard about it just from random posts on random sites.

Anyway, my creaky old brain appreciates the jog.   Cheesy

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 09, 23:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just consider me the walking encyclopedia of useless old sim knowledge...lol.
I've been around forever and stuck my nose into everything to see what was going on..lol.
If I can't remember then I can usually find a thread somewhere that does.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
thecheese
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 10, 00:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe their intentions are good, but I don't need a middleman to donate to worthy causes.

Exactly, you'd think people would just donate to a charity....I mean it sounds shady (Everything sounds shady to me)

firmly believe in the cat macros.
Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 10, 00:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Requip"
I remember that bs with Libby. She posted a pic of her "son" at N99 in a wheelchair with bandages all over his head and his blonde hair was sticking out thru the bandages.  :shock: It looked like someone had wrapped toilet-paper around his head? (funny it was the day after the supposed BRAIN surgery he had and he was being released? ROFL!) That was what started people asking questions, no way would they release someone one day after brain surgery. (I have no idea if that's true or not)

You can bet isn't true: the head is shaved BEFORE having brain surgery!

Just my imagination or the sims on that "donation pack" have Enayla's skins?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
funkybunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 10, 00:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Meganne"
Quote from: "Requip"

*sooo wishes he could've seen this XD*

stolen from Jess Maree:

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 10, 06:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it does look like that.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 10, 06:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A coworker of mine had surgery done on her skull but they only shaved part of her head. Not all of it.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 10, 07:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasnt Ran also a part of the project hern scam?

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 10, 07:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All three of those skins are Linda's up for sale, yet again. This is three times now. She's never going to return to creating for this community. I really don't blame her either. Guess I'll have to go buy Oblivion if I want to collect anymore of her CC. They seem to be the only community that respects what she makes and don't try to sell it.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 10, 07:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"

All three of those skins are Linda's up for sale, yet again.

That's terrible. I loved her art before I ever played the game, and I was so thrilled when she started creating for it. I don't use her skins an awful lot (except for aliens and plantsims) because I haven't yet made a fantasy neighborhood and I prefer my men to look a bit more manly, but they are high quality, and the latest ones are the best imo. She's someone whose talent I truly respect, and they're taking advantage of her illness to steal and sell her creations. They haven't bothered to give any credit, even. Yet again, a paysite proves who the truly disrespectful ones are.

I don't know of any community that would pull this crap besides this one. Not a damn one. Enayla makes things for Oblivion, you say? I may have to fire that up again then.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: