PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 00:57:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.  (Read 80210 times)
Petunia Mae Witherbottom
Landlubber

View Profile
The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
« Reply #255 on: 2007 September 19, 09:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marcy, here's the list which was posted by ShanOw on page 5 of this thread:

Quote from: "ShanOw"
I have got a copy of the SMB rebel list. Please only share this wiht site owners. If they ask where they got the list. It wasn't me.

AbstractSIMmer187 (Travis187) swearwords and foullanguage, form mailer attacks, insulting of staff, MSN insults, rebel leader

feeEssen (fee) threatening, thread deletion, spy and rebel, threatening
with court, copyright violations, malicious behaviour, abusing of staff permissions to delete common property on SMB, blacklisted creator who tried to use SMB's work

Rebecah copyright violation, threatening, blacklisted creator who tried to use others work

Irma insults, abuse of privileges, bad reputation spam, rampage against Superadministrator, mutiny against staff

Ailias (MTS2 Hotpepper): Perma-Spam and rebellious rampages

SvetLanka (Svet) insults, instigation against staff, mutiny, rampage,
slander, lesbian contents & spam, responsible for the end of SMB made two Sponsors leaving, instigated many members against us, made poll with option "kill Katy" on portal site dollface (Emma Barret) insults, thread deletion, huge forum-global rampages, different attacks, responsible for the end of SMB

GuitarzRock2007 (Guitar / Jolee) insults, instigation against staff,
slander, giant rampages, responsible for the end of SMB

Worship4ever0227 (Rob) housing the rebels and promotion in staff

Tiya Marie (Tiyarn007 / Tiy) housing, supporting and backing the rebels and promotion in staff

xcrushterx (xxcrushterxx, David, crushter) insults, heavy attacks,
enforcing and blackmailing, responsible for the end of SMB

Nengi65 2x thread deletions and rampages

Smithycpl mutiny in staff, splitting of staff, background slander on
msn, enforcing and suppressing, made one Sponsor and one important creator leaving, removed two admins and made a big harm to the whole team

Hope this helps who-ever asked.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2007 September 19, 23:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know where this idea that anyone can sue anyone else over custom content got started. Well, technically I suppose you could try to sue anyone for anything, but it wouldn't get anywhere.

EA owns any item made for use in the game. They give permission to share. No one is going to sue anyone unless EA decides to sue TSR.

People who turn this hobby into a power trip and use it to cause others anxiety should be keelhauled.

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2007 September 20, 00:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marcy don't worry yourself sick over it, it just isn't worth it. I thought Katy and Jan were great. If you look at the beginning pages of this thread, you'll see I had nothing but good things to say about them. I believed all the lies, excuses. Your not the only one that believed them. I can't believe they didn't think that one day we might all come together and compare what has happened. This probably wasn't the best place for all this to come to a head. But Pes and Hec have been great about it. I for one am glad someone started the thread, so we could find all this out. To know the truth. Just know your not the only one that they did similar things too. I believe Worship or someone started a new forum for those that were members of SMB. What they did to you financially is just wrong, if there were a way for you to sue them, I'd be all for it. Why should you have to pay for what they did.

Vicky, I am very sorry you too got caught up in this whole mess. I have several of your beautiful creations in my game. I've never seen you be anything but respectable to anyone. It so sad that so many people got hurt from one site. I agree with your whole statement. A lot of us trusted too much, which we should have known better than to do. How long would it have been before they perhaps turned on us too?

ETA: One other thing, Vicky trust me your not the only one paysites have stolen from and sold their things. It's happened to many good freesites.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2007 September 20, 17:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Marcynha"
I`m so thankful. You all are very kind. Yes, I also understand what you say about to sue anyone else over custom content. But I`m not saying this... I wasn`t refeering to sue someone because of cc but because of calumny. This is not related to EA but to accuse in public a person for commiting a crime without this person having done it. This is a crime against a person image, against a personal right, and  told in every country criminal legislation so that it`s very possible, knowing where this person is, to sue someone because of this. I`m not an adept of revenge but I think it`s the only way to stop and teach something to these kind of people. And I don`t think people as Fee and many others, who did nothing, shall be freely condemned in a document without any chnce to defend themself for some ridiculous accusation without proves - even because lesbianism which is not a crime and this acusation is also a kind of prejudice -  I my two best male friends are homossexual and very nice people and I wouldn`t like to see them facing this kind of prejudice. The worse thing is that people went on throwing accusations without even having a prove,just to throw people`s name in the mud... Sure they didn`t that to me so in my case this whole thing would be more difficult to prove - I just had the PMs they sent to me but they closed SMB so they may be deleted. Anyway I could still try even because they did almost the same thing to other people. And I still would like to see them paying the bills I had through all this period they almost got me crazy - at least this. This way I guess they would learn to think before doing anything like they did to anyone...  and we would be able to clean our names and to refund for all the financial and emotional damage they brought to us.
Thanks a million to everyone.

The words you are looking for is slander, libel. Recouping your financial losses for something they accused you of doing, that you really didn't do. These types of small lawsuits are filed everyday. I know how much you all make in Brazil, not even a fraction of what people make here in the USA making nothing but minimum wage in a week, in a month for you. I've hosted exchange students from Brazil(Sao Paulo). The exchange students I hosted weren't college kids. They were all young teenagers that came here for a year. I tried to host two a year. We paid for everything for them, they were basically our children for the year. So I know how much it cost you in oversea's phone calls, etc...trying to clear your name from false accusations. I also know how serious people in your country take these types of accusations. It's too easy for us to forget there are some that have nothing more than their honor. If I can help you in anyway Marcy send me a PM. I will do what I can for you. If you trust me with your snail mail address I will send you some money to help cover the cost of what has happened. Not for them, for you.

PS your English is wonderful! I helped my Exchange student to make sure she spoke very good English when she left, so she could open her own school after college. To teach English. The only thing I could never get her to say right, we have a store here called Home Depot. She called it Home Depeepee. lol I really miss her and hope she's succeeded in everything she's done. It's too hard for her to call me often. Her brother never got to spend the whole year with me and did not go well with the family they hosted him with, so there were a lot of problems. I tried to get them to let him come to me, but they didn't till the end. So I never got to help him as much as I did her, or I should say that I hope I did for her.

Petunia Mae Witherbottom
Landlubber

View Profile
for sale
« Reply #259 on: 2007 September 21, 14:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link brings up yet another change in the last couple hours.

http://www.pc-sims.com/smb/showthread.php?t=8719

clicking further, it says pc-sims is for sale. DETAILS: Domain Name pc-sims.com without content.!!!

From what I understand, only the website address, pc-sims.com is for sale. I guess there is nothing in the site. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Smithycpl
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: for sale
« Reply #260 on: 2007 September 22, 21:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Petunia Mae Witherbottom"
The link brings up yet another change in the last couple hours.

http://www.pc-sims.com/smb/showthread.php?t=8719

clicking further, it says pc-sims is for sale. DETAILS: Domain Name pc-sims.com without content.!!!

From what I understand, only the website address, pc-sims.com is for sale. I guess there is nothing in the site. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes it's only the domain name that's for sale.
But from what i see it is via a broker. (can get very expensive)
The content (database, posts, etc.) is on a providers server, that is something that isn't together with the domain name.
From what i can make of it, it seems like the content may already be deleted.
If they didn't pay server costs then i guess it's gone for good.
deathtotsr
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2007 September 23, 21:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is truly a shame what happened to that board. I enjoyed all the creations there and I'm so sad to see what happened there.
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2007 September 24, 18:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can this be the same person from 2003 or 04 who started the whole bs about my group

I believe that would be her Liz. Jan/Bev/Charlotte/etc. Causing trouble since 2001.  :x
Petunia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2007 September 25, 23:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "Irish Wench"
can this be the same person from 2003 or 04 who started the whole bs about my group

I believe that would be her Liz. Jan/Bev/Charlotte/etc. Causing trouble since 2001.  :x

omg omg I am shock who would say but like I said the would explain an email I recieved for her asking me if I was mad at here I have no words she cause me alot of hurt and   grief  way back when  Sad  thank you Irish Wench for clearing it up for me

Yup. :lol:   That be her.  :roll:  She reads here too, just so you know.

f a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
ingeli
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2007 September 26, 18:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any news on the SMB-files being posted on the graveyard, or anywhere?
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2007 September 26, 21:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People might be doing a "wait and see" approach. I'm not sure.

EDITED because the mods I listed are now in the Graveyard ... or will be soon. No need to "reinvent the wheel" and post them here.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: 2007 September 27, 03:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bunch of SMB files from when I visited in Jan and again in April. I got a bunch of older things, but anything much later than April, I probably don't have it.

If no one mirrors the files, I'll help people acquire stuff.

It will have to wait for a while, I'm swamped with school stuff and barely get a chance to sleep, much less anything else. But I may have something someone else doesn't.

Maybe if folks post what they are looking for, I can hunt them down. Stuff that needs multiple files to function, though, may be harder to dig out.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2007 September 28, 05:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ingeli"

it seems some of the files are on the graveyard now and the rest will be soon (according to the "news")
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2007 September 28, 17:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
Quote from: "ingeli"

it seems some of the files are on the graveyard now and the rest will be soon (according to the "news")

I'm sending more today. Liz sent me a bunch of files to send on also. I already sent all that I had. I just hope I'm sending them right. I couldn't find anything on how she wanted them sent. So just divided up the zips for her alphabetically that I had. Nouk can clobber me if I did it wrong.

ETA: Would some of the other people that were on SMB take a look in a few days at what all she has up. Then, send anything they notice is still missing? Or if you could please let me know what you see is still missing from them and I'll try to hunt them down. I have had a bunch of PM's about the Koisks. I don't know if I had them all, and the ready for Army, attorney/judge/courtroom stuff some didn't get all of. I had all the Courtroom stuff. I think I also sent on the mods to send and receive packages/postcards in the mail. To operate your own phone company, and the electric company. Liz sent me the ready for Army stuff, I only had a few of them. The working laundry stuff, and the salon things. As well as a lot more, we may cross over on. I never realized there was so much. lol Oh and PS everything seems to be working with BV. Smiley

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2007 September 28, 19:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea, so I have no-one to clobber Cheesy
The Graveyard is a stand-alone site, we just host it. The owner makes all the decisions Wink

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: