PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 17:45:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Maxoid Violet
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxoid Violet  (Read 5310 times)
Gemma
Landlubber

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« on: 2007 October 18, 22:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On The Sims 2 Forum BBS Maxoid Violet has posted to ask us for help to research/Resolve SecuROM Issues. I will copy here what was posted.

This is a message from the Senior Director of Support here at EA. He's put together a plan to better help us figure out these SecuROM issues. If you're interested in helping, please check out what he has to say!
~Violet
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Sims fans!

We have been tracking the SecuROM issues customers are reporting very closely. We are taking this issue seriously and are working with the Sims development team and Sony to understand the details of any problems you may be seeing. We have seen much more activity on the community forums over this issue than in our actual Customer Support queues and are having trouble finding more than a handful customers that are actually having conflicts that we cannot resolve. We have identified a few specific CD/DVD Drives that have conflicts with SecuROM. For most of those specific drives we have a solution that resolves the problems.

Given the community concern about other potential issues with SecuROM, we are asking for any customers that are experiencing issues to work directly with a special CS team that we have put together to address your concerns.

We have temporarily created a special email group for this issue: BVresearch@ea.com. Details on how to use this email group and what data we need from you can be found here:

http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/olh_adp.php?p_faqid=18254

All other customer support issues should continue to be submitted via the phone number in the back of the manual or http://easims.custhelp.com for resolution. Please note that we will disable the BV Research email group in a few days once we gather enough data so please get us your report as soon as you can if you’d like to help. Any issues submitted to this special email group may not receive a direct response unless more information is needed as we are currently in a research phase for the issues you are reporting.

I would like to thank those members of the Sims community that are already working with us. I would also like to thank in advance those that are willing to provide the information we are looking for that might help us lead to a final resolution. We remain committed to resolving these issues and look forward to hearing from you.

Boyd “DraconisRex” Beasley
Sr. Director, Customer Support
Electronic Arts, Inc.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=6fc9b39c5a0c0d324d7fa7ab307873a4&directoryID=211&startRow=1&hideFramework=true&openItemID=item.211,root.1,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 18, 22:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this needed it's own thread - why?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Petunia
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 18, 22:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm glad it is in a new thread becuase it made me notice it right away.

I am one of those  having problems and since the notice says they will disable it in a few days, I think it was a good thing. (See quote from text below.)

"Please note that we will disable the BV Research email group in a few days once we gather enough data so please get us your report as soon as you can if you’d like to help."

Just my opinion.  But thank you Gemma for the info.

Edited to add: If no one submits the info, EA will just say that no one responded, just like they did on the BBS.

f a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 18, 22:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Petunia"
Quote from: "calalily"

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm glad it is in a new thread becuase it made me notice it right away.

As opposed to putting it in the Maxoid Sam thread, which was right under this one - real useful.  :roll:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 19, 03:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flippin Christ! SOME of us with issues on our computers didn't build internet capable computers because we built them for gaming only, not godblasted internet games! GRRRRRR! I didn't build my machine with a wireless card because I don't want some hacking happy moron to try my system for practice! I also didn't want any games calling mommy to tell them that I put custom content in! They bloody know that Nero is one of the programs on their fucking list and that is what I had that goddamn well got zorched! They can kiss my ass if they're gonna find out my personal data because their little spy program is on my computer. I have found a way to pull my data off and I'm going to do that and then format over the shit they put on my fucking system and boycott the motherfuckers until they pull FUCK-U-ROM from their programming, or go bankrupt because of what they've done, but either way, I'm never going to buy another game from these dickless assholes in my entire gaming life, and I will make sure that no one in my family does, either! I'll make sure that no one I know buys another one of their shit games again, no matter how good they look because they put malware on our computers, without our consent or knowledge, then fucking try to weasle out of it... EA Games gave my computer an STD and then tries to deny it... uh huh, fuckweeds, then how do you explain the marks of herpes around your burners.... worthless bastards, hope your nuts fall into the shitter as you're taking one, it would serve you right...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
tgriffy
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 19, 03:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What can you do?  This situation is a lot like this:

Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 19, 06:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like a last ditch effort from EA to redeem themselves.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 19, 09:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I for one don't believe EA gives a damn about its customers. And as for someone at the BBS asking for your input, like that's going to solve the problem, after all, it does say the section will only be up for a short time. Since a great number of people don't even post at the BBS, but at other Sims2 community forums, I full expect EA to say the number of people with problems is negligible and whined up dismissing the entire problem.

And yes, this does belong in the Maxoid Sam thread.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 19, 12:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When did Microsoft bye EA?  Just kidding.  I feel as if we have all been a bunch of beta testers for them.  I'm awaiting my paycheck in the mail.  However, I still stand by the belief that Sony is getting a kick back from every game sold with their product on it.  And, I have yet to see where any problems have actually been resolved.  They can't even fix their own game, I don't want them in my pc trying to fix issues.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Petunia
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 19, 15:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I emailed them my info last night.  Will wait to see what happens.  

The other tech help wanted me to download some .exe file to run.  I said no way.  

So sent them the 3 reports they want.  

They keep saying that not that many people called to complain and the links they give above is to one of them where they say it's only 41 people out of 100,000 some games out there.

f a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 19, 16:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, not everyone who plays is into forums and stuff. Chances are some of them have no clue what's going on with it all. When I first started playing I didn't even know about CC, so they are pretty moronic if they think everyone who bought their game goes to the main site and reads.

And they are nuttier than squirrel shit if they think most of us are going to be peachy keen about letting them inot our systems to "repair" things. :roll:

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 19, 17:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I do not get is how they think a few days is sufficient to got all the data they need. There are over 100, 000 units of this game already sold and are still on store shelves. What about the poor clueless people who go pick up this game a month from now? Are they going to SOL because they missed the boat? And I agree, most the people I know who play this game don't ever look on the bbs, I mean they have never even been the main EA Sims site. Half of them even depend on me for for their CC, because they are too busy to go and download from everywhere. They just have me burn of as much of my folder as I can on a disk, Usually just my best stuff from Xm sims and hp, or Heleane. So those types of people are screwed because they do not even have the time or know how to go visit MATY for a decent fix.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
Maxoid Violet
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 20, 00:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That really sux to think about. Some poor kid out there who doesn't DL anything and suddenly after installing the game, CD/DVD player stops working or anti-virus shuts down, parents freak out cuz he fubar'ed the computer and end up spending alot of money getting it repaired.

All because they don't come online or don't have internet access & have no clue that SecuROM could be causing this or that EA included it in BV.

That is sooo fucked up.  :evil:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: