PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:56:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Booty on Bittorrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Booty on Bittorrent  (Read 12732 times)
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 03, 23:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say the next step is to create a site like Insim/MTS2, laid out just as much, and offer up the booty, preview pics and such. The forum here was one step, torrents was the next, so why not go all the way, and rub the paysites faces in it?They have that shitty Save the Sims forum/site. Slap it all up big and nice......

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 04, 02:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be fundamentally useless for TSR to spy on who is DOWNLOADING because the people downloading those files are either non-subscribers, making it pointless to download, or are subscribers, in which case it doesn't matter WHERE they get the files from afterwards.

The thought of instituting a torrent-based distribution structure where the current server helps to seed has been considered in the past and may be revisited if the need arises.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
zarah
Landlubber

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 05, 00:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they even know by the jpegs

how do they know by jpegs?  i've checked to see if the jpgs are watermarked, they're not, and it doesn't matter whether you're logged in or not, the jpg names are the same when saved to disk - it's not as though they are named differently each time they are accessed.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 05, 00:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose they could look at who is seeding, but the chances that the people seeding are still the original seed are small, and then the chances that the original seed was the same person who subscribed to put the stuff in the booty or on the torrent are even smaller, and yeah...it's not likely to be of any help to TSR.
naughty-nova
Landlubber

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 05, 04:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BionixWV"
I say the next step is to create a site like Insim/MTS2, laid out just as much, and offer up the booty, preview pics and such. The forum here was one step, torrents was the next, so why not go all the way, and rub the paysites faces in it?They have that shitty Save the Sims forum/site. Slap it all up big and nice......

*SQUEE!* Oh what fun that could be! and make all kinds of sims and Full Furnished homes and not worry Pay CC in it. OH the fun!
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 05, 04:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "naughty-nova"
*SQUEE!* Oh what fun that could be! and make all kinds of sims and Full Furnished homes and not worry Pay CC in it. OH the fun!

You can already do that at SFV. Wink

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 05, 05:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ash_Redfern"

You can already do that at SFV. Wink

Good point Ash. LOL

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
naughty-nova
Landlubber

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 05, 18:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh boy! * packs all her toys and runs off.  :twisted:
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 05, 21:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be fundamentally useless for TSR to spy on who is DOWNLOADING because the people downloading those files are either non-subscribers, making it pointless to download, or are subscribers, in which case it doesn't matter WHERE they get the files from afterwards.
Not so very. Non-paying tsr members may download/seed the torrent, and any peer that the TSR spy is connected to will display on their client. It's not *just* seeders who show up! Even in my 'I LOVE tsr' days I still used to browse the torrents for tsr pay-stuff, and if I had actually found anything, I woulda downloaded it and probably got banned from TSR pronto.

I mean, come on they banned me with NO proof at all that i'd file shared. They've done it to SFV members and they could do it to torrenters too. It's just a heads-up, really, letting people know TSR can and do spy on their own members.

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 06, 03:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but the point is, if you're a subscriber, you can *ALREADY* download TSR stuff from TSR. If you're NOT a subscriber, then you don't CARE if they ban you because you have nothing to lose!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
zarah
Landlubber

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 06, 06:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "zarah"
they even know by the jpegs

how do they know by jpegs?  i've checked to see if the jpgs are watermarked, they're not, and it doesn't matter whether you're logged in or not, the jpg names are the same when saved to disk - it's not as though they are named differently each time they are accessed.

anyone? bueller?
IcemanSimmer
Landlubber

View Profile
Thank You!!!
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 06, 20:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all!!! I found this site just a few hours ago through the exact same torrent at the top of the thread. I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the admins, members, and donators for such a kick ass site.

Just like all of you, I am a huge Sims 2 fanatic but sadly can't afford paying for some of the nicer custom content available at the paysites. I agree 100% with the aims of this site and am really excited that I found it.

Thank you all once again!!!! You guys rock!!!

Time to do some serious leeching off The Treasure Chest Smiley

Peace my fellow simmers...
CrimsonPrince
Landlubber

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 06, 21:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome Iceman!

Just a friendly note: you might want to move your thank you to the proper thread before the canon balls start flying your way...
Silver Arrows
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #28 on: 2007 November 07, 17:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GAH! That prick thoma$$ has got two of my torrents removed from mininova: the first misc one and the sunair one

so just to show him there's no hard feelings i've created three more torrents Wink

What I find strange however, is that T$R have been able to take down the torrents, yet EA have not been able to remove torrents of the actual game itself. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
If you're NOT a subscriber, then you don't CARE if they ban you because you have nothing to lose!
Nooooooooooooo! You still lose access to the free stuff, and some ppl like to be part of the storytelling community (the only thing I really miss about tsr). And before you say the free stuff is all crap anyway, I will say there is a lot of good  free stuff on TSR (how about asking ahthan Wink ). Yes its true you have to sift through a lot of crap to find it, but that is TSR's fault for having the kudos system, which encourages you to upload any old rubbish, just so u can get one step closer to the coveted minisite/free subscription day. Yes I was guilty of this too Wink

I'm trying to decide which TSR artist to torrent next. I thought windkeeper would have a lot of takers, but obviously not. They all just seem to want frickin peggy and her animated crap.

Silver Arrows
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #29 on: 2007 November 07, 17:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh btw someone mentioned in another thread about getting stuff removed from TSR (i forget which thread sorry). Actually it wasn't EA who got my stuff pulled from TSR. EA were absolutely feck all use. It was in fact finding out about the torrents that made TSR change their mind.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 27, 14:36:07 by Silver Arrows » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: