PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:33:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Booty on Bittorrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Booty on Bittorrent  (Read 12735 times)
TashaYarrr
ARR!

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« on: 2007 September 03, 16:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, some of it.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/847392

From the torrent-poster's blurb:

Don't want to give your money to TSR? Here is a selection of pay-only The Sims 2 content for free! Includes custom content from thesimsresource.com, birgit, holysimoly, rose sims2 and peggy sims2. 100% legal: EA has given users full rights to distribute ALL user-made custom content without permission! Thanks EA!

All files that crashed my game were removed, and all have been virus checked. Important: If you are a member of TSR they may check the IPs of downloaders and compare them to their members. You do risk your account being locked, so be careful!

Please keep this seeding! Thanks Smiley

Sounds like a local. Smiley

And no, I totally wasn't looking on bittorrent for an early release of BV. Why would you say that?

(P.S...this torrent's been up for about two weeks, which coincides with the time I've been away from the forums due to dead computers and the getting of a real job. Sorry if it's been discussed--I did look around and try a few searches first.)
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 03, 16:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool. More and more people are seeing the light.

Still watching you guys
TashaYarrr
ARR!

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 03, 16:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, interesting...the person who created the torrent included this link in the comments section on mininova, a link to their blog which lists all the contents of the torrent and has some other notes about it.

http://silverssimstuff.wordpress.com/2007/08/20/torrent/

It's not exactly exhaustive, but it's cool they went to the trouble.

Ha, their avatar is wearing a hair I created back before we knew how to extract meshes.

(Mods...I don't know if maybe linking the person's blog here is pushing their anonymity luck. They included the link in the comments section of the torrent itself, so it's already visible from mininova (a huge torrent site). Judgement call?)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 03, 16:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does look like a local.
Speak up matey...lol.
I'm not surprised to find this on that site, after all I've seen Sims pay content on Limewire, Kazaa etc... since sims 1 came out.
All those people who keep saying PMBD started this, they just conveniently forgot about the sharing that's been going on since the beginning, eh?

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 03, 16:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that while I was searching for something from TSR. I just thought it wasn't really worth commenting on here. They do this on several of the *are* boards too. Although most of theirs are HORRIBLY unorganized. All of the stuff thrown in one folder and Zipped.

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 03, 16:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, is the person who posted the torrent implying that the TSR mods can cull IP numbers from downloaders of the booty?  How is that possible, and wouldn't that be illegal?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, I'm a bit of a technonaif. :oops:

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 03, 19:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dietofworms"
Um, is the person who posted the torrent implying that the TSR mods can cull IP numbers from downloaders of the booty?  How is that possible, and wouldn't that be illegal?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, I'm a bit of a technonaif. :oops:

I believe the person who posted the torrent is implying that TSR may be able to cull the IPs of the downloaders of the torrent (not the booty) and compare those against the IPs of the TSR member list.  Smiley

Quote from: "TashaYarrr"
(Mods...I don't know if maybe linking the person's blog here is pushing their anonymity luck. They included the link in the comments section of the torrent itself, so it's already visible from mininova (a huge torrent site). Judgement call?)

I don't think it's pushing their anonymity luck. If you explore that blog further they flat out say who they are/were at TSR, that they are a member here and that their TSR account has already been banned. I don't think they care if people know about this.  :lol:

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 03, 20:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's me it's me! No mystery. I was wondering why my blog had got so popular these last few days, and now I know Smiley I wasn't trying to be anonymous at all - I want TSR to know it's me, I wanna hurt mr prat thoma$! If you'd looked at the why I left TSR post on my site you'd know it was me.

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 03, 20:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for answering, duckie, but I still don't get it.  How can someone check an IP from a third party source--e.g., TSR checking IP's of people downloading the torrent?  Is that info generally available to anyone? I mean, can just anyone go to a forum, let's say, and find out the IP's of the people who are posting, downloading, etc.?

(I really don't care if I'm banned from TSR, I haven't posted or otherwise participated in light years. That's not my issue.  But I'm shocked--SHOCKED--at the lack of privacy.)

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 03, 20:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can see all the IPs of peers on bit torrent clients. Just click on the peers tab (in utorrent) and all the peers you're connected to show up.

Ha, their avatar is wearing a hair I created back before we knew how to extract meshes.
I love that hair and the others you made Cheesy I use it a lot in my simmie stories.

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 03, 20:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay for torrents...definitely eliminates any bandwidth excuse.  Wink  And keeping down serverload here (when possible, while keeping all the files) is always good.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 03, 20:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even Moar:

http://www.mybittorrent.com/info/928868/
Code:
Files
Name Size
filetype birgit.zip 6.2 MB
filetype holysimoly.zip 17.2 MB
filetype misc HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.zip 32.7 MB
filetype paysites.mustbedestroyed.org.txt 256 b
filetype peggysims2.zip 19.4 MB
filetype rosesims2.zip 19.2 MB
filetype sims2luxe.zip 8.1 MB
filetype TSR-aikeaguinea.zip 16.3 MB
filetype TSR-anoeskab.zip 6.7 MB
filetype TSR-bitzybus.zip 826.8 kB
filetype TSR-bunny.zip 3.6 MB
filetype TSR-cashcraft.zip 4.1 MB
filetype TSR-cyclonesue.zip 7.1 MB
filetype TSR-evi.zip 494.5 kB
filetype TSR-neptunesuzy.zip 5.4 MB
filetype TSR-Simaddict99.zip 7.6 MB
filetype TSR-sims2sisters.zip 7.9 MB
filetype TSR-sunair.zip 4 MB
filetype TSR-waverly.zip 4.5 MB
filetype TSR-windkeeper.zip

This is the one I found while looking for pictures of some cashcraft stuff I wanted to download. All people have to type is "cashcraft tsr" to find this stuff.

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 03, 20:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for answering, duckie, but I still don't get it.  How can someone check an IP from a third party source--e.g., TSR checking IP's of people downloading the torrent?  Is that info generally available to anyone? I mean, can just anyone go to a forum, let's say, and find out the IP's of the people who are posting, downloading, etc.?

(I really don't care if I'm banned from TSR, I haven't posted or otherwise participated in light years. That's not my issue.  But I'm shocked--SHOCKED--at the lack of privacy.)

NO one, except Pescado, has access to the logs of who downloads from the Booty. NO one, except Pescado, knows the IPs of those downloading from the Booty. So far no one except LyricLee has had their Booty downloading log published or made public by him and he did that just to show what a hypocrite she is.

Also, no one can get the IP address of any member on this forum except for Pescado.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 03, 21:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, thanks duckie, I've got it.  I forgot that torrent is P2P.

--Pescado
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Booty on Bittorrent
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 03, 23:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SFV warns about this it is not impossible. Somehow TSR tracks their files by when and who downloaded it, they even know by the jpegs. Remember they make big bucks and probably paid someone to devise this system. File sharers cut their profits.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: