PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 14:28:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Simsecrets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simsecrets  (Read 10872 times)
Chris
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Simsecrets
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 28, 10:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

=watever=

torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
Simsecrets
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 28, 11:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Your Mother Has Scurvy"
KAWAII DESU
DESU
DESU
DESU

Omguh, see, I can speak Japanese.

LOL aren't I so smart?

aishiteru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

*gives you a cookie*

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Simsecrets
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 28, 17:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chris' posts are hard to read and confusing. Can someone translate what is being said for me?

...I miss the random gibberish...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
Simsecrets
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 28, 20:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol jesse
it wasn't that hard for me to understand him but it is a bit confusing.
I'll try translating Smiley

Chris was confused why simfan said people will donate for stuff you already have up there...what simfan meant was you don't need donation sets for people to donate...yet again let's point to Nouk as an example Cheesy
If your stuff is good (or at least decent) and you aren't a complete douchebag to your visitors, they will want to donate to help you out with the hosting fees when they can.

Chris also reiterated that Amel is desperate for donations because he used to "work" there and knows she hadnt gotten any from the point he started there til now apparently. He also said that he doesnt think she'll be getting any donations because he's tried her objects and they're shit. (I thought her site was mostly about clothes but he said objects so maybe he meant creations in general?)

Chris pointed out that she is updating every few days not only with free items but a donation set trying to push people into donating to her even though we all know she has gone for months before without updating nor responding to emails and just seems to fall off the planet then miraculously return with some dramatic story about how she was abducted by aliens or some shit (which reminds him of SeraSims--although I personally havent seen Sera be dramatic)

Amel doesnt seem to understand that she is a donation site, not strictly pay and not strictly free, but in the damn middle. She not only has donation sets but she repeatedly pushes the donation sets to try to get donations (Chris mentioned this at the end of his post)....she seems to think that there are only two options--free or pay...and since she's not FORCING anybody to pay for all her shit, then she must be a free site. No matter how many people explain to her that she's mistaken, she seems to get offended and proclaim BUT EVERYTHING IS FREE EXCEPT 1% (but since she originally started that thread with "everything free but 3 donation sets", she has updated like 2 or three times each time with a new donation set).....the last time she updated the thread there she completely ignored simfan's post like she's done debating the issue.

Chris feel free to correct me if my translation was wrong Smiley
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Simsecrets
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 28, 20:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray for taking things literally and actually translating! Thank you.

This Amel person seems foolish. And if indeed she's recieved no donations, and is still around, then surely it would indicate that she doesn't need them. FIE ON HER!

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
Simsecrets
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 28, 21:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i couldn't tell for certain if you were kidding and he did confuse me a bit too i had to re-read it about 3 times before i figured out what he meant
And the translation only took 2 minutes, wouldnt have taken as long if i hadnt added my own thoughts to it lol
Look at the url she chose for the site: simsecrets.biz <<biz as in business...which you're not really supposed to register unless you are a business but whatever, she obviously considers it to be one no matter how much she protests.
I took a look at her traffic rankings on alexa.com and she and I have had the same amount of traffic since my site opened (she was open a whole year before me though where she was getting more traffic than she currently is)...and I am going to use nouk as an example again but she has gotten slightly more traffic this whole year than Amel (and me) yet amel is the only one who was entirely pay at one point and is now pushing donation sets...Nouk seems to get more donations though lol

Take a look:
http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?u=simsecrets.biz&u=noukiesims2.net&u=&u=&u=&r=1y&y=r&z=1&h=400&w=700

her host: http://www.oxyd.fr/
i have no idea which plan she's on but it seems to be more expensive than any of the american hosting plans I've looked at (or maybe my currency convertor is wrong? lol)
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Simsecrets
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 28, 22:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, oxyd.fr is very expensive. Bandwith is said to unlimited, but the first plan ("bronze") comes with 5 mo, which costs 12€ yearly. The "platinium" is about 2000 mo and it costs 336€. You'll have to add a 10€ on that if you buy a domain as well (.biz = 10€). :roll:

People don't know how to search.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Simsecrets
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 28, 23:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But doesn't platinum mean it's really awesomely cool?  Or have the paysites been lying to me again?
Chris
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Simsecrets
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 29, 07:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wicked_one, you got it all right but i was short on time lol to write it do i just worte it and hoped people would understand.

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Simsecrets
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 29, 23:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fear not, I'm easily confused...Wink

Also, OF COURSE Platinum means something's awesome! Like when something is designer...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Chris
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Simsecrets
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 30, 05:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

=watever=

wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
Simsecrets
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 30, 16:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Chris"
and shes only open cuz shes a lawyer so she can aford it for awile

a lawyer? wouldn't she be able to come up with better stories and umm better arguments when shes debating? lol
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: