PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:32:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Would Anyone Care to Chime In?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Would Anyone Care to Chime In?  (Read 39295 times)
caryse
Landlubber

View Profile
Would Anyone Care to Chime In?
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 27, 07:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered what that meant.

I thought maybe it was an acronym for something, heh.

Danke.

C.

----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GL !d s--:+ a- C+++ U P L+ E? W++ N o? K? w-- O? M-- V? PS+++ PE-- Y+ PGP t !5 !X R tv+ b++++ !DI D- G++ e* h---- r+++ x+++**
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 27, 07:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quinctia"
Hopefully my "no one else does this, Simmers are being hoodwinked" will make a nice point...

However, if that Kaibon keeps randomly using the Japanese pronoun for "you," I will pitch a bitchfit.

That's what "anata" means, and that's why you assumed she was accusing someone else of rolling eyes at her, I suppose.  She keeps randomly saying it and it makes absolutely no sense.

What's with the first name-ish usage over there, anyway?  Anywhere else on the internet, it's ridiculously rude to just assume you can use someone's first name.

Its ridiculously rude to use anyones first name *anywhere* unless you know them well.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 27, 07:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "caryse"
I wondered what that meant.

I thought maybe it was an acronym for something, heh.

Danke.

C.

I think it's short for:  Watashiwa baka desune?  (I'm an idiot, aren't I?)

I wish I had more than a semester of Japanese sometimes. Cheesy  But I was done with school after that, and I'm not going to pay tuition at a crappy commuter college for third rate foreign language classes.

I have this thing.  Once I know a language, I get very aggravated at people tossing it around to look smart.  I'm worst with Latin, cause I pretty much got fluent in it (as fluent as you can get with something dead, anyway).  I have to sit on my hands every time someone on the internet can't spell per se.
caryse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 27, 07:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this thing.  Once I know a language, I get very aggravated at people tossing it around to look smart.  I'm worst with Latin, cause I pretty much got fluent in it (as fluent as you can get with something dead, anyway).  I have to sit on my hands every time someone on the internet can't spell per se.

Heh.

Are there many people who correctly use per se but can't spell it? That thought is vaguely terrifying.

I do my best to ignore spelling and obvious grammar errors when I encounter them, for my own sanity. My husband calls me a grammar nazi.

C.

GL !d s--:+ a- C+++ U P L+ E? W++ N o? K? w-- O? M-- V? PS+++ PE-- Y+ PGP t !5 !X R tv+ b++++ !DI D- G++ e* h---- r+++ x+++**
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 27, 07:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
In one of your posts, on Page 2, you state that someone pays $60/month for unmetered bandwidth.  I think you probably meant $60/year. Wink

Whoops. My mistake. I think I'll go and correct that actual post and not make a new one, since that might be a touchy subject for them. You know, their getting ripped off for paying for file space and everything.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 27, 07:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "caryse"

Heh.

Are there many people who correctly use per se but can't spell it? That thought is vaguely terrifying.

It's "per say," dontcha know?  Sometimes one word, sometimes two.

I think it's one of those "I've heard it, but I've never seen it" things.  Most people spell it wrong, and I can't recall ever seeing it really used wrong.  It's really weird to me.
caryse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 27, 07:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one mistake that really, really bothers me, to the point of wanting to jab people with pointy sticks, is could of/should of etc.

I get that could've and could of sound vaguely similar, but could of just makes NO SENSE.

Now that one really drives me batty.

C.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 27, 07:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's bad.

I hate random apostrophe's...er, I mean, random apostrophes. Cheesy  I think that's my worst thing in English errors.  When I was in college, I hung a print out of Bob the Angry Flower's Guide to Using the Apostrophe on my doors, and ninja added/removed apostrophes off of fliers (whatever made them CORRECT) with a Sharpie I kept in my backpack.

I didn't major in English or anything with tons of writing.  I majored in Biology.
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 27, 07:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given the fact that someone is 'getting a headache' from people using 'big words,' I'm wondering how long it's going to be until the thread is locked just to simplify matters.  :roll:

However, I've got to say that it was nice to find a paysite that's actually allowing a discussion of the issue to take place on their forum. It's a start.  Smiley
caryse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 27, 07:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and ninja added/removed apostrophes off of fliers (whatever made them CORRECT) with a Sharpie I kept in my backpack.

Heh. I used to do that too.

C.

Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 27, 08:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
Hey, wait a minute, just a chunk? Which chunk would that be? I thought our subscription fees were going to pay for Pescado's bunker, TJ's doghouse, and, er.... Crammyboy's cock?

Good point! They don't allow linking to any forum that contains objectionable material, and MATY does contain Crammyboy's cock mod, so technically, linking anyone to anywhere on the site is bad. I think that may have slipped past their notice. *ponders*
NoComment
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 27, 08:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can say I have been lurking on this post and the board for the past couple of hours, and I too am a member of boolprop, although I am hoping by not using my username they won't catch on if they are watching this post  :lol: I have downloaded alot of the items you guys have, that I can't afford to donate to recieve. The site aims to be child friendly, not allowing children to post pictures, no foul language, and no adult type post, probably the reason as Denimjo said they will not allow the direct link, that and the "stealing" of files is frowned upon. Ah well, if I go to hell for ripping off creators at least I die happy. Yesss, I am free to CUSS!  :mrgreen:
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 27, 09:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "NoComment"
I can say I have been lurking on this post and the board for the past couple of hours, and I too am a member of boolprop, although I am hoping by not using my username they won't catch on if they are watching this post

I could be way off on this, but the mods there don't strike me as the types to ban someone from their own site just because they happened to have registered here.

I have downloaded alot of the items you guys have, that I can't afford to donate to recieve.

Ah, good! Another looter-of-booty that hasn't cost the pay sites a dime!

The site aims to be child friendly, not allowing children to post pictures, no foul language, and no adult type post, probably the reason as Denimjo said they will not allow the direct link, that and the "stealing" of files is frowned upon.

At least they're allowing the discussion to take place, despite the fact that the site owner (Jennifer) has come right out and says that she disapproves of file-sharing. That's something that I can respect, since I've seen very little of that maturity on most Sims 2 sites (even some Sims 2 LiveJournals won't allow discussion of it or links (both direct and indirect) to forums like these).
NoComment
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 27, 09:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just feel that posting a link should be allowed, most of the people on boolprop are young kids who can't afford to pay for things...why not let them download pay stuff for free? I think alot of members wanted the link, but it wasn't allowed to share  :lol:
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 27, 09:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My simple solution to "child friendly" is that children are not allowed, because I hate kids. All users are required to convincingly pretend to be over 12. Says so in registration.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: