PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 02:22:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Save the Sims Community Forum
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Save the Sims Community Forum  (Read 74731 times)
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Save the Sims Community Forum
« Reply #150 on: 2007 August 25, 22:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "kathy"
I am tempted to ban everyone on insim who is associated with this bullshit smear campaign. I dunno, I think as long as we entertain these people and allow them to run ammock in the community spewing their hatred the more they will keep it up.

If they're spamming the shit out of the forums like a couple 'tards on MTS2 tried to (I haven't been around Insim for a while, so I don't know) you're probably better off doing just that. This is just tiresome now.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 August 26, 00:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes me wonder if they had a thing going or something.

And then I realize that I am using brain cells on Delphy and LyricLee's personal lives, and that literally anything else would be more productive and enjoyable.

FrenchOnion
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 August 26, 00:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit! I am always late to the party... :roll:

but I'd still like to be on record for this issue as having said this:

:shock:

That being said, I'd also like to add:

What. The. Fuck. Are. These. People. ON?!

That's fine though. They can have the Sims Community. I was more interested in saving the Sims2 community anyways.  :lol:

P.S. @ Sparkle - Actually, I picture MIKEY!! more like one of those pent up, tie-wearing, middle management retards in a big SUV, who tailgates you and cuts you off in traffic because he's pissed off about the fact that, even though he thinks he is full of awesome he knows deep down that everyone he knows secretly despises him and that he can't deal with his problems like an adult --who beats off to nekkit sims IN THE NIIIIGHT!  :lol:

P.P.S. I've read up on the Lyric Lee history but I am a little fuzzy on the fatcs of why her attack on Delphy "is unfounded" though I've no doubt that it is all some trumped up bs and that she is loco. Seriously though, doesn't he have enough *evidence* to sue her for defamation at this point?! I would think he would anyway. What she is doing to him seems beyond wicked and truly unlawful. Poor him. That's lame.  :cry:
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 August 26, 22:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is how I feel about their so-called forum:

This is how I imagine Lyric thinks about being fired at MTS2:

And this is what eventually will happen to paysites:

Yes, kind of long I know, but there was a STORY to be told... And the story is, after all, why we're here in the end when all is said and done.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 August 27, 02:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROTFLMFAO

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 August 27, 02:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:roll:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 August 27, 03:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My God, that sounds like my mother-in-law!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 2007 August 27, 04:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"So i sez to mildred, i sez" LOL

That is so cute! Thank You for the laugh Requip :lol:

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

KagomeKagome
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 August 28, 01:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that I tend to lurk around these forums (and most other Sims-related forums), but it's usually because everyone has already beaten me to the punch when it comes to my personal feelings and beliefs on this paysites subject, and I feel rather foolish posting a stupid "I agree!!1!" post.  :roll:

In any case, I'm speaking up right now because after reading through this thread, I find myself growing more and more aggravated with EA.  Everyone already knows how Will Wright/Maxis feels on this subject, but EA can't seem to settle on one solid thing, and now it's becoming apparent that they're giving everyone who emails a different flippant response.  Which is complete bullshit, considering this gives idiots like Greg, MIKEY!!!, and their ilk "ammo" to use in this "war".  The whole lot of this mess is EA's fault for trying to play all sides in a greedy attempt to keep customers placated.

I have put a lot of money -- and I do mean a LOT -- into EA's and Maxis' pockets over the years.  I suppose I'll be firing out a wonderfully polite letter asking them why I should continue to do so if they can't come up with simply ONE GODDAMN STANCE on this whole paysites issue.  If they don't wish to piss off fans by condemning paysites, then fine -- at least acknowledge in all correspondence in NICE BOLD LETTERS that EA/Maxis SUPPORTS filesharing of ANY files pertaining to The Sims 2.  Then we won't have to keep hearing about how PMBD is filled with thieves who belong in prison.  Paysites will continue to sell their shit, people will continue to fileshare everything, no one will be able to do anything about it, the ridiculousness will stop, and we'll all be one big lovely happy dysfunctional family again.  :lol:

I'd certainly love to see all paysites go up in flames because I'm an "old skool" gamer who is used to people making and sharing mods for free just to add to the gaming experience...an ideal that always escapes TS2, sadly (and a few other newer games).  I feel that all modders in it for the money should be laughed at by the collective gaming community.  Honestly, the concept of paying for a fanmade mod that may end of breaking the game...well, it's certainly not tolerated in other gaming communities.   However, I'm not that optimistic, nor am I naive; I realize that paysites have been around since TS1, and sadly, they'll probably continue onto TS3...unless EA finally does something about them then.

Just my two cents, and to let you know to expect an EA letter from me...if they give me a damn response, that is.  I'd also like to take this time to *wave* to armywife whom I've already met in another paysites thread.  Tongue
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 August 28, 02:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA did call me back today, I didn't think they would, because they said they were going to look at that site and call me back. They are not tickled by that website at all. They have no intentions of supporting paysites. The guy said why would we support paysites? We couldn't even if we wanted too. Do they think we are stupid? If we openly supported paysites, then they can come after us when their stuff shows up on the BBS! That is not going to happen. I don't know where these people get these things from. I said your guess is as good as mine. Oh and second confirmation they are not changing the EULA to support paysites or for the game. I think the guy said his name was Edward? I didn't get to talk to him long because he called and the babies were screaming in the bg, playing with each other and he talked really softly.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2007 August 28, 03:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "HawkGirl"
The guy said ... I don't know where these people get these things from.

Where do they get these things from? From that fact that EAxis hasn't made an official statement on their position anywhere. Since EAxis hasn't explicitly said in a medium which can't be refuted (ie posting it on The Sims 2 official site) that paysites are against their EULA, paysites take this to mean they are well within their right to charge for content. Seriously, EAxis needs to take official action instead of this ambiguous fence sitting and statements that amount to hearsay. I appreciate your efforts in obtaining this information but until they make an official statement the information you've provided amounts to a huge pile of "he said/she said" with nothing to back it up.

I'm sick of EAxis doing nothing. They need to shit or get off the damn pot.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 August 28, 03:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Duckie"
Quote from: "HawkGirl"
The guy said ... I don't know where these people get these things from.

Where do they get these things from? From that fact that EAxis hasn't made an official statement on their position anywhere. Since EAxis hasn't explicitly said in a medium which can't be refuted (ie posting it on The Sims 2 official site) that paysites are against their EULA, paysites take this to mean they are well within their right to charge for content. Seriously, EAxis needs to take official action instead of this ambiguous fence sitting and statements that amount to hearsay. I appreciate your efforts in obtaining this information but until they make an official statement the information you've provided amounts to a huge pile of "he said/she said" with nothing to back it up.

I'm sick of EAxis doing nothing. They need to shit or get off the damn pot.

I seriously doubt we will get any official statement. If we do it will be a small miracle. I went the show recently for Spore. I got the feeling there they are not ready, nor will they ever be ready to draw a line in the sand. They don't want to loose fans on either side. Which is why they are making CC for Spore and Sims 3 the way they are. Like everyone else I have emails and not from Customer Support or Tech Support. But they do no good, because like you said actions speak louder than words. At the show I tried hard to ask direct questions. I got told. We know about the Pirates, we know about Paysites, we know people are posting Paysite things on the BBS, have we tried to stop any of it? No. Will there be paysites for Sims 3? NO! Is the same technology that is incorporated in Spores also going to be incorporated into Sims 3? Yes. So what's to stop them from coming up with a way to have a paysite? There will be no paysites for Sims 3 was my answer. What he said today did make sense though think about it, if they give approval to paysites, that's basically giving them right to claim copyright to their content. Which means they could turn around and sue EA as well for allowing their things to be posted on the BBS. EA is not that stupid, so made perfect sense to me. They would also set themselves up with lawsuits from us as well that did follow the EULA for violating their own contract. I can feel the emotional distress coming on now, can't you?

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: 2007 August 28, 04:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they're waiting for Sims 3 to shit then they'd better have one hell of a big pot to catch it all.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 2007 August 28, 04:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is of course, that unless they make some sort of definitive statement, paysites are already set to go.  TSR has the "Spore Resource" already set up - ready to capitalise on it.

There will be paysites up and going from the first day release of Spore, and then what are they going to do? Alienate their fans.  Personally, I think they're better off releasing their last ep, and then making a statement.

Oh, and possibly setting up a site that says "I am a paysite owner, and I intend to buy sims disks and burn them in protest" - that way they get lots of sales to paysite owners  :lol:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2007 August 28, 04:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand how the release of Sims 3 will put a stop to Sims 2 paysites. Do they really think that everyone is going to immediately drop Sims 2 and upgrade to Sims 3? That didn't happen with Sims 1 when Sims 2 was released. Anything changed in the custom content policy and creation techniques released with Sims 3 will apply only to Sims 3. If they want to stop Sims 2 paysites they have to address that problem specifically. Sims 3 is actually rather irrelevant to the Sims 2 paysite problem. Now, if they are planning on issuing a statement saying Sims 2 paysites are against the Sims 2 EULA at the time they release Sims 3 that's another thing but that's not what I'm reading. I'm reading that they think the release of Sims 3 will clear up the Sims 2 paysite problem and it won't. It's apples and oranges.

I'm not ranting at you, HawkGirl. I just do not get their logic.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: