PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:48:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"  (Read 36238 times)
Ferris
Landlubber

View Profile
New site - "Downloads for a good Purpose"
« Reply #120 on: 2007 September 24, 07:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I translated it:

I think it's a good idea.
Donating directly through Paypal can't be realized, I called WWF, Unicef, Greenpeace and BUND, and none of them has a Paypal account.
Most of them didn't even know what Paypal is, and all said they won't have a Paypal account because of the extra fees.
But I thought that somewhere on the Paypal page I read that charities don't have to pay the fees.
Anyway those organizations don't seem to know about that, or aren't interested in.
Unfortunately we'll have to donate via bank transfer, then request a donation reciept and upload it.
Best without interruption - what's transferred from Paypal to the bank account, account statement, donation reciept. *sigh*
If not, they'll say we're scamming anyway.
Some people also complained about not being able to decide which to organization their money goes to.
Maybe we should define where the money goes, and announce that at the site.
Then, if we collected enough to donate, we can switch to another charity, and announce that at the site.
So everyone knows where their money goes.

-------------End of quote julsfels----------------

Roxelanes answer:

What's the use of a "donation by hook or by crook" anyhow?
What or whom hinders bluesea or julsfels to donate to whomsoever?
Just like everyone does who wants to.
Transfer the money, get the donation reciept, done.
For me this whole thing doesn't look like an altruistic donation.
It is absolutely clear, that you do everything to get a big, fat advertising via organizations like WWF or Unicef, without spending a single dime yourself.
Seen in context with this organizations, it's just ugly.
Because what is sold, is not the property of Bluesea nor julsfels, nor the othes, it is and will be property of EA.
You don't spend a single dime, get the cash from others, lord it over the charities and along the way the website will remain under discussion.
To fight something like this on the backs of the charities is just kinky, and once more it shows the mindset and moral of some people in the Sims world.
Notable is, that even the Simforum is in game, what you can clearly see from Bluesea's website.
Advertising, fame, publicity, fought on the backs of the charities, without doing anything for it, without donating a single dime themselves.
It can't get worse.
It's a dirty little story, just as the whole behavior of this forum is, when it comes to paysites, and the stance of this forum on licensing terms, on justice and law,
and the attitude that anything goes, as long as the forum and some creators can make use of it, and it boosts the marketing.
-------End Roxelane's reply---------

By "this forum" she means the Simforum, as it's been originally posted there. Wink
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 September 24, 08:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "harlequingirls"
Why is PayPal so popular anyway?

Paypal is popular for the simple reason that they unscrupulously lock out their competition until they are the only game in town. Since there simply *IS* no viable alternative, Paypal is thus the only choice, despite the fact that they are fraudsters and thieves.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 September 24, 08:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bluesea"
Hello!
I am the Owner of the Project and i would like to comment your posts, sure i dont get your affliance or trust - but thats another theme - i only want to comment yor posts because some of them are not right ...

Moreover the second projectowner have contact you circa 2 month ago and asked if you would like to be so nice and do not upload our files to your booty - the answer was that you dont wanna post our file, you only want to post payfiles if the money is going for the personallity life or something like this ... of course you thought that the donations are for my personallity life but im sure you will have this opinion at every payfile ...

Quote from: "Requip"
She's posted how much they've collected so far with a list via paypal.  :roll: So ....................where is the information that she's forwarded the money collected on to the charities?  :wink:

http://freenet-homepage.de/bluesea/

We will show you our donation to the organisation as soon as we got the paypalimfornation from the organisations! wait a short time and you will see that the money is going to the organisations!
Of course we can donate at another way but it will be the easiest and best way to donate over paypal!

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Quote from: "calalily"

Notice too, that the price has been hiked. Now 3 euro instead of 1 euro.

That's probably because they realized that one euro just about covers the Paypal fees and doesn't leave anything for anyone else.

absolutely right, as you can see if we got a donation of 1,00€ we received 63 Cent - of course every Donation is great but we would like to be helpfully! Moreover it was the Rule to donate a Minimum of 3,00€ ...

Has anybody some Questions else?

If you really wanted to help these charities, you would send them to do the donations at the charities you support. You can even make a link that lets the charity know they came via your website. Then you both, you and the donator get credit from the charity. Which helps you both on your taxes. You could have them make the donation to the charity, send you the confirmation. Then, send them the gift. I mean is it more important for you to feel important by passing the money over to the charity yourself, so you can feel good about yourself? Or is more important to actually help the charity? They have to wait till you do the donations to use the money, if the people go and donate right away, even if you make it so they donate in your name or your website. They have the money right away and can put it to go use right there and then, instead of waiting. They can't get a tax credit if they donate to you and you donate to the charity, which by the way you are supposed to have "Posted" on your webpage, the fact that they cannot claim it as a charitible contribution if they donate through your website. I see nowhere on your website. Like they can if they donate directly to the charity. It will help your customers to also feel confident they are giving to a worthy cause, and not to line your pockets.

Quote from: "Roxelane"
julsfels

Das finde ich auch eine gute Idee. Das Spenden direkt per Paypal wird eh nicht zu verwirklichen sein - ich habe mit dem WWF, Unicef, Greenpeace und dem BUND telefoniert, und keiner hat ein Paypal-Konto. Die meisten wußten nicht mal, was das ist, und alle waren der Meinung , das sie das nicht machen würden wegen der zusätzlichen Gebühren. Allerdings war ich der Meinung, dass ich irgendwo mal bei Paypal gelesen habe, dass gemeinnützige Organisationen keine Gebühren zahlen müssen. Das scheinen die aber nicht zu wissen bzw. es besteht kein Interesse . Wie werden wohl leider per Überweisung spenden müssen, dann eine Spendenquittung anfordern und die dann online stellen müssen. Am besten vermutlich lückenlos, also Paypal Ausgang aufs Konto - Kontoauszug von der Überweisung - Spendenquittung *seufz*. Sonst heisst es wahrscheinlich eh wieder, wir würden betrügen. Ein paar Leute haben auch bemängelt, dass sie nicht mitentscheiden können, an wen gespendet wird. Vielleicht sollte man vorher festlegen, an wen die Spende gehen soll und das dann auf der Seite ankündigen. Wenn man dann einen Betrag zusammen hat, der hoch genug zum Spenden ist, kann man dann ja nach der Überweisung wechseln und das dann wieder ankündigen. Dann weiß jeder Bescheid, an wen das Geld geht.
__________________ Zitat finish Julsfels

Irgend wie erschließt sich mir nicht der Sinn einer derartigen "Spendenaktion auf Krampf." Was oder wer hindert Bluesea und Julsfels wem auch immer eine Spende zukommen zu lassen? So wie es jeder Mensch tut, der das vorhat. Geld überweisen, Spendenquittung bekommen, fertig. Für mich sieht das nicht nach einer uneigennützigen Spende aus. Es ist ganz offensichtlich, dass hier alles getan wird, um über Organisationen wie Unicef und WWF eine schöne, satte Werbung zu bekommen, ohne dafür selbst einen Cent einzusetzen. Im Zusammenhang mit diesen Organisationen gesehen einfach nur unschön. Denn was verkauft wird, sind Dinge die weder Bluesea noch Julsfeld noch den anderen Erstellern gehören, es ist und bleibt Eigentum von EA. Man setzt keinen eigenen Cent ein , kassiert von anderen das Geld und spielt gegenüber den Organisationen den großzügigen Maxen und ganz nebenbei bleiben die Websiten im Gespräch. So etwas auf dem Rücken von Hilfsorganisationen auszutragen ist einfach nur abartig und zeigt einmal mehr, von welcher Mentalität und Moral ein Teil der Leute ist, die sich in der Simswelt bewegen. Bemerkenswert dabei, dass auch das Simforum mit von der Partie ist, wie auf der Website von Bluesea deutlich hervorgeht. Werbung, Ruhm, Bekanntheit auf dem Rücken von Hilfsorganisationen, ohne einen Finger zu rühren, ohne einen Cent zu spenden. Noch schlimmer geht nimmer. Eine schmutzige Geschichte, wie das ganze Verhalten zum Thema Pay und die Einstellung in diesem Forum zu den Lizenzbestimmungen, zu Rechten und Gesetzen und der Haltung, dass alles erlaubt ist, solange es dem Forum und einigen Erstellern nützt und die Vermarktung ankurbelt.

You might also want to add in, they may not accept paypal, but they do accept debit/mastercard/visa cards from around the world. They also allow you to pay through your checking account from around the world, which you also have to have to have a paypal account. My membership fees come directly out of my checking account. The same as paypal uses, without the extra charges.

They can also go here:
http://www.networkforgood.org/

Which allows them to donate to over 25,000 charities, through paypal including the ones mentioned and doesn't withhold the paypal funds from the charities. When they needed emergency relief for the people that were hit with the tsunami, I went here and donated to over 20 charities at one time to help out. I did it that way because I knew they worked in different area's. So I knew it would get more help quicker to the people. I did the same thing when the hurricane hit New Orlean's and surrounding regions.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2007 September 24, 09:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wrote Hawkgirl

If you really wanted to help these charities, you would send them to do the donations at the charities you support. You can even make a link that lets the charity know they came via your website. Then you both, you and the donator get credit from the charity. Which helps you both on your taxes. You could have them make the donation to the charity, send you the confirmation. Then, send them the gift. I mean is it more important for you to feel important by passing the money over to the charity yourself, so you can feel good about yourself? Or is more important to actually help the charity? They have to wait till you do the donations to use the money, if the people go and donate right away, even if you make it so they donate in your name or your website. They have the money right away and can put it to go use right there and then, instead of waiting. They can't get a tax credit if they donate to you and you donate to the charity, which by the way you are supposed to have "Posted" on your webpage, the fact that they cannot claim it as a charitible contribution if they donate through your website. I see nowhere on your website. Like they can if they donate directly to the charity. It will help your customers to also feel confident they are giving to a worthy cause, and not to line your pockets.

You say the truth, I agree to you fully
 :?

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 September 24, 15:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course we can donate at another way but it will be the easiest and best way to donate over paypal!

I called WWF, Unicef, Greenpeace and BUND, and none of them has a Paypal account. Most of them didn't even know what Paypal is,

on the Paypal page I read that charities don't have to pay the fees.

:shock: So she doesn't know what the hell she's doing? Or is this proof it's bullsh**?  :roll: Oh, and how fabulous......they've raised 20 bucks.  :wink:

Wouldn't it be better to just send the 20 bucks YOURSELF? (Bluesea) Doesn't matter as all your crap is in the booty (not that anyone wants it)  :?

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: 2007 September 24, 15:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shakes head in wonder*

I'm just lost on where she sees the logic in this site.
Paypal....no go. Obviously not the best way to attempt something like this at all.
Of course, it's not a wise desicion to attempt it period.
IMO this is your best bet:

Redo your site.
Make all of the downloads free.
Put links everywhere to the charities you wish people to donate too.
Allow the people to do it themselves and get the sims crap whether or not they donate to the charities.

That is the only way you'll be legally clear. And it's also the only way the "community" will accept what you are attempting to do.
Just put a disclaimer at the bottom:
If you like our site and downloads, please donate to a charity of your choice and we will display your name (or not) etc..etc..etc...

Otherwise, 20 bucks may be all you get...no one wants to give YOU money and trust that YOU will give it to whomever you are claiming. The reciepts can be easily forged, dippy. No matter what, there will be people hounding you because of this silly idea you've had.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
woes_wee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 September 30, 05:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a remix of the
 Pure Sims con that was pulled on many of us when that site opened with pay sets.
She "claimed" the money was going to a reputable kids charity. Only to have us find out later it went no where but her POCKET.  :x

I will continue to support my favorite Non profits and take the gift of knowing I helped. It is after all a much better one then taking a chance just for a few downloads that in all reality sorry are not all that.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2007 September 30, 13:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "woes_wee"
Sounds like a remix of the
 Pure Sims con that was pulled on many of us when that site opened with pay sets.
She "claimed" the money was going to a reputable kids charity. Only to have us find out later it went no where but her POCKET.  :x

I will continue to support my favorite Non profits and take the gift of knowing I helped. It is after all a much better one then taking a chance just for a few downloads that in all reality sorry are not all that.

And I think Sasilla kept calling us 'silly assholes' when we called her on it...apparently that's the only insult she knows in English.  (And yes, she's one of the Teutonic Twats...are we surprised?)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 September 30, 21:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have added a List to show you our Donations! We will send the Money to the Organisations at the next few days.

This has been there since she posted here. "We will send the money to the organizations at the next few days"  :roll:

Ummmm.............................BULLSHIT!!!?Huh!!!

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: