PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:16:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SFV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SFV  (Read 154299 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: SFV
« Reply #450 on: 2008 March 17, 20:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pfft. Well if it stays down long, you can get a subdomain with me. We only go down whenever someone farts in our general direction ROTFL

Inactive
Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2008 March 17, 20:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A simple, "Due to personal issues, donations are requested at this time to help get the forum on it's feet.  Please give anything you can via x to get to our tentative goal of x.  Thanks for your support," posted on SFV would go a long way towards making it a more inclusive situation without being terribly specific. Sure, there are going to be people who bother you for more information, but that's always going to happen. 

Coming to another forum, rather than posting on your own, is going to cause questions just like the ones already asked.  I get that rds is kinda playing monkey in the middle.  SIH(understandably) has bigger fish to fry, and rds is trying to satisfy those asking questions.  If you have time to email, you can delegate some responsibility to another willing soul.  If you really don't want to deal with the hassle, then just close down the forum altogether and let the chips fall where they may.

That's just my 2 cents, with no ax to grind, based on what I've seen here and other sites since the forum went down this last time.

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2008 March 18, 00:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like the idea of a wcif here because I like reading and finding them. And at least the wcifs will be (hopefully) contained to one area so they can be (hopefully) easily avoided by anyone who is annoyed by them.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2008 March 18, 00:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Temp forum is back up.  Grin

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2008 March 18, 12:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Paden, I loved your post.  Whether you're writing from the heart or some other part of your anatomy, you always seem to get right to it Smiley

I'd like a WCIF, too.  My questions are usually obscure and no one can help much on other forums.  Plus, I like to help in the rare instance when I actually remember where I got something. Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Lourdes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2008 March 21, 17:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My my things have certainly changed. I remember when SIH was on Geocities with one picture of a bed going neener neener.  Roll Eyes

Yes I know I am late to this but I agree with everyone here this stinks. Do we even know for sure that this RDS person is actually in contact with SIH or that they aren't taking the opportunity to profit from the demise of SFV. I haven't seen SIH post anything just alot or relaying back and forth.

I'm not being mean but ya know when you've seen this sorta thing since the Sim 1 days you kinda get good at sniffing out the shit even when its been sprayed down with Gucci.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2008 March 21, 18:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all being taken care of without the possibility of scams, so not to worry Smiley

Inactive
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2008 March 22, 05:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rds is a personal friend of SIH, not just over the internet but in RL as well.  She is also a moderator over at the SFV.
Nouk is right, we are taking care of things to the best of our knowledge (and Nouks help has been priceless) and a few of us have set up a forum somewhere else.

http://www.simscave.com/ferris/index.php

It's not the SFV, whether the SFV comes back up is beyond our knowledge - but we've set up a place for sim 1-ers, general filesharing and chat.  We don't have a TSR section, people are being directed to the booty.  Yeah, that's all I can say about it at this moment Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 March 22, 05:23:39 by Charlotte » Logged

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2008 March 22, 11:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that is a good start charlotte. It's a good thing to come up with alternatives when SFV seems to be down forever.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Lourdes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2008 March 22, 14:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I am certainly glad to hear that people are looking out for those in the community. I wish the members of SFV the best in re-establishing their community.  Smiley
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: 2008 March 22, 16:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am right at home at the simscave.  I do hope that everyone from the old SFV checks it out.  I just wanted to pubically throw my support out there for this new place before this thread *hopefully* dies! 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
BlackBeards Bitch
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2008 March 24, 07:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree Sherry, simscave is a great little place.
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2008 March 31, 20:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

at sims cave will there be a request are for sims 2 items as well?

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2008 April 01, 01:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there's sims 1 and 2 stuffs there - mostly sims 2 though Smiley

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2008 April 01, 02:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do hope that everyone from the old SFV checks it out.  I just wanted to pubically throw my support out there for this new place before this thread *hopefully* dies! 

Shocked

Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: