PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:36:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  We have a new paysite!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: We have a new paysite!  (Read 18635 times)
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #45 on: 2006 November 27, 18:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wyrdwing"
It was only there for a couple of days and it's gone already?  :lol: Looks like I didn't miss much.
All that loads up now are ad's from the host when a site isn't there anymore.

they've only had the domain for 2 weeks and they've already taken the site down lmao
i wouldnt count them out yet, they havent deleted their s2c advertisement thread yet.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #46 on: 2006 November 27, 20:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried this and it says "this site is parked" courtesy of GoDaddy.com.  :lol:  Parked? How 'bout we see a full throttle reverse!
silver
ARR!

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #47 on: 2006 November 27, 21:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't count them out, either. I did a WhoIs check:

Registrant:
BalaBala Sims2

... QingHeXiao
Beijing, 100080
China

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: BALABALASIMS2.COM
Created on: 15-Nov-06
Expires on: 15-Nov-07
Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:
Ball, Bosh boshball@balabalasims2.com
BalaBala Sims2
 ... QingHeXiao
Beijing, 100080
China

Technical Contact:
Ball, Bosh boshball@balabalasims2.com
BalaBala Sims2
 ...QingHeXiao
Beijing, 100080
China

Domain servers in listed order:
PARK21.SECURESERVER.NET
PARK22.SECURESERVER.NET

Etc.

So no, don't count them out. Yet. He/She/It/etc. DOES have the domain for almost a year.

Strange ... he/she/it/them couldn't put out just a little more for a private registration! The site owner/owners must really need the cash.

Edited ... Snipped out the phone number and part of the address because I'm not sure if putting everything on a public forum is a good idea. However, I might be a little too cautious. If I, who admittedly can be clueless at times, can find everything so easily, anyone else can, too.
Jysudo
ARR!

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #48 on: 2006 November 28, 09:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

another chinese gal. might indeed be sunair in disguise or maybe peggysims or rose sims. lol. :roll:

o Away.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #49 on: 2006 November 28, 11:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering whether there was enough info in there for TSR to recognise sunair, hence the disappearing act. We know many paysite owners are stupid, it's always possible they are stupid enough to not use a friend's address or something simple like that to disguise themselves.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
cakewalk
Landlubber

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 November 28, 12:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
Takes 400 years to load.

Then why the url of this site was bulletbullet2.com? (bala in spanish is bullet)  :lol:

I think that this name is not for the load speed, It must be because It can kill you of boredom while you expects to that it is loaded . :lol:

:wink:
Jysudo
ARR!

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #51 on: 2006 November 28, 14:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
I was wondering whether there was enough info in there for TSR to recognise sunair, hence the disappearing act. We know many paysite owners are stupid, it's always possible they are stupid enough to not use a friend's address or something simple like that to disguise themselves.

But in that case, wouldn't TSR "punish" her by disowning her or something? Thomas is not known to be kind.

o Away.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #52 on: 2006 November 28, 17:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Jysudo"
another chinese gal. might indeed be sunair in disguise or maybe peggysims or rose sims. lol. :roll:

Well there ARE only 3 women in China. Proven fact. So it must be.

But here's what I think perhaps happened:

BalaBala Sims2 opens, using modifiend Sunair meshes for most of their content, but thinking it's okay to do that, so long as they said something, which is where the thanking Sunair comes into it, it seems like they're friends, but it might have been an odd way of crediting Sunair...
Anyway, Sunair then sees this, goes 'Dude, those look like my things!! I don't know that person!!', emails them saying 'Hey, what gives? MY STUFF!! Take it off!!' and they've politely taken the site down while they work on some other content that isn't modified from Sunair stuff...

That's what I think may have happened...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #53 on: 2006 November 28, 20:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i think its not only the "borrowed" sunair stuff (i'm sure someone had to have pointed sunair to that site before its magical disappearance) but also the fact that everybody (not just here) was bitching about how it never fully loads and the fact that they are already a pay site (they can't be having bandwidth problems from mass downloaders to "need" the damn pay section yet) which proves they are just trying to make money off it
i think simfan was the one that said it in their advert thread at s2c...they probably got alot of pm's about it too, about how its not loading all the way no matter what browser people use...

so it might be one of those things or a combination of them...if it IS the sunair thing, i am guessing that means they won't be coming back...everything that i saw on there looked like it was "borrowed" sunair stuff so if they did come back it would probably be with either someone else's "borrowed" crap or some really bad Paint jobs.

is that the shortest amount of time a pay site was alive? born and dead in a matter of days? lol
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #54 on: 2006 November 28, 21:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess maybe so, but then, I never had so much of the problems with the site loading impossibly slowly. Pretty slow, yes, but not enough for me to complain about...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
We have a new paysite!
« Reply #55 on: 2006 November 29, 15:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
I guess maybe so, but then, I never had so much of the problems with the site loading impossibly slowly. Pretty slow, yes, but not enough for me to complain about...

Same here.  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: