PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:58:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea Games...let them do their job!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea Games...let them do their job!  (Read 20729 times)
discordkitty
Landlubber

View Profile
Ea Games...let them do their job!
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 24, 01:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
Quote from: "discordkitty"
I just have to say that I always find it really sad and pathetic when people have to resort to "you're just jealous" as an argument.

That's a perfectly fine argument. You're just jealous the voices speak to me, and not you.

Actually I'm jealous that I'm nowhere near as awesome as you Sad
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 24, 02:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I am so jealous of people spending money on things that really shouldn't have to be paid for.  I already spent money on the base game and the expansion packs, and for the new graphics card and RAM so I could play a SHINY game.  I don't want to pay for something that may or may not look good in game, with no hope for a refund.  I hate to waste money.
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 24, 03:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have to say that I always find it really sad and pathetic when people have to resort to "you're just jealous" as an argument.

It's a good excuse if you're fifteen and living out a script of Degrassi TNG.  Other than that, it's a shallow response....

Or you have an awesome $25 weave.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 24, 03:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

And I really AM jealous of a $25 weave. Why did you have to bring it up?  :cry:

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 24, 04:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
*sigh*

And I really AM jealous of a $25 weave. Why did you have to bring it up?  :cry:

*sob*

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 24, 04:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a matter of fact, EA built up a well organized system for custom contents sharing. This doesn't mean that it's the best system ever, or that we have to like it, but its rules are those which matter: the Exchange.

The Exchange is simple: you may upload cc stuff there, for free, that stuff will be automatically identified as yours from that moment on (i.e. credits), and that's it. You can't decide who, when or how your stuff will be downloaded: the EA decided.
Your choice is to share or not to share, not else.

You can also, of course, choose to avoid Exchange's system: you can share stuff p2p with your friends, put up a download site on you own, put up a download site for many people (i.e. MTS2, MATY, etc.), and so on: it's up to you.

BUT, every choice has its pros and cons: you want share your stuff on your site only, but you want proper credit anyway? You can ask for it, but you can't demand it, as if it were a right.
You can ask whatever you want, and hope that your wishes will be satisfied; if they will not be satisfied, well, pity. That's it.

The key of the whole querelle, I think, it's all in the difference between "to ask for" and "to demand as a right", all the rest is bullshit.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 24, 04:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pariland"

It's a good excuse if you're fifteen and living out a script of Degrassi TNG.  Other than that, it's a shallow response....

Or you have an awesome $25 weave.

That weave thing is never going to get old

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 24, 05:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had weave before.
In the form of micro braids.
And it cost me like $230-$250 dollars.
Good luck getting a good $25 weave. lol

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 24, 11:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Amy"
The simple ''don't want to pay'' is not a good point. Seriously, if you go shopping you pay for your purchase.

If I go shopping, I can see what I am buying. I can try on clothes, boots, other stuff to see IF it LOOKS GOOD on me. And best of all, it's always there. But with CC you close the game, close the computer and you have nothing. You've paid a ridiculous price for nothing.

I don't have a credit card. Pay pal doesn't work in my country. And I don't feel like spending MY hard earned cash on someones hobby, so they could buy dirty jockstraps.

It's not like someone's putting a gun to their head and saying "Create something!". If they don't enjoy it, they don't have to do it.

rosebud
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 24, 12:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Amy"
Thank you all for your explanation (especially Jessrocket) I now understand your point of view a bit more. I red others topics and didn't found any answers. There's a lot of people fighting for this, but a lot didn't really know why. The simple ''don't want to pay'' is not a good point. Seriously, if you go shopping you pay for your purchase. World is crual as that! I do think that some sites have crap and they sell it...but I didn't thought that there were silly people to buy them.

In other hand, I think that there is no point for fighting for a game...it's just a fucking game! I don't really approuve the term community because EA game created it (don't want to debate on that, my opinion only and it can be long to explain) But I do think that this site is cool because you all think the same way, so I'm not going to tell you that what you think is not right or to stop that.  Get much fun as you can and good luck in your fight!

And there are people file sharing, yes, it is a cruel world.   :wink:
Amy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 24, 17:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there are people file sharing, yes, it is a cruel world.   :wink:

You got me! lol
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 25, 00:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And actually "don't want to pay" is actually a valid argument.
When I go to the mall, i don't have to pay.
I can just browse and see what I like.
Alot of people just browse.
And if on my way home I happen to meet some nice fella who wants to give me stuff for free, then I'll take it.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 25, 00:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
And if on my way home I happen to meet some nice fella who wants to give me stuff for free, then I'll take it.

:shock:

Amy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 25, 02:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"

I hope for you that is not going to be an old nasty men who wants to give you his candy lol I'll have to call you OpenHouseJack then...

If you want to share files with friends, I don't see any problems. My problem is that there is a huge amount of people that don't have money to pay for those items and they take advantage of this cause to get donations (call it how you like) for free.

If you fight because you think that paysite is wrong because EA Games own all the copyright and nobody should break this law, then you got me on your side. If you are just too poor or your parents don't want that you use their credit cards to afford some items you want, and you fucking don't care about all this, then grow up. I wish I had eveything I want too but life isn't that way.

I do think NOW that paysite should stop, because some people had  good points and I agree with us, not because I want something for free. I have a job and I work hard, and if someone want to give me something, I'll not accept it, except if it's close friends or family. So if you just want something for free, please just download it and don't try to argue with something you don't understand.

And you can't compare files with t-shirts. When you buy something at the store and you decide to give it to somebody else. The only person who is going to own it, is the person that you gave this item. If I give you a file, and you give it to somebody else, we can be 1 million to own this file.

Don't compare apples with oranges. Don't you remember Napster?
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 25, 02:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the thing though, I wasn't throwing a fit because I couldn't have those payfiles or anything of the sort. I also have a job and I also work hard, I just don't feel like paying for something that isn't even theirs to sell in the first place. I never made a big deal over not being able to have them for free, I got over it and honestly never thought about it until I found this place.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: