PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:30:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea Games...let them do their job!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea Games...let them do their job!  (Read 20725 times)
Amy
Landlubber

View Profile
Ea Games...let them do their job!
« on: 2006 November 23, 17:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not totally with you and not totally against you. But my only point, is if it's not legal to ask money for Sims stuff, why not let EA does their job. They made this community to make money, don't you see it. The ''community'' help them to buy their expansion (wich are not very good either). The Sims 2 was supposed to be a lot better, without needed patch for working good. Anyway, this is their problem if people ask money for stuff not yours. Don't have money to get donation stuff...your problem. The only thing that can happen is that a lot a site will close. If there was no cc, it's been a while that I had stop playing this game.

Are really don't understand why you are doing all this drama about paysite. It concerns EA Games only. Nobody forced you to buy something, are you just jealous for not be able to have all these pay stuff?

Really, you have to explain it to me. Ea Games pay you for making this or what?
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 23, 17:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to attempt to explain my opinion on this.
No one is not letting EA do their job or anything else.
No one is stopping paysites from charging obviously.
And no one is stopping us from downloading for free.
Neither party, for now, is forcing the other to do anything.
And you're right: no one if forcing us to buy anything, we can download it for free here.
Just like no one is forcing you or anyone else that doesn't agree to come here.
And in my opinion the people that start the drama are the people against this site.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
Re: Ea Games...let them do their job!
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 23, 17:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Amy"
The only thing that can happen is that a lot a site will close. If there was no cc, it's been a while that I had stop playing this game.

If bruising a prima donna's ego is enough reason for them to close their site, so be it.
Since this site opened, only one has closed as a result. How many new ones have opened in that time? There will be no shortage of cc.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 23, 17:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I download here because I don't want to pay for it. Plain and simple.

It may be the cheap reason but it's the truth.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 23, 18:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, why pay for it and spent money I can spent on shoes when you can get the stupid (and most of the time hideous) pixels for free!
yippee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 23, 18:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not an issue of EA not doing enough hence the need for some modders to create CCs.  The onus for the disagreements of paysites vs. PMDB is that a lot of darned "artiste" are using this ruse to filch money from the community, when in fact they should accept donations solely for bandwith and maintenance costs.  Some other games have CC creators that do it solely for the love of the game and not to fatten their bank accounts.

f you still like watching cartoons and think the world is a nice warm place, FUCK YOU.  fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 23, 19:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Your Mother Has Scurvy"
I download here because I don't want to pay for it. Plain and simple.

It may be the cheap reason but it's the truth.

Me too. Paying for a few pixels is ridiculous.

jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 23, 20:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not totally with you and not totally against you. But my only point, is if it's not legal to ask money for Sims stuff, why not let EA does their job.

EA aren't doing anything because it is not profitable for them to do so. The only thing they have said about this issue can be paraphrased as 'Sort it out amongst yourself'. So as far as 'letting EA do their job' goes, it...really is a non-issue.

They made this community to make money, don't you see it. The ''community'' help them to buy their expansion (wich are not very good either). The Sims 2 was supposed to be a lot better, without needed patch for working good. Anyway, this is their problem if people ask money for stuff not yours.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is supposed to be here. People download custom content (pay or otherwise), and STILL buy the expansions and stuff packs. I don't think I've ever seen anyone say 'I'm not gonna buy Pets (for example) because I spent all my money on paysites'

Don't have money to get donation stuff...your problem. The only thing that can happen is that a lot a site will close. If there was no cc, it's been a while that I had stop playing this game.

As everyone else has pointed out, only one site has closed, and that was her choice, and out of PRINCIPLE, not because she was run out of business and couldn't afford to keep the site open without selling a kidney, or anything like that, she just had a hissy fit. Oh, and if you'd stop playing if it weren't for custom content, you need a bit more challenge in your game...

Are really don't understand why you are doing all this drama about paysite. It concerns EA Games only. Nobody forced you to buy something, are you just jealous for not be able to have all these pay stuff?

It does not concern EA games only. It doesnt concern them at all. It concerns the rules they laid down, people breaking them, and other people who know no better, and waste their money. There is no jealousy here, the pay stuff is available, for free, and someone paid for it in the first place. This doesn't sound like an act of jealousy, or bitterness to me.

Really, you have to explain it to me. Ea Games pay you for making this or what?

You just don't seem to understand the underlying principles of this, nor how EA works as a business, they're not going to leap in and fix anything, we're out here doing this for the community at large, and for ourselves.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Amy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 23, 21:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for your explanation (especially Jessrocket) I now understand your point of view a bit more. I red others topics and didn't found any answers. There's a lot of people fighting for this, but a lot didn't really know why. The simple ''don't want to pay'' is not a good point. Seriously, if you go shopping you pay for your purchase. World is crual as that! I do think that some sites have crap and they sell it...but I didn't thought that there were silly people to buy them.

In other hand, I think that there is no point for fighting for a game...it's just a fucking game! I don't really approuve the term community because EA game created it (don't want to debate on that, my opinion only and it can be long to explain) But I do think that this site is cool because you all think the same way, so I'm not going to tell you that what you think is not right or to stop that.  Get much fun as you can and good luck in your fight!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 23, 21:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, that all of these items were paid for before they got put up here, otherwise how would we have gotten them?

I have spent much more money on pay content than I've paid on the actual game and all of the EP's!  And so if I want to share it, that's my business.  And a paysite owner can't tell me that I can't.  The only thing they're doing by refusing to let me pay for their "donation content" is refusing my money.  And pity for them that I can get it anyway. Tongue
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 23, 22:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The simple ''don't want to pay'' is not a good point.

Good thing I wasn't trying to make a good point, then. You asked for a reason, I gave mine.

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
discordkitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 23, 23:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have to say that I always find it really sad and pathetic when people have to resort to "you're just jealous" as an argument.
Amy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 23, 23:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "discordkitty"
I just have to say that I always find it really sad and pathetic when people have to resort to "you're just jealous" as an argument.

This was not an argument but a question. I just wanted to understand your view. That's it. I didn't accuse anybody of anything. I you think I have done it, then sorry, I didn't want to.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 24, 00:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "discordkitty"

That's a perfectly fine argument. You're just jealous the voices speak to me, and not you.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 24, 00:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could afford any of the pay stuff I actually wanted to get. This is pure principle for me. I downloaded the following, absolutely free:

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3063 "Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul aims to enhance the sense of reward, immersion and realism with extensive changes to ES IV: Oblivion's gameplay structures."

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack/ "This collaborative effort, including the work of modders from several different modding communities, has resulted in a fixpack that currently includes all of the fixes addressed by Baldurdash (including the Game Text Update) and several hundred new bugfixes."

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=81&Itemid=66 "Kelsey is a brand-new, 100% original NPC for Baldur's Gate 2. Kelsey adds dozens of inter-party banters with all your favorite characters: Imoen, Jan, Minsc, Viconia, and more, as well as hundreds of new lines of quest interjections and advice dialogue."

http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html KotOR2 gameplay fixes.

Oh, and virtually everything from http://www.parsimonious.org/

That's a small sampling of the great things people have made for other people to enjoy, without getting one cent from it. Modders charging for custom content is disgusting. It hurts the community when one part of it sees another part as customers, rather than someone who enjoys the same hobby. How many of these paysite people don't even play TS2?

If people are only making things for TS2 to make money, and are not employed by EA, they should stop making things immediately and go do something else with their spare time. They're dragging the community down.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: