PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 21:28:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5284 Members
Latest Member: mobequi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look's like TSR did something good(ish)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look's like TSR did something good(ish)  (Read 6278 times)
FreeForMeAlso
Landlubber

View Profile
Look's like TSR did something good(ish)
« on: 2007 July 31, 01:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now don't make be walk the plank, let me explain.   I was going though the TSR booty and had TSR open in another tab, and what do I find in Birgit43's blog...an update on GUID conflicts here (July 24)  and at Sasilia's blog (July 11).

Now weren't these two just terrible about GUID conflict in the past?  I wonder if TSR has been getting complaints and said something to those two to get them to fix their crap?  Well that's at least one good thing they can do!  :?  Not that it makes up for them being evil.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 31, 01:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR probably had complaints. If the mindless sheeple aren't happy there is definitely something wrong. Well now I can get there stuff from the booty knowing that they fixed it.

FFMA your avatar is the best. I stole it and stashed it for another forum if you don't mind. Cheesy

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 31, 01:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if fixing items that should have never been released without being tested in the first place qualifies as good or even good(ish).

I've had at least two items from TSR override original game content. After spending hours locating one of the broken items, I decided to be responsible and leave a message for the creator. Nothing was ever done.

On the other hand, when I had another item from MTS2, with a guide conflict, I also left a message for the creator. I received a thank you in return and the item had a new guide soon thereafter.

Screw TSR.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 31, 02:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not trying to be mean, but I really dislike the general idea of people being praised for something they should be doing anyway.

I mean an object is pretty much useless for your game with a Guide conflict, not to mention people pay for their stuff and they get paid for creating it.  A basic principle there should be that whatever you are paying for actually works.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 31, 03:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This info should have been posted in the TSR is a sucky ass site thread.  Nothing they do is goodish in my opinion.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 31, 03:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be good that the issue is finally fixed; however, it isn't "good" if those fixed items are pay.  It's useless.

What if people were on a subscription to TSR and downloaded the glitched/conflicting files, and now their subscription has run out?  Will they have to re-subscribe to get the fixed versions?  Knowing TSR, probably.  In my opinion, the very least they can do is now offer that set for free, since it was borked in the first place.

*Renegade

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 31, 03:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR and Good do not ever belong in the same sentence unless you are saying it is "good that TSR gave up, read the ELAU, admited fault and went all free."

This should be done in the first place, people pay for this. That site has not one inch of customer service... not one. You pay for a service, you should get what you pay for.

:twisted: I really dislike them, really. :twisted:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 31, 04:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
TSR and Good do not ever belong in the same sentence unless you are saying it is "good that TSR gave up, read the ELAU, admited fault and went all free."

Or "It's good that Atwa gave Thomass crabs" :bigcheesythumbsup:

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 31, 04:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Feverish"
Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"

Or "It's good that Atwa gave Thomass crabs" :bigcheesythumbsup:

I like it feverish!  :wink:

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 31, 17:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, though, how does any decent creator ever have a GUID conflict? I suck and I still know how to avoid that.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 31, 18:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both sets are updated in the booty  Cheesy

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 31, 18:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, I wanna ask a question.

I have a fireplace that has overridden one of the Maxis originals, its from reflex maybe? I don't know.
But I've found it in the catalog under appliances. Is it okay to just delete it or will that mess up the orginal maxis fireplace?
I guess what I'm asking is this:
If you find that something has done that to an original maxis object, how is the best way to correct the problem?
Do you just delete the object from it's original place as CC?
I've been afraid to do that for fear of inadvertantly messing up the maxis stuff.
Any help would be appreciated and sorry to derail the thread. I just have no clue about how to fix this and it seems like as good a place to ask as any. Smiley

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 31, 18:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This should help you Ry: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GUID_Conflicts

Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 31, 18:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ry, just delete the obect (recolors first) in game. It works, as it is marked as cc. Next start of the game you have the original Maxis object back!

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 31, 18:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you RedLove.
I'm going to have to bookmark that, I'd never seen it before, believe it or not.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: