PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 04:26:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Main Street Sims: BTG's Golden Fuck Nut Award Winner
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Main Street Sims: BTG's Golden Fuck Nut Award Winner  (Read 365298 times)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Main Street Sims: BTG's Golden Fuck Nut Award Winner
« Reply #510 on: 2007 August 07, 07:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh My! :shock: Thank You Trollster for posting all the info on Jan/Mary/Charlotte/Sybil. It certainly brings back alot of memories. I was around for all of that disaster on her group back then & the Tribal forum.

It's all coming back to me now. I dont have access to Tribal anymore but as Ry pointed out theres tons of great stuff in other threads there as well. Is Tribal still an active forum?

I wish my partner in crime ( black market sims trade :lol: ) from back in the early sim 1 days would show up here on PMBD. I Miss her dearly. Kimmy Please PM me if your out there reading this.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: 2007 August 07, 10:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude!

If you can't handle ONE personality without having a mental breakdown and inventing illnesses and traumas and imaginary offline authority figure allies, you certainly have no business trying to manage a half dozen or more.

I feel sorry for mentally ill people who seek help and stay on their meds and try not to hurt others. I have no pity at all for mentally ill people who do not seek help, do not take meds, do not see a real doctor and real therapist, and who have shit fits online whenever their brain chemicals spazz out.

There is enough shit online without genuinely mentally ill people thrown into the mix transgressing upon the naive, tender-hearted and gullible out there.

A condition of certain types of mental illness causes the mentally ill person to refuse to believe that they need help, that their behavior is wrong or foolish or unwise, that people can tell when they try on a new persona or four (or, conversely, they are paranoid that everyone is paying attention to them every minute of every day), that they are not actually smarter than everyone else they interact with, or that they need to straighten up and behave like a sane, healthy adult when interacting with other human beings.

Mental illness of this sort is a type of luxury that allows you to think the world revolves around you and your issues and wants and dislikes, to excuse all your crappy behavior and dishonesty and mistakes with lies or made-up excuses (usually illness, disaster, death of self or loved one), and to blame others for your disappointments and embarrassments (it's the Internet People causing her fake heart attack, causing her to remove her site, causing her to post in six personas, to consult non-existent cops and husbands for support, causing her anxiety attacks, causing her to rant like a crazy bitch, causing her to draw illogical conclusions (Harry Potter? WTF?), and to assume folks even deeply care about her shitfits and weirdness and psychotic breaks with reality.

What mental illness does she have? It would be foolish of me to speculate. I said "psychotic" and meant it in the clinical sense, not the "psycho killer" sense, but hell if I know. Maybe she's unmedicated bipolar. Maybe she is schizophrenic (which has little to do with multiple personalities (which is in itself an outdated term)). I have no clue. But I can tell, as could anyone after seeing her in action for a few days on end, that something is not all right in her head, and whatever flavour of mental illness it is, it is not a kind that allows her to seriously consider she is in need of medical and psychological intervention.

Do I pity her? No. I'd pity her if she was getting help and struggling while her meds were being titered. I'd feel pity if she was too poor to get medical assistance. I'd feel pity if she were underage and struggling with parents with religious or ethical objections to psychiatry. I'd pity her if her illness was not inconveniencing and aggravating hundreds of other people on a regular basis, and if it hadn't been doing so since at least 2002. Almost six years later, she is still online, unmedicated and mentally ill and causing drama. I don't pity her.

If she made an effort to face her illness and make amends for the troubles she'd instigated, THEN I might work up some pity and supportive feelings. In the words of her hyperChristian alter-ego (or was that the crazy "bride"?): God helps those who help themselves. Word to that.

Far be it from me to tell pirates what to do, but I'd suggest not seeking out the drama. If she comes here to be crazy, spork her. If she stays in her own little corner and just drools on herself and doesn't affect anyone else with her problems, let her stew quietly without interference, elsewhere.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2007 August 07, 13:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<Bows to Lorelei>

Madam, you are made of awesome and we are not worthy.

Gods, every time I see you post something, I rush to the thread because your posts, especially the rants, are a work of art. Yes, I'm sad, I know. :lol:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: 2007 August 07, 13:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lorelei, you know I love you, right?
Not only are you the Queen of Old Skool, but you are the Queen of Rants.
 Cheesy

Still watching you guys
Aarrgghh Matey
Landlubber

Aarrgghh

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2007 August 07, 13:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Trollster, for taking the time to put all that history up for us.  It ought to explain a LOT for all of you here.  I remember when that scandal hit the boards.  I know some of the people that were involved.  We've been trying to keep tabs on her ever since.

This has been going on for years so I doubt if there is any hope that she is going to change.  Whether she has a mental illness or what, I dunno.  Whether we here on the forum talk about her, make fun of her, feel pity for her, or support her it's really not going to make any difference in how she acts and reacts.  Everything is misconstrued on her part and has been for years.  The info that Trollster posted proves that.  

And that person on the bridal forum, oh holy cow, sounds way too familiar, doesn't it.

The reason I'm making a reply is because I was going to post this info about her before I read Trollster's post.  I'm gonna still put it up.  It's something I got from my friend back in April because Jan tried to accuse someone on our group of wrongdoing.  It was, again, something else she had misconstrued.

"Here are some of the identities that she used so far to make trouble around the community:

Bevr3, cm, Mary, Marysrs, Bev, Maggie25, Heather, Bev1, Jocr, Maryus,
Katieneon, SallyMD, Jan, Morgansims9, janmoo3, and janmoo

And here is her story in a very short line: from what came out, she had died twice, came back to life, her husband also died twice, and she doesn't have a husband, but her husband is dying of cancer right now."
Lorelei
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: 2007 August 07, 16:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
Lorelei, you know I love you, right?
Not only are you the Queen of Old Skool, but you are the Queen of Rants.
 Cheesy

Aw!

/me appreciates the lurve

Actually, Paden and I seem to be taking turns. There is a special beeper we have, and when the buzzer and lights go crazy, i know that Paden's head has temporarily asploded from handling Teh Dumnis and it's my turn up at bat.

NOTE for the mentally ill: that is a slight exaggeration; it's not a beeper, it is a computer chip implanted in our necks. Tinfoil, while not as effective as a lead-lined beanie, makes an excellent brain ray shield. If you post a picture of yourself in your shiny beanie, you evade our Trollsporking Rays. 100% true. The FBI and your neighbor's dog, Sam, told us so.

Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

What 'gap' is?
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2007 August 07, 18:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mental ill or no, there is no excuse. I am unmedicated (for the time being, meds have a nasty way of making me physically ill)  and diagnosed bipolar, and I would never allow myself to behave that way. Sure, I spaz out all over myself from time to time but even I know enough to NOT TOUCH TEH INTARWEB during those times. I'm sick to death of seeing people use mental illness and diagnosed mental health problems as an excuse, especially in this community. No excuses should be made, if you can't make an attempt to control your illness you have no business playing with others.

To Jan/charlotte or whomever else is playing the mental health card, quit making those of us that try our best to stay in control of ourselves look bad, please. You may not be stable all the time, but you know your own triggers and what it feels like when you're losing it. It's YOUR responsibility to step away during those moments.

Quote from: "Lorelei"
Do I pity her? No. I'd pity her if she was getting help and struggling while her meds were being titered. I'd feel pity if she was too poor to get medical assistance. I'd feel pity if she were underage and struggling with parents with religious or ethical objections to psychiatry. I'd pity her if her illness was not inconveniencing and aggravating hundreds of other people on a regular basis, and if it hadn't been doing so since at least 2002. Almost six years later, she is still online, unmedicated and mentally ill and causing drama. I don't pity her.

I...I think I love you, Lorelei.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2007 August 07, 19:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...The more I learn about this woman and her escapades, the less I pity her. I guess I give people the benefit of the doubt. Anyone who fakes their and others deaths (multiple times) and all the other crap she has pulled do not deserve pity. I have learned something.

This woman is giving everyone with a mental illness a bad name. These kind of people are what cause people to stereotype those who are mentally ill.
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2007 August 07, 19:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I am mentally ill and the last thing I want is pity, all I want is to be liked, I come onto the internet to escape the grievances of my real life. I have psychotic depression and have probably faced more problems than her in a lifetime. I don't think she's mentally ill, I think she's just a pathetic loser who's deprived of affection. But Jan if you are, I concur with liegenschonheit. Quit making us look like attention whores.

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2007 August 07, 20:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if the cops actually did tell her to get off the internet. Judging by her erratic behavior, I could see her calling 911 about it. She may have taken their warning as being for her safety, while they meant it as "quit bugging us, crazy". Reminds me of those random 911 calls you see on Leno.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2007 August 07, 23:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I googled her number and name, and came up with 2 results.....and one listed a male name under hers..........hmmmm.......maybe her "husband", perhaps?

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Lorelei
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: 2007 August 07, 23:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ieliminate"
This woman is giving everyone with a mental illness a bad name. These kind of people are what cause people to stereotype those who are mentally ill.

Very true.

I was a personal assistant to a psychiatrist who deals primarily with people who have addiction issue complications and several who were abused as children, which are both conditions that require a specialized approach to therapeutic care.

The bonus from this job is that I have been judged mentally sound, with two exceptions: I am an Avoidant personality. Most people avoid conflict in real life. I avoid almost all unpleasantness, and have to be strict with myself to stay on task. I'm too easily bored, basically. I manage to do what needs to be done, but I drag my feet. I procrastinate. I even avoid pleasant activities on occasion, anticipating the hassle required. Where jobs are concerned, I get them done. My personal tasks take longer.

The other exception is that I am a depressive. It runs in the family. My father donated wonky brain chemical genes to me. I am not on meds at the moment, though they would benefit me, due to financial strain. On the plus side, meds I took ten years ago were eye-opening. Part of living with depression requires learning to differentiate situational depression (stuff outside of yourself sucks, an a negative reaction is normal) and chemical depression (your brain chemicals are clouding your view, and there's nothing outside of yourself triggering the negative moods) and learning what Base Normal feels like, so you can learn to gauge whether you are reacting appropriately because stuff really sucks, or if your brain chemicals being out of whack are making you feel crappy and stuff doesn't actually suck at the moment. Knowhutimean?

My responsibility requires me to not Avoid unpleasant but necessary tasks to the point where others are inconvenienced or I risk doing a poor job for someone--or a company--paying me. My responsibility requires me not to blame my depression when I act like a jerk or hermit myself, as I have the choice not to be a jerk or a hermit. My responsibility requires me to remember I am unmedicated at the moment, and thus my take on situations is probably clouded by my brain-chemical-impaired mood. My responsibility is to work to get myself back on meds, or to ask for help if my brain chemical imbalance ever gets bad enough to cause me to lash out at others or contemplate suicide.

Typically, when I am dealing with a downswing in mood (I am typically chronically, constantly, and unendingly depressed, but it can get worse or, temporarily, be improved by positive outside-myself events), I take time to re-read before I post something online, I count to ten before I speak, and I stay away from other people when I am feeling like a wet blanket.

That digression aside, the mentally ill my ex-boss dealt with were typically aware of their problems and in the process of learning how to not let their problems take over their entire existence. Several had psychiatric maladies that sound frightening to the average Joe, be it bipolar or psychotic or schizoid or whatever. In truth, most psychiatric maladies, when medicated and when under therapeutic care, do not reveal themselves to people who don't know. It's like an appendix. Some people have one, some have had it removed. You can't tell at a glance (with their clothes on, anyway). A person with mental illness is just like you or me or someone with no diagnosed malady. It is how the mental illness is being addressed or ignored that makes all the difference.

Mentally ill people, particularly those who do not have the capability to acknowledge their illness or believe it exists (see: bipolar in a manic phase, feeling great, acting out, on top of the world, and unaware of how their behaviors are affecting others around them...bipolars aren't bad people, but, particularly when in an unmedicated manic phase, they lack the ability to sit outside themselves and judge that their behavior is wonky; see also a depressive who self-medicates with alcohol or other short term mood fixes; see also a number of other situations) lack the ability to see their actions clearly, or to accept outside information that could help them. They see their problems as all external, and nothing is THEIR fault. These folks are the ones most in need of therapeutic and pharmaceutical intervention, but are, alas, from what I understand, the least likely to seek and receive help. They see the problems as all external, and accept no blame or responsibility themselves.

Note that there is a link between having a chemical imbalance and acts of creativity. No one can seriously argue that "all" mentally ill people lack the skills to contribute to society positively. Yet there IS a stigma, especially in the US, though it is lessening in recent years (in fact, I suspect we're swinging in the other direction and are pill-happy in a lot of cases, in search of a quick fix: pills without therapy, in many cases, is like having a specialized tool but no instructions on how to use it; you may luck out and use it correctly more often than not, but you aren't getting the full benefit).

It is my opinion that there is no "normal brain", just brains which have brain chemicals balanced enough to fall within a "normal" range more often than otherwise, and brains which need a little outside help now and then to function optimally. There's still so little Western medicine knows about how outside influences effect your body as a whole, though attempts to understand the  effects of diet (e.g., dehydration, vitamin deficiency, healthy v. unhealthy foods), weather/season (e.g., Seasonal Affect Disorder), mood (e.g., acupuncture/acupressure/reiki; note that in Eastern medicine, a link between anger and the gall bladder has been noticed for thousands of years, to the point where having a gall bladder removed frequently results in the patient having a heart attack because the gall bladder as a mood buffer is removed; Western medicine has only recently noticed a correlation), and even less tangible and less powerful things like colour and scent (e.g., Feng Shui, aromatherapy, painting jails and institutions certain psychologically relaxing colours) are being made, slowly. We reach for things ranging from astrology to Myers-Briggs and Kinsey numbers, things of variable worth and accuracy, to define why we are who we are, and the number of variables that make a person who they are are so vast, no one system can fully reveal an individual.

In the end, taking responsibility for your own personal quirks and brain chemical imbalances and typical behaviors is necessary to be a fully functioning adult in society. If you try to know yourself, it makes you a better person to be around. The supposedly selfish and self-absorbed act of focusing on your personal quirks and behaviors is actually societally responsible and an act of love and kindness towards humanity in general. If you know how you tick, you then have the choice of acknowledging your strengths and weaknesses and focusing on your strengths when dealing with other humans. Sadly, it is not the "standard factory setting" for the average person to be self-contemplative. It's much easier to say "s/he made me do X" or "it's so-and-so's fault" and evade responsibility. It's just not an adult way to be.

I've noticed that, typically speaking, people who have a good handle on how and why they do what they do and/or those folks with psychiatric complaints who medicate and/or seek help are actually far more pleasant people to interact with. Why? Because they know their "out of the box" settings need a little tweaking, and that the world does not owe them anything, and that they are responsible for trying to fix their own brain settings and to monitor their own behaviors. Not all, but most.

This does not refer to people who self-diagnose and use it as an excuse to be arseholes (Asperger's is a popular excuse du jour online if you're actually just an antisocial arsehole with social retardation), or people who label themselves or get a label and trot it out at every opportunity to explain their behavior but who do not actually DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. It isn't enough, for instance, to say "I'm diabetic" and then refuse to address the problem, right? It isn't enough to say "I'm psychotic" and then not seek outside help.

I'm not saying people should look for labels to attach to themselves, or to let certain conditions rule their lives, I'm saying that the first step is not letting the label or condition rule your life. Who is the boss, the brain chemical imbalance or YOU? If you need a med to function and not hurt yourself or others, take your fucking medication. We as a society usually understand that if you have a headache, you take an ibuprofin or aspirin, and if you have a physical disease that responds to meds, you take your damn meds. I don't understand why taking medicine or seeking treatment for mental disease is so stigmatized. It seems stupid to me that you'd know you have an imbalance and don't seek to fix it if it is causing you or others distress, discomfort and dis-ease. Ya know?

Maybe in our lifetimes the stigma will disappear. Right now I'm seeing a lot of pill-pushing for minor physical complains and general feelings of malaise, when the person involved probably needed to work on diet, exercise, and get therapy first. Randomly taking pills is just as bad as not taking them when they are necessary. If my condition worsened, or started to affect people around me more than it does (people who care about me worry when I am down, but know that I am self-aware enough not to let things get bad enough that I will self-harm or harm others), I would move heaven and earth to get the meds I currently can't afford. I would feel better, on average, with a properly titered anti-depressant with acceptable side-effects (anti-depressants all have side-effects; some work to your benefit, some are bearable, and some are just not), but feeling depressed on a regular basis is the price I choose to pay so I can focus on school right now. Most of my friends and family, excluding a handful of people I trust and feel close to and confide in, have no idea I am a depressive at all. I go out when I am able to deal with the world in a pleasant manner, and force my shy, introvert self to be an outgoing extrovert. I don't take disagreement or negative opinions about myself to heart (I am harder on myself than any stranger could be, and close friends rarely take exception to any of my behaviors). I try to be assertive but kind. I try to remember that my behaviors affect others. I stay away from toxic people. Meds would thicken my skin and make being an extrovert with the ability to shrug off negative things easier, so my forays into the world at large are regulated to be within my personal tolerance zone. (I even do Xmas shopping all on one day and mostly online, as I dislike large crowds of strangers, especially if there are unattended wild children involved...and I kinda like kids, one on one. Why? Because more than a day at a mall makes me take to bed and pull the covers over my head to escape the aggravation and stress via sleep!) It's all part of knowing my limits, both when medicated and not, and trying not to poke my boundaries too much on purpose when I know the results will be highly unpleasant.

Sorry for the novella!

Short version: people with treated and/or medicated psychiatric complaints are not, by default, horrible, terrible people. I've noticed the opposite, generally speaking. These people generally are taught tools that help them cope and deal with others better. Measuring maturity, self-awareness and personal responsibility is the key. Most medicated mentally ill have taken personal responsibility to get help, which is the act of a responsible, self-aware adult. I prefer to associate with adults.

The end. Smiley

P.S. to liegenschonheit: I have your cute, vampy SimSelf in my game, actually. I don't have time to play much at the moment, but she's rooming with other MATY/PMBD gals in a lot. Will let you know if she visits a comm lot or stops by to say hello at any res lots, or if I play her house lot. Smiley

What 'gap' is?
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: 2007 August 08, 00:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

googled her number and name, and came up with 2 results.....and one listed a male name under hers..........hmmmm.......maybe her "husband", perhaps?

Maybe shes actually a he? or atleast one of her personalities is.

Boy this whole topic makes me want to pop some popcorn & through in my anniversary edition dvd of the movie Sybil.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

angelyne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2007 August 08, 03:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My my my.  This is really quite the thread.  I tried to read all of it, I really did, but had to skip to the end, or get no sleep tonight.  I have ploughed through some novels faster than this.

Anyway, hopefully I am not repeating anything.  I clicked on the Mainstreet link and got this

This site is closed

Bring this Site Back

We need $90.00 by September

or it will stay closed

donate for us to bring it back .
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2007 August 08, 03:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone here (Pescado,over here) needs to make a page out there on the web, advertising where you can get Main St. Sims booty for free, to compete against this "donate 90.00" or else horseshit....... :lol:  :twisted:

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: